Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

2 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Yasir’s number 1 choice was Howe, I think people do PIF a disservice thinking that they’ll be itching to pull the trigger without an improvement soon.

I get the impression they’re very clued and will privately acknowledge that this season was a difficult ask to start with and that’s before the injuries and Tonali.

I said at the time the Tonali ban was disastrous and so it’s proved, he was our blue chip signing to help us bridge the gap this season. 

So many things have conspired against us this season, we all owe it to Howe to back him to the hilt for the remainder of this season.

If Howe got the bullet it would leave a massive sour taste, we all want him to be the one to end the trophy doubt it would be a beautiful thing.

Newcastle United will never be defeated, keep the faith and back Howe to the hilt would be my advice to everyone.

Everything you said is pretty much spot on apart from EH being Yassirs first choice. There's not a chance in hell he was. Despite the widely reported first choice being Emery there's very little chance AR had even heard of Howe before someone from over here put his name forward. And let's not try to pretend that most weren't more than a little disappointed when EH was named after chasing Emery for so long

6 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

There could well be something more to it, but the injuries and subsequent fatigue the squad are suffering from is a large mitigating factor. For example yesterday Gordon and Almiron were absolutely blowing, but there was no one we could replace them with.

I'd say Howe has shown over the last season or two, he's one of the best coaches in the league.

tino and hall

18 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Absolutely nothing so far since the takeover suggests PIF are going to be ruthless, itchy trigger finger types. Everything so far suggests the opposite in fact. (Rightly so)

PIF ruthless fanfic.  They want PIF to be ruthless.  

Edited by The College Dropout

I don't see anyone better than Howe wanting to come here and do as good as him. I said it a few weeks a go, this is the biggest test of his time here and he has contributed to the state we find ourselves in, but I don't want him gone. He's also been the reason why we are where we are in all things good. That's not lost at all. I want him to turn it around and get something out of this season. Mind, that's out the window if he loses the derby. Don't care what anyone says, it's unforgivable. He and the club need to understand that. It cannot be tolerated, but the club have as much to say in that with some additional early bodies. Just to know we have some there means those who play can give that extra % and get a result.

It's so bad right now a result is a draw. So sad where we find ourselves. It's an unbelievable position we find ourselves in. Before anyone starts, if you don't care we lose the derby, that's on you, not me. Play it down as much as you like. It won't take the sting and pain away if we lose another one, especially since they can't even get back in the prem for 7 years. You're fooling no one. 

12 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Tino was rested and has Hall ever played left wing? Got no idea on the latter.

left footed midfielder.

just to give gordon a rest. couldnt have done any worse than gordon who was knackad.

3 minutes ago, huss9 said:

left footed midfielder.

just to give gordon a rest. couldnt have done any worse than gordon who was knackad.

Gordon has some sweet crosses Saturday. That said, he looks completely fatigued.

We’re seeing the accumulation of months of injuries, lack of options and playing players who aren’t 100% fit.

It becomes debilitating and affects the starting 11. Let’s get enough players available to be able to

have options and see where we are. I can’t remember any side having an injury list comparable to ours.

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

There could well be something more to it, but the injuries and subsequent fatigue the squad are suffering from is a large mitigating factor. For example yesterday Gordon and Almiron were absolutely blowing, but there was no one we could replace them with.

I'd say Howe has shown over the last season or two, he's one of the best coaches in the league.

Howe has been incredible but if you’ve got players that can barley run you have to replace them even if it’s just fresh legs and not someone who is going to influence the game or allow sone tactical pivot. My only criticism of Howe is he’s run these players into the ground. Gordon played nearly 100 mins and Almiron over 80, both possibly carrying knocks/already fatigued. He lost the game anyway and has to go again in 2 days. 

Way too much emphasis being put on the derby game imo. It's the most important game their sad little club will have for years, it's not even the most important game we've had this season.

Lot of catastrophising in here, it's been a rough month for sure, but we're still in a good place and are more than capable of reversing our momentum next year with the guy we've got at the helm.

