Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

4 minutes ago, Infinitely Content said:

I think it's the perfect sentiment and if our fans took it on board it would be of huge benefit. We are formidable when united, as seen in 22-23, the moment we forgo that we're infinitely weaker.

that’s a way to read it. Another way is “without the spirit we are going to deep shit and so “no matter what” we have to be united”

I read it as a pretty obvious bit of gaslighting tbh. Fans are rightly fucked off and, rightly or wrongly, he’s had some part in the problems and the badly managed messaging around expectations. We’ve been very united behind him and his team for his entire tenure, including a poor effort at times last year. The club hasn’t delivered on even the most basic of expectations (improve the squad), and fans are understandably miffed and confused. He’d do better to just say “we had a bad summer and made some mistakes”.

16 minutes ago, Infinitely Content said:

“I understand the fans frustration over the transfer window. We’re all in it together. We need one united cause - and that’s a cause against everyone we’re playing. What we can’t do is tear ourselves apart. We’re a formidable force when we’re united.”

Amen Edward.

Great sentiment. Doesn’t explain what’s went on 

9 minutes ago, Infinitely Content said:

“I understand the fans frustration over the transfer window. We’re all in it together. We need one united cause - and that’s a cause against everyone we’re playing. What we can’t do is tear ourselves apart. We’re a formidable force when we’re united.”

Amen Edward.

I think if they want to head off a negative reaction there needs to be more communication from the club about our direction. What's actually happening with the stadium and training ground, is the project still to be No.1 or is that no longer realistic under PSR restrictions? The vacuum of information is going to be filled with frustration and worry if they don't communicate those things to the fans.

Just now, gdm said:

Great sentiment. Doesn’t explain what’s went on 

Not sure why he would be expected to at this time with the window still open? He's focused his attention on a productive comment highlighting that regardless of transfers the club has a unique strength which is not cultivated by money spent but by a choice. He's also not 'gaslighting' either, he's pointing out that we can't become fractured in disappointment for too long and allow that to carry over into the stands. He's absolutely right, and clearly he senses, rightly, that there's a danger of that happening.

I could be, and more than likely am, wrong here but I can’t help but sense the frustration in eddies words re the transfer situation over his last few interviews. 

He made some eyebrow raising comments in Germany preseason and this morning was another indicator of all not being well. Makes you wonder if he told the FA to give him the summer for Newcastle to back him until he makes a decision about the national team job. 

Like I say, probably wrong.

1 minute ago, BennyBlanco said:

I could be, and more than likely am, wrong here but I can’t help but sense the frustration in eddies words re the transfer situation over his last few interviews. 

He made some eyebrow raising comments in Germany preseason and this morning was another indicator of all not being well. Makes you wonder if he told the FA to give him the summer for Newcastle to back him until he makes a decision about the national team job. 

Like I say, probably wrong.

We bid £70m for Marc Guehi, so if that was his choice then he can’t say he wasn’t backed.

7 minutes ago, Infinitely Content said:

Not sure why he would be expected to at this time with the window still open? He's focused his attention on a productive comment highlighting that regardless of transfers the club has a unique strength which is not cultivated by money spent but by a choice. He's also not 'gaslighting' either, he's pointing out that we can't become fractured in disappointment for too long and allow that to carry over into the stands. He's absolutely right, and clearly he senses, rightly, that there's a danger of that happening.

Aye I know. Just thinking out load really 

17 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

I read it as a pretty obvious bit of gaslighting tbh. Fans are rightly fucked off and, rightly or wrongly, he’s had some part in the problems and the badly managed messaging around expectations. We’ve been very united behind him and his team for his entire tenure, including a poor effort at times last year. The club hasn’t delivered on even the most basic of expectations (improve the squad), and fans are understandably miffed and confused. He’d do better to just say “we had a bad summer and made some mistakes”.

Gaslighting? Howay, man. I watched it live and it didn't come across like that to me at all. I think it was obvious he wasn't happy with our lack of signings, and he said that. 

He was asked the same question multiple times as usual, so ends up trying to give a slightly different answer to each reporter. The Irish lad asked him an absolutely pitiful question that was a straight up duplicate of a previous question, but without a contextual follow-up. "What lessons have been learned?..." 

6 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

Why should anyone have to pander to the fans at this point? No one at the club owes the supporters a thing imo.

8 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Why should anyone have to pander to the fans at this point? No one at the club owes the supporters a thing imo.

I mean that's sort of the point of a football club though Yorkie.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

Just now, Hanshithispantz said:

I meab that's sort of the point of a football club though Yorkie.

I mean we're not owed some explanation as if we've been horribly hard done by. Certainly not from Eddie Howe.

4 minutes ago, huss9 said:

where was it - couldnt see on youtube

It was broadcasted live through the app (which kept crashing)

Will be uploaded to youtube in a few hours. 

Edited by junkhead

1 minute ago, huss9 said:

you think much will be "edited"????

Nah, it never is. Eddie is FLAWLESS anyway and the questions are not that hard-hitting, it's the local press after all.. timeEd put all their analysis, inside info, club/agent contacts to shame with a single post a month ago, which imo explains our behaviour during the whole window.

Just now, Gallowgate Toon said:

Dunno if it's been wrapped up in Tweets yet but he was asked if we only had 1 target and he said no and outlined reasons why it'd be bad for things like negotiating power if that was our approach. We missed out on multiple targets, apparently.

:lol: I for one am shocked that we identified more than one possible target. We only knew about Guehi cos of the Palace side throwing stuff at Ornstein etc.

It raises another doubt about our negotiating skills, mind you...

Tosin is the really annoying one. Fucking Chelsea, man.

Just now, huss9 said:

so nowt from Hope in the presser, then?

after all his billy big bollocks shit stirring i thought he might have pushed eddie a little.

Tbf, he did, but he asked about 'working relationships' from the bit that I saw. Did a little stutter as well as he initially asked while ED was staring him down.