Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

6 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

Despite suggestions that Newcastle are on the verge of signing Lloyd Kelly and Tosin Adarabioyo, players the club like, Howe stated that he was not aware of any imminent announcement.

Howe said: "No, nothing close. I am a step removed from everything because we are out here, time difference plays a part. I am not fully up to date. But I don't think anything is close."

:howe:

Guy's literally 9 hours ahead of us and claiming time difference means he's not up to date. BS.

2 hours ago, Checko said:

Guy's literally 9 hours ahead of us and claiming time difference means he's not up to date. BS.

Worrying ? 

2 hours ago, sempuki said:

Can ignore that. He's a bit of a fibber. He'll know exactly what's going on.

Remember when he denied any knowledge of signing Barnes, when he was doing promos in the next room? :lol:

On 20/05/2024 at 07:32, Andy said:

There isn't a stat that can predict results, at least not very well, football is unpredictable.

This is proven every time someone posts a table like that to show a team has underperformed or overperformed their xG/xPts or whatever else. It's not that the team has under or over performed, it's that the data is flawed apart from at the extreme ends of the scale. A team's results over a full season is their correct level. 

Not necessarily - our “true” level would surely involve more points accumulated if we didn’t play for 2 months with half a squad missing?

7 hours ago, Theregulars said:

Not necessarily - our “true” level would surely involve more points accumulated if we didn’t play for 2 months with half a squad missing?

Well yeah, obviously, but we were probably at our level relative to the squad we had available. 

He's going to have us in and around the top 4 next season now like, otherwise I think he'll be under pressure from above for the first time, whether we're one of the best 4/5 teams or not 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, JoeyBartoon said:

I dread to think the atmosphere if there’s a bad start next season 

The transfer window’s going to be bad enough [emoji38] He’s off/He stays! 

Edited by PauloGeordio

Posted (edited)

Eddie is magnificent. Intelligent, humble, self-reflective, obsessed. I wouldn't change him for anyone. Klopp ran out of steam, Guardiola is playing on easy mode, Emery had a 5 year head start and Arteta's a hemorrhoid. Eddie's just nearly dragged Dubravka, Burn, Krafth, Longstaff, Murphy, Almiron and a GCSE student into the Europe. If you think he's not good enough, I hope Mark Lawrenson becomes your step dad.

Edited by Monkey Alan

57 minutes ago, Monkey Alan said:

Eddie is magnificent. Intelligent, humble, self-reflective, obsessed. I wouldn't change him for anyone. Klopp ran out of steam, Guardiola is playing on easy mode, Emery had a 5 year head start and Arteta's a hemorrhoid. Eddie's just nearly dragged Dubravka, Burn, Krafth, Longstaff, Murphy, Almiron and a GCSE student into the Europe. If you think he's not good enough, I hope Mark Lawrenson becomes your step dad.

And fiddles with you. 

With us back to one game a week, he'll be in his element and we'll almost certainly be in the top four mix. He needs Europe to equipe him for the next step though.

I mean, for as bad as Man Utd have been and they have been rank for a good portion, they’ve still won 2 trophies with Ten Hag. It’s quite impressive given the gulf between them and the top teams in the league.

Next season is made for Howe without Europe think it’s the best thing that could have happened for him, negligible impact on transfer budget in my opinion and not playing Thursday/Sunday is massive.

1 minute ago, Ben said:

Loads of Twitter numptys wanting Howe gone after today's result

Our Twitter fan base is warped. Such a pack of narcissistic freaks.

I often head on to Twitter if I want to read a series of level-headed, sensible and thoughtful reactions to small inconveniences  

My confidence in him has not diminished by even 1% after this season.

Obviously I'd have loved Europe, but at the start of the season I thought last year was an over-achievement given what he had at his disposal, and if we made 6th this year then considering that and the extra games, we'd have had just as good a campaign as last year.

Sure nobody is perfect - I was as infuriated as anyone seeing Burn at DL week after week, and persisting with Dubravka after Pope returned has likely been costly. We all have our flaws.

However we came within a whisker of the 6th place I'd have said was as good as last year's 4th and also finished above Man U for the first time in my life, got the 2 cup quarter finals, smashed PSG to give me one of the best nights I can remember, put the mackems back in their box on their own ground, scored more goals than we ever have before and did all that whilst coping with the worst injury crisis any club has had since Man U in 1958.

There is nobody I'd rather have manage this club next season than Eddie Howe.

8 minutes ago, Ben said:

Loads of Twitter numptys wanting Howe gone after today's result

But they'd not have wanted him gone if City won? That makes no sense, as if getting "Europe" is the success barometer, and what we actually do in the season is otherwise irrelevant? Pillocks.