2 hours ago, Dokko said:

I don't see anyone better than Howe wanting to come here and do as good as him. I said it a few weeks a go, this is the biggest test of his time here and he has contributed to the state we find ourselves in, but I don't want him gone. He's also been the reason why we are where we are in all things good. That's not lost at all. I want him to turn it around and get something out of this season. Mind, that's out the window if he loses the derby. Don't care what anyone says, it's unforgivable. He and the club need to understand that. It cannot be tolerated, but the club have as much to say in that with some additional early bodies. Just to know we have some there means those who play can give that extra % and get a result.

It's so bad right now a result is a draw. So sad where we find ourselves. It's an unbelievable position we find ourselves in. Before anyone starts, if you don't care we lose the derby, that's on you, not me. Play it down as much as you like. It won't take the sting and pain away if we lose another one, especially since they can't even get back in the prem for 7 years. You're fooling no one. 

One more bad result and I fear that we are going back to the Dokko of two years ago.

1 hour ago, LiquidAK said:

Way too much emphasis being put on the derby game imo. It's the most important game their sad little club will have for years, it's not even the most important game we've had this season.

Lot of catastrophising in here, it's been a rough month for sure, but we're still in a good place and are more than capable of reversing our momentum next year with the guy we've got at the helm.

Nah there's a LOT of lesser involved fans who will absolutely crack the shits if we lose to the mackems like. 

4 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

Yasir’s number 1 choice was Howe, I think people do PIF a disservice thinking that they’ll be itching to pull the trigger without an improvement soon.

I get the impression they’re very clued and will privately acknowledge that this season was a difficult ask to start with and that’s before the injuries and Tonali.

I said at the time the Tonali ban was disastrous and so it’s proved, he was our blue chip signing to help us bridge the gap this season. 

So many things have conspired against us this season, we all owe it to Howe to back him to the hilt for the remainder of this season.

If Howe got the bullet it would leave a massive sour taste, we all want him to be the one to end the trophy drought it would be a beautiful thing.

Newcastle United will never be defeated, keep the faith and back Howe to the hilt would be my advice to everyone.

Brilliant words.

4 hours ago, gjohnson said:

Everything you said is pretty much spot on apart from EH being Yassirs first choice. There's not a chance in hell he was. Despite the widely reported first choice being Emery there's very little chance AR had even heard of Howe before someone from over here put his name forward. And let's not try to pretend that most weren't more than a little disappointed when EH was named after chasing Emery for so long

Couldn't disagree more.

2 hours ago, Novocastrian said:

Howe has been incredible but if you’ve got players that can barley run you have to replace them even if it’s just fresh legs and not someone who is going to influence the game or allow sone tactical pivot. My only criticism of Howe is he’s run these players into the ground. Gordon played nearly 100 mins and Almiron over 80, both possibly carrying knocks/already fatigued. He lost the game anyway and has to go again in 2 days. 

Gordon has started all 9 games since the break, and has played 721 minutes in 28 days (4 weeks exactly).. This means an average of 180 min per week for 4 weeks straight. This doesn't even include the stoppage time. It's kind of crazy.

Edited by Erikse

11 hours ago, gjohnson said:

It was Staveley who said Howe was Al-Rumayyan‘s choice.  Hers was Emery.

This was after the interviews, so what Al-Rumayyan knew about Howe beforehand I’ve no idea.  Very little would be my guess 

Edited by TheBrownBottle

2 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

It was Staveley who said Howe was Al-Rumayyan‘s choice.  Hers was Emery.

This was after the interviews, so what Al-Rumayyan knew about Howe beforehand I’ve no idea.  Very little would be my guess 

Exactly....we didn't know much about howe before he came here....so there's basically no chance AR had even heard of him

Would it have been better to rest a few players no matter how much it might have weakened us in a couple of games? I think so. At least it would have meant that these players would be more fresh long term and able to compete close to their ability. Fatique affects us and the players no doubt, but it’s more of a mentality thing imo.