Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Eddie is without doubt the man for this club with its owners modus operandi of a slow build to the top 6. Our performance last season has led to a false dawn and that has fucked up the heads of the “I want it all, now” types on here. 
A quick look at the table has us 7th, above manu and Chelski. Something almost unimaginable just a couple of seasons ago.

We are still on trajectory and the right man is still in charge.  Merry Christmas. 

11 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

Not from when Emery got the job, to be fair. 

Emery is the more accomplished and experienced manager at the top level for sure but for one reason or another didn't come here in the end and I don't think Villa will be willing to let him go anytime soon.

Even at the point if/when this club decides to replace Howe next year (if that happens). I hope it doesn't come to that because like the majority of people I hope this is all a lesson learnt for Eddie and I hope he is the one to continue his good work so far and improve on it.

Edited by Amir_9

If we have a bad January and lose to the mackems I can see a substantial section of the fanbase turning against Howe. It would be a real shame for it to happen but football fans are fickle. Given how difficult January looks we have to beat Forest in a few days, a bad result there will only make it way worse. 

Emery is great, but he'd struggle with our squad, injuries, and fixture congestion. Anyone would tbh.

Silly to compare them when our European games were against Mbappe and co, and they're playing a bunch of Polish painter-decorators. 

6 minutes ago, WideopenMag said:

Lose the derby and will be an awful cloud of negativity mind. Needing a win against Forest on boxing day for sure cos can't see Liverpool away going well.

Losing the derby would be massive thing like. People will be in for a shock with the reaction from fans if that happens (not just on here). Especially if that’s off the back with poor results against Forest and Liverpool.

16 minutes ago, RS said:

Eddie is without doubt the man for this club with its owners modus operandi of a slow build to the top 6. Our performance last season has led to a false dawn and that has fucked up the heads of the “I want it all, now” types on here. 
A quick look at the table has us 7th, above manu and Chelski. Something almost unimaginable just a couple of seasons ago.

We are still on trajectory and the right man is still in charge.  Merry Christmas. 

Pretty much this, and especially the part in bold. 

21 minutes ago, RS said:

Think that's a load of bollocks, out of Europe, outside the top 4 people have been more than reasonable and understanding on the whole.  Minging performances against Bournemouth,Everton, Luton and the performances are called out.

Edited by WideopenMag

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but I'd like to think that a fully fit squad wouldn't have been so absolutely fucking abject in getting a result against fucking Luton.

The reality is that we've not really shown any flexibility in our approach which was, in likelihood, necessary in light of:

A. The dogshit luck we've had in terms of injuries

B. The fact that Chelsea, Spurs and Villa would invest and be stronger this year

C. Our style of play would have been on the radar of video analysts throughout the league

No nufc manager should be losing to the mackems, especially when they are a division below and in a crisis of their own. It would be one of the most embarrassing moments in the 40 odd years supporting the club. He loses that, he's done here. I don't see how he comes back from that. I'd personally never forgive him, liken any manager who has done so before him. 

Not arsed about today, or forest and certainly Liverpool. I wasn't much fussed on Chelsea either. I'm not expecting us to win atm. All the life has been sucked out of us. I'm fatigued talking about their fatigue. Personally think there's a lot of excuses being made for him and the team atm. No excuses will be enough if he loses to sunderland. Win or draw that then I'm happy to write this season off, finish too ten and grt some serious investment in the next few windows. This time, maybe spread out the funds instead of lumping it all on 3 players. We need a squad.

Too early to consider sacking him, but I’m afraid his intense style both have been ‘found out’, and has led to so many injuries and fatigue in the squad. 

We are clearly short in numbers to compete on ‘all fronts’, but we also can’t go out spending too much because of the ridiculous FFP rules. 

The performances and results in the last four away games have been poor, that said there's plenty of mitigation as to why they've come about. 

I have no doubt we'll learn from this period and improve, but as previously stated it might get worse before it gets better.

13 minutes ago, Decky said:

If we have a bad January and lose to the mackems I can see a substantial section of the fanbase turning against Howe. It would be a real shame for it to happen but football fans are fickle. Given how difficult January looks we have to beat Forest in a few days, a bad result there will only make it way worse. 

I think if we lose to the Mackems the pitch forks will be out.

9 minutes ago, WideopenMag said:

Think that's a load of bollocks, out of Europe, outside the top 4 people have been more than reasonable and understanding on the whole.  Minging performances against Bournemouth,Everton, Luton and the performances are called out.

Bad games against Luton, Everton and Bournemouth, but trashed Arsenal, ManU and Chelsea at home, and should have won Liverpool.

Our away form is horrible this year. I think our defence will start to keep clean sheets now that Botman is back. But we need bodies back to midfield and upfront also.