Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

I don't think Howe needs to come out and say anything. Per a previous comment, coming out and saying it's not for you right now could snooker him in the future as it would make the FA look silly.

No doubt there will be discussions behind the scenes, but that's where they need to stay, especially if he wants the job at some point in the future.

3 minutes ago, BeloEmre said:

So yesterday Hope told us of a £5m release clause, today Eales says there is no release clause. The journos clearly have no idea of what is going on.

Love a statement fucking Hope over. Smug cunt that he is.

So you mean to tell me that the only way the FA can get Eddie is if they are fleeced in the process? :lol:

Eddie is worth anything that they paid... they won't though. They will go for the cheap option.

I don't think Eddie would enjoy being a national team manager. He is much more a club manager. What I can read out from his interviews is that he is hard working and likes the day to day work with the players. You have none of that as manager for England.

4 minutes ago, STM said:

So you mean to tell me that the only way the FA can get Eddie is if they are fleeced in the process? :lol:

Eddie is worth anything that they paid... they won't though. They will go for the cheap option.

Aye fuck that, that's my taxes used to pay for Eddie, (everything I don't understand is my Taxes) go for Happy Potter 

8 minutes ago, STM said:

Not unless they appoint Jim Ratcliffe as a special advisor and start Operation ‘whinge like a bitch in public’ again

Everyone in football knew this would very likely be Southgate’s last tournament, he virtually said as much himself. 

If you had aspirations to succeed him, signing yourself up to a multi-year contract shortly before, would seem a very strange way of improving your chances.

1 hour ago, Ben said:

I just hope Eddies head hasn't been turned 

Eddie is the most professional person on the planet. He will honour his contract even if he was interested.

Howe is a manager very much in the ascendancy. His stock is high, he’s in a great job, he’s still young. Do managers in this position generally take an international role nowadays? 

Howe would back himself to deliver a trophy for England, no doubt. But he’d equally back himself to win something with us in the next 2 seasons imo. 

Can’t see him leaving the project personally but would retain a slight worry if the question is asked. 

Probably the worst dicussion on this forum at the moment, and that says something.

If you are truly worried that the FA would be able to get Howe, or that Howe would even consider it, your brain is objectively speaking fucking broken, maybe beyond repair, from years of eating shit as a NUFC fan.

This thread should be dead with the exception of the occasional "he's class isn't he"-post up until the season starts.