Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

6 minutes ago, Klaus said:

We needed someone to come in and start getting results/performances quickly. It's been hit and miss so far in the league and now a dreadful result in the FA cup, but im still behind him 100%.

Howe isn't that type of manager. He's been brought in as part of a long term project IMO. A relegation and rebuild under Howe would bear more fruit than survival under a quick fix manager with no long term plan. 

Just now, DMLeazesender said:

Worth noting there was only one EH/new regime signing today, it's going to take time to ship out the crap but the quality of signings going forward gives us cause for optimism.

It's why I'm sticking with him. 

Guest neesy111
5 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

I do not in any way want Howe out, but we can’t say “yeah but the squad is shit” when we were hammering Bruce for not getting results 

Aye, the hypocrisy from a few is ridiculous.

Bruce = shit coach, should be getting more out of the squad.

Howe = squad is completely shit and needs replacing, not on him to get better results with same players.

Can't have it both ways.

Edited by neesy111

6 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

I do not in any way want Howe out, but we can’t say “yeah but the squad is shit” when we were hammering Bruce for not getting results 

True to an extent, although a lot of the deficiencies in the squad were, and still are, of Bruce's making. 

1 minute ago, neesy111 said:

Bruce = shit coach, should be getting more out of the squad.

Howe = squad is completely shit and needs replacing, not on him to get better results with same players.

Can't have it both ways.

Totally agree. Howe seems to get a very easy ride, particularly with his post match quotes, in comparison to Bruce.

You have to judge them equally.

Just now, neesy111 said:

Bruce = shit coach should be getting more out of the squad.

Howe = squad is completely shit and needs replacing.

Both things of those things can be true and are true.

Guest neesy111
Just now, Minhosa said:

Totally agree. Howe seems to get a very easy ride, particularly with his post match quotes, in comparison to Bruce.

I'll give him more time etc to improve things but to completely blank him from any criticism is wrong. 

Just now, Minhosa said:

I'll judge him properly when he's got his own players in. The only way you can get results with this lot has been park the bus, and even that stopped working once the defenders started creaking due to age. 

Bruce's answer was pay £20m for Willock and get Hamza Choudhury on loan. 

5 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Was about to post the same. Before Howe, it was “this is a mid table side that is being Bruce’d”. Now all of a sudden the narrative has shifted to the players being shit.

Before anyone has a go, I despised Bruce and still hope it works out for Howe but you can’t gloss over the fact that we haven’t looked very convincing for the majority of his tenure here so far.

Just now, neesy111 said:

I'll give him more time etc to improve things but to completely blank him from any criticism is wrong. 

Yeah same but I see very little discernable improvements since his appointment.

Overall, he's been underwhelming imho.

7 minutes ago, Dublin1974 said:

Hi.first post, had  big worries about  howe, I think we are in bigger  trouble than we think , he's absolutely  lifeless on the touchline, 

I knew we were in trouble when at the Liverpool  game we were getting  nothing  from ref  , remember  2 players on the ground he stood there no emotion,  can u imagine klopp  doin that ???

Just now, ManDoon said:

Yeah but the argument being made when Bruce was here was this squad was capable of finishing mid table and genuinely remember “literally anyone could do a better job” 

I don't think the squad is as bad as everyone makes out tbh. Certainly capable of survival before the new owners go and throw £100m at it. If we go down now, after huge spend, it's just as much on Howe as Bruce for me tbh.

2 minutes ago, Minhosa said:

Have we? All I've seen is the upturn in Joelinton which is, in some way, offset by the massive downturn in ASM.

Other than one stinker against Leicester, yes. The defence is playing better as a collective, fitness is improving and we actually go after teams.

Generally speaking, performances have improved week on week. The side that drew with Man United was far better coached than the one that drew with Brentford.

1 minute ago, Dublin1974 said:

I knew we were in trouble when at the Liverpool  game we were getting  nothing  from ref  , remember  2 players on the ground he stood there no emotion,  can u imagine klopp  doin that ???

I wonder if Klopp talks to himself ? 

9 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Howe isn't that type of manager. He's been brought in as part of a long term project IMO. A relegation and rebuild under Howe would bear more fruit than survival under a quick fix manager with no long term plan. 

Long term project, that phrase makes me nervous 

Just now, Minhosa said:

Context is everything, especially after the takeover, yet always gets ignored for some bizarre reason. People used to say the same about Rafa, that he should only be judged on what he was doing at Newcastle. Nonsense, Rafa got leeway because he'd been a very successful manager for years, Steve Bruce got a hard time straight away because we had 20 years of watching him being a shit football manager. Eddie Howe will get a good chance because we saw what he achieved with Bournemouth and what he's trying to do here.

Deliberately ignoring the wider context and keeping the blinkers only on their time at Newcastle is deliberate ignorance surely.