Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

25 minutes ago, Bellis80 said:

I don’t think we’re in a bad run but we have no idea about any of that. Anyone other than the owners saying he isn’t under pressure means nothing.

Have I read that wrong, wouldn't be a first like, but are you suggesting the owners should make a statement or something? 

I think it's just shit stirring added to by a very very small minority of NUFC supporting doylems. 

Amanda, Eddie et al just need to ignore and carry on. 

28 minutes ago, Bellis80 said:

I don’t think we’re in a bad run but we have no idea about any of that. Anyone other than the owners saying he isn’t under pressure means nothing.

If Howe is under pressure right now, no manager has ever got a chance. We might as well not bother. :lol:

11 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Howe would be under pressure if the injuries were down to him and the results suffer like. I'd be surprised if 10-11 players out is down to him. 

He has played several players who were carrying injuries, even before the injury list got to the point it is now, and he hasn't really shown that he can manage and rotate a squad competing in 4 competitions.

That being said, this media driven "pressure" stuff are just fairytales amplified on here during a slow news week. Besides Pep he is probably the safest manager in the league right now, and rightly so. He's not infallible but he's pretty fucking close to being it :lol:

45 minutes ago, Conjo said:

He has played several players who were carrying injuries, even before the injury list got to the point it is now, and he hasn't really shown that he can manage and rotate a squad competing in 4 competitions.

Don't see any evidence of that and, besides, we've only featured in three so far. In the League Cup he made ten changes and then eight changes from the prior PL games, and we deservedly won them both. Meanwhile, in PL matches which have followed CL ones, he's tried to rotate Isak and Wilson and he's given minutes to the likes of Murphy and Anderson. In terms of relieving key players in non-cup games, the only real argument is Livramento for Trippier, but the latter has had an incredible season up until the last couple of games. 

5 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Don't see any evidence of that and, besides, we've only featured in three so far. In the League Cup he made ten changes and then eight changes from the prior PL games, and we deservedly won them both. Meanwhile, in PL matches which have followed CL ones, he's tried to rotate Isak and Wilson and he's given minutes to the likes of Murphy and Anderson. In terms of relieving key players in non-cup games, the only real argument is Livramento for Trippier, but the latter has had an incredible season up until the last couple of games. 

I know he's a couple of years older but his body is used to this, and going off with England. Burn was playing most matches and had no injuries until a freak one from a bad landing which would have happened whether he's played 2 or 22 games.

19 hours ago, Interpolic said:

Think Staveley at least is acutely aware how lucky we struck it with Eddie though and would fight his corner even if we're in a really bad spot. We're massively on to a good thing here and hopefully we'll not do anything to compromise that. 

Think this is the main takeaway I got from the Netflix PR piece. Most of it was super scripted but the way she referred to Eddie all the time felt natural. She clearly has a massive amount of respect for him. 

6 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Aye, Conjo's talking out of his banjo there, tbf 

The bedwetting/social media morons are no doubt losing their shit currently at the first sign of a rough match. Is Eddie the man? Need an entirely new medical staff? Blah blah blah 😂

Success was always going to bring out the unrealistic divvies who would crumble at the first rough patch. We were always going to struggle (struggle has included beating PSG 4-1, beating City at home, Man U away in the cup and recently beating the Arse at home) at some point and this season managing the games and their intensity. Injuries we always a greater risk this season but we’ve just been very unlucky too. 

To even discuss whether Howe is under press (not necessarily on this forum) is absolutely absurd.

7 minutes ago, wormy said:

Although with the traction it's getting.. Maybe questions do need to be asked? 

What questions do you want to ask? Eddie has transformed us in the same way KK did and the same way SBR did. No questions to ask this season imo. 

My favourite quote from Arthur Hopcraft's 'The Football Man' - 'Past success is only briefly a glad memory - it quickly becomes an accusing finger'.

Obviously it's ridiculous for anyone now to question Eddie's position and ability, but he has raised expectations by his own success, and that does carry dangers for him. I don't doubt that the vast majority of supporters will continue to have faith. If I have a worry, it's more to do with the owners. I hope they appreciate the scale of his triumph over the odds, but that's an unknown factor for me. Our players are continuing to over-achieve in a staggering manner, but do they see it in quite the same way?

The media loves to blow up any hint of crisis and conflict. That applies to all aspects of the news. 'Things are going well' does not sell newspapers.

2 minutes ago, BonesJones said:

I feel sick each time I open this thread atm.

Thankfully I'm of the opinion Amanda, Mehrdad and Reuben have their heads screwed on.

Well they are all tories, who have a propensity for picking one dud leader after another, so maybees incoming

21 hours ago, Bellis80 said:

Is no way any normal person would sack him but we have no idea yet how the owners will react to a bad run.

We kind of do though - they've backed him at pretty much every available opportunity to do so. I imagine they'll do it again in January by buying more players for him.