Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

12 minutes ago, arnonel said:

Numnuts on here have no idea what is going on at the training ground. There could be 100 reasons your fave player is not starting. Can't we just for the love of God trust our awesome manager and get behind the team no matter what? Do we have to bitch and moan constantly. Seriously...

First time here? 😀

Just now, KaKa said:

It's ugly at the minute, it's really really ugly!

But we at least have the character to fight through it and are getting results.

And he has to get the credit for that.

Be hilarious to do a season of this and finish top 4.

17 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

This season is a bit Pardew 5th finish so far. 

We played better then than we are now tbf :lol:

I give Eddie the benefit of the doubt but not starting Barnes was a curious choice. Longstaff over Tonali I could understand to some extent - he’d played twice in a week, wasn’t around on the training pitch - but Barnes guarantees goals at the minute.

Just now, christ said:

We played better then than we are now tbf :lol:

I give Eddie the benefit of the doubt but not starting Barnes was a curious choice. Longstaff over Tonali I could understand to some extent - he’d played twice in a week, wasn’t around on the training pitch - but Barnes guarantees goals at the minute.

We absolutely did not play better for the most partin the 5th season. Cisse's goal against Chelsea was about as indicative of our season as you can get.

Defensively we look a lot more solid than last season. That's huge because even when not playing well going forward we hang on in games long enough for our best players to show their quality.

When he hits that balance (and he will), we're going to fly 

1 minute ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

We absolutely did not play better for the most partin the 5th season. Cisse's goal against Chelsea was about as indicative of our season as you can get.

First four games of that season we deservedly beat the Mackems and Fulham.

This season we could have no complaints if we were rooted to the foot of the table with Everton.

1 minute ago, christ said:

First four games of that season we deservedly beat the Mackems and Fulham.

This season we could have no complaints if we were rooted to the foot of the table with Everton.

We've conceded three goals and not allowed that many shots on target. Defensively we are doing enough to certainly have complaints if we were at the bottom of the table.

Just now, LiquidAK said:

Howe acknowledging there that we have to improve all over the pitch. Love that :clap:

Previous managers would've hid behind that result 

Previous managers wouldn't have got that result. Except lovely Rafa.

People might not realize, that Howe might just want to have options at the bench? Bringing in Murphy and Longstaff against tired legs does nothing. Bringing Harvey and Tonali does. I am pretty sure Tonali starts the next one.

Isak is again wandering nowhere to be seen for a long while. Not his fault, but I like it when he drops deep and turns. Our system especially in away games isolates him way too much. He is not a target man to hold up the play. This is really something Howe should fix. Maybe Trippier starting away could be one answer. He adds pace to our play with his passing. Tino is more of a dribbler.

Burn is horrible. I mean he blocks and wins headers, but he is so slow and poor 1v1 that it is ridiculous.

3 minutes ago, KingArthur said:

People might not realize, that Howe might just want to have options at the bench? Bringing in Murphy and Longstaff against tired legs does nothing. Bringing Harvey and Tonali does. I am pretty sure Tonali starts the next one.

Isak is again wandering nowhere to be seen for a long while. Not his fault, but I like it when he drops deep and turns. Our system especially in away games isolates him way too much. He is not a target man to hold up the play. This is really something Howe should fix. Maybe Trippier starting away could be one answer. He adds pace to our play with his passing. Tino is more of a dribbler.

Burn is horrible. I mean he blocks and wins headers, but he is so slow and poor 1v1 that it is ridiculous.

You play your best players in your starting 11, simple as. I think Howe knew he fucked up the selection today. Murphy is decent off the bench as shown in the last game.

Just now, CPL said:

You play your best players in your starting 11, simple as. I think Howe knew he fucked up the selection today. Murphy is decent off the bench as shown in the last game.

Yes, but there might be 100 reasons that we don't know behind this. "Playing your best players" meant for example with Pardew that he played Ba as a left winger, which didn't really work defensively at all.

His changes turned the game, and he made them early. Great job. Overall our performances have been poor, especially attacking-wise. Right side is dead at the moment. Livramento and Murphy doesn't work at all, and centrebacks cannot play to midfield if Bruno is marked.