Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

7 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

I’m on holiday in the Algarve right now but I’d literally have paid thousands of pounds to come back and attend that event!! Gutted I’ve missed the coming together of my 2 heroes!! So glad they’ve connected though and will go to sleep dreaming of them talking tactics and Kev spurring Eddie on to greater heights. 

Kev’s such a motivator, can you imagine what results Eddie’s gonna pick up now after a Keegan-boost? Dortmund are royally screwed!

It sounds like a great occasion, with KK and Eddie together, but I'm not sure about it being a regular feature. We should be looking forward, not back. 

In his presser, Eddie spoke about not putting pressure on the players. Really there should be no talk of winning the Champions League. Not at this point.

Edited by Cronky

On 22/10/2023 at 21:14, Paullow said:

Absolutely incredible that in the past 12 months, we have scored 4+ 12 times. Just steamrolling teams at times

8-0 Sheff U
6-1 Spurs
5-1 West Ham, Villa, Brentford
4-0 Palace, Villa
4-1 PSG, Everton, Brighton, Fulham, Southampton

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier-league/jahrestabelle/wettbewerb/GB1/saison_id/2022

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier-league/jahrestabelle/wettbewerb/GB1/saison_id/2023

36 21 9 6 57 31 +26 72

30 15 8 7 60 31 +29 53

So since the start of 22, spanning 3 different seasons, we have P66 W36 D17 L13 F117 A62 GD+55 PTS 125, plus a cup final, and started well in the CL.

Incredible.

Opta's "kneejerk" (=just for fun) stats  article says we are currently on course for 101 goals in a season. The record is 106, and since we've had hard fixtures so far and are leading all those metrics shown on MOTD, there is potential we'll break the record.

https://theanalyst.com/eu/2023/10/five-knee-jerk-reactions-to-the-premier-league-weekend/

12 hours ago, Cronky said:

It sounds like a great occasion, with KK and Eddie together, but I'm not sure about it being a regular feature. We should be looking forward, not back. 

In his presser, Eddie spoke about not putting pressure on the players. Really there should be no talk of winning the Champions League. Not at this point.

Have you ever Keeganed?

Think he did well to change things up tactically, and the introduction of the subs was at a good time, when he typically delays it. Now, I really want to see him start to rotate a little more. See some more of Hall, Tino and Targett for instance. (Probably all we can rotate now that we've got all these injuries :lol: )

1 hour ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Murphy-Almiron-Gordon behind the striker looked canny interesting for some brief minutes [emoji38]

Miggy can thrive in that 10 role if you ask me. And it can be incredibly fluid. With Isak in front, we could see something. I just don’t think the gaffer will change the system to accommodate a 10 (or a DM which everyone seems to be clamoring for). 

8 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

We usually come back from a defeat, much more intense and punped. Wolves and Man Utd better watch out. 

I'd say its abit the opposite. One loss seems to bring 2 or 3 then we go on a mad winning streak

1 hour ago, jack j said:

I'd say its abit the opposite. One loss seems to bring 2 or 3 then we go on a mad winning streak

Yep.  Usually short sticky patches then back to kicking arse again.  Hopefully this isn’t what’s happening - I think we just lost to a really good side in a match where we could still have gotten a result despite not playing at our best. 

3 hours ago, cubaricho said:

Miggy can thrive in that 10 role if you ask me. And it can be incredibly fluid. With Isak in front, we could see something. I just don’t think the gaffer will change the system to accommodate a 10 (or a DM which everyone seems to be clamoring for). 

I think Almiron isn’t smart enough as a footballer to play as a 10 effectively.  He’s all high energy and commitment, but I wouldn’t describe him as an intelligent or cute footballer. 

Would love to see over the season if the 4-2-3-1 that was tried in the second half last night works as an alternative formation for us. Sadly I suspect its success hinges on having two good passing midfielders - and with Tonali about to be out, that may well spell an end to it. 

5 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I think Almiron isn’t smart enough as a footballer to play as a 10 effectively.  He’s all high energy and commitment, but I wouldn’t describe him as an intelligent or cute footballer. 

That’s a hot take man.

He's absolutely “smart” enough for that role. 

1 hour ago, cubaricho said:

That’s a hot take man.

He's absolutely “smart” enough for that role. 

Maybe as a second striker ghosting into positions like a Dele Alli. But he's not the ability to play as a traditional 10. Turning on the ball, cute passes, perfectly weighted. That's not his game.

Closest we have is Isak and he's injured. 

Edited by The College Dropout

12 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Almiron played that role quite well under Rafa.

He played on the left of a 3-4-3 under Benitez; him, Rondon and Perez. He's only ever played as a 10 for us a handful of times, most of those under Stephen Roger funnily enough.