Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Just now, The College Dropout said:

With Howe I’ve always thought he really only has a Plan A and his plan B is doing Plan A better. I think he’s been done tactically 3 games in a row and he hasn’t responded in the match or in the following matches.  If he’s going to take us to the top he’s going to need to be able to switch things up. 

I like him. I want us to give him lots of time. But I think I can see the limitations of his current ability. 

Quoted to so new pages can see. 

3 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

So why did we not sign the players to eradicate that issue, which was highly noticeable last year in certain games.

Maybe because PIF's targets are 4-5 years on?

We are not ready to compete with the big boys every year. Just look at our squad. We have a revenue and wage bill something like half what Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs etc have.

Of course we will be right at the top and stay there, but not just yet. We vastly overperformed last year.

1 minute ago, Armchair Pundit said:

The players look like they're not playing for each other

Part of what made us great last season that hasn't quite come out so far this season. The Trippier/Longstaff/Almiron bond needs to be replicated/improved with Tonali. Joelinton protecting Bruno/Willock/Burn like a rabid rottweiler with separation anxiety has also been missing. 

Would like to see Brunos heat map so far this season compared to last before his ankle injury too. It feels like hes much less free to roam. Whether that's down to instruction, his own form, not having the confidence in Joelinton to cover for him or not being familiar enough with Tonali I don't know. He hasn't been poor this season, but we know he can be a lot better and we need someone with his movement and vision to make himself available for the pass in our opposition half of the pitch as much as in our own.

5 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I love him and he's brilliant. He'll sort it out, no question 

I agree but I’d like to see him making immediate changes for the Brentford game. Would be nice to see him reacting quickly to the issues we’ve seen with our team lacking energy, drive etc. Gordon has been great this season so far, Isak has looked good aside from some snatched finishing. However, the midfield generally has been overran in every game apart from Villa. Will be interesting to see what he does next 

17 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Aye, the calls for DMs now seem a bit weird considering we were very successful without a true DM last season.

It may well be that the balance of the midfield three is off. Team are finding it too easy to isolate Bruno.