Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

That gap is tactical btw. When we are inn’rest defence’ we setup as a flat 5 with a noticeable gap between midfield and defend. 

when we first went 433 we defended 4141. With Shelvey between the lines in that gap. 

I think that was one of the reasons we stayed up that year,not that Shelvey was a great defensive midfielder but because the gap was filled.

Last season our centre backs were much more proactive than they were this season. A big part of that was because Dubravka is the opposite of Pope in terms of coming off his line, but there was actually a notable improvement and reduction in the gap when Burn started playing at LCB because he defended so aggressively and helped to fill the gap.

Botman was extremely poor when he returned after being dominant prior to his injury; and Schar is not getting younger and had many more poor performances this season than he did last (not necessarily all his fault though). 

8 hours ago, Checko said:

Part of it is also an issue where our DM is also our best AM. Bruno basically plays both roles when he can.

This right here. I remember in the beginning with bruno and tonali and the mess it was with both on the pitch. We need one midfielder to have that defensive responsibility. Not one that is both DM and AM or two that is both. Thats the only downside to Bruno. He is by far the best midfielder in the team right now, but honestly there are better DMs out there, as well as better AMs out there. 

I'm hoping Bruno and Sandro can work an understanding that one covers while the other presses forward. It's where a long term injury happens to either when the bother starts 

1 hour ago, BlueLion said:

This right here. I remember in the beginning with bruno and tonali and the mess it was with both on the pitch. We need one midfielder to have that defensive responsibility. Not one that is both DM and AM or two that is both. Thats the only downside to Bruno. He is by far the best midfielder in the team right now, but honestly there are better DMs out there, as well as better AMs out there. 

Agreed. Cash in and get a £50m DM and £50m AM. Job's a good un.

1 hour ago, BlueLion said:

You still here? 

The next English manager who says he does not want to manage England should be ordered to ring the parents of a soldier who has died serving his country in Afghanistan and tell them his reasons.

Just now, TBG said:

The next English manager who says he does not want to manage England should be ordered to ring the parents of a soldier who has died serving his country in Afghanistan and tell them his reasons.

:dowie: