Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Just now, Wandy said:

The scoreline was completely skewed by our two goals which came from nothing. If we'd lost by 5 or 6 nobody would have blinked. We were nothing less than a disgrace tonight.

If you think we were a 'disgrace' then you don't understand football and you're incredibly entitled to boot. Those individuals representing the club tonight don't owe you a fucking thing, just FYI.

As long as he doesn’t sign another shite hybrid 8 he’ll have my backing.

Someone with legs to sit or interchange with Bruno and CB that can run are priority signings IMO. 

Not being able to making any meaningful subs right now is killing us. And it’s not talked about enough outside of the club. 

Just now, Dokko said:

It's taken to get to 7 losses out of 8 for some to accept Howe can be criticised. It's too late now. Signs were there and we're now fully in the soup. That's what some have issue with. They've been fully dismissed and are still being called mental for being right to have had concerns. I couldn't even say going into the Xmas period this was a 'test' without being jumped on. A fucking test. Turned into a lot more than that, didnt it?

I've never changed my tune. A loss to sunderland is unacceptable. Everything else before and after I couldn't care less. Happy to write this season off and learn lessons across the board. He needs to be willing to learn though, and nothing I've seen in the last month screams flexibility, tactical knowledge, squad management or innovation. It's like another manager is inside of him. All of what we've loved about him has gone on vacation. He's even digging out players. Wtf? This is not him. I don't know what else to say really. Unfortunately you can't rest a manager. 

What players has he dug out ?

8 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

Sorry I need to step in because this is anti-factual dribble. Bournemouth was our worst injury hit game, Dortmund we had loads out both legs. Milan was a good point for a team most of whose players have never played at that level in that kind of atmosphere. Brighton away was poor and wolves away was disappointing but they played well!

Fair enough the Bournemouth game we had injuries, but the team we had out was more than good enough to do a job against them like. The only other team they had beaten to that point was Burnley. 

The other games (Milan, Brighton, Wolves) are subjective, but we were backs to the wall in two of them and the wolves game turned on its head when their best player went off, before that we were under the cosh too. 

The point is, Shef United aside we have obviously been unconvincing away from home. We have 5 points on the road and have conceded 20+ goals, it's not some outlandish statement and not all of this can be attributed to the injury crisis given that the home form hasn't mirrored it. 

Just now, Yorkie said:

If you think we were a 'disgrace' then you don't understand football and you're incredibly entitled to boot. Those individuals representing the club tonight don't owe you a fucking thing, just FYI.

Shut up you moron. [emoji38]

6 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: no we weren't. 

We had a decent couple of spells but I’m not really sure how anyone could be remotely satisfied by the overall performance. Another day they score 8.

31 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

The main issue he has is that he massively overachieved last season. Genuinely think that’s where the reactions and pressure is coming from. Ridiculous really.

If not for last season, most on here would have turned on him. Losing 6 out of 7 is awful. Roy Hodgson is under pressure at Palace for similar. 

1 minute ago, Dokko said:

It's taken to get to 7 losses out of 8 for some to accept Howe can be criticised. It's too late now. Signs were there and we're now fully in the soup. That's what some have issue with. They've been fully dismissed and are still being called mental for being right to have had concerns. I couldn't even say going into the Xmas period this was a 'test' without being jumped on. A fucking test. Turned into a lot more than that, didnt it?

I've never changed my tune. A loss to sunderland is unacceptable. Everything else before and after I couldn't care less. Happy to write this season off and learn lessons across the board. He needs to be willing to learn though, and nothing I've seen in the last month screams flexibility, tactical knowledge, squad management or innovation. It's like another manager is inside of him. All of what we've loved about him has gone on vacation. He's even digging out players. Wtf? This is not him. I don't know what else to say really. Unfortunately you can't rest a manager. 

In the soup?  That soup being an upper mid table finish with the possibility of Europe

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

(1) made a proper attempt to keep our players fit and fresh. Use the entire squad just for that purpose. Even if it meant playing Matt Ritchie and co. two or three games straight to give key players much needed rest. 
(2) change the midfield balance so we aren’t so easy to play through. Whether that’s having someone sit or playing a midfield 4 with 2 sitters. 

1) Other than Sheffield United, when has he had the opportunity to do this and not taken it?

2) With Tonali banned, Willock, Longstaff and Joelinton in and out of the side due to injury, along with general fatigue in thr ranks. I'm not really sure how a midfield four helps.

Just now, madras said:

Do you think that happens tonight with fit players ? 

They’ve had six days rest.  We’re not short of that many starters - Pope (which has less meaning when Dubravka was MOTM), Trippier and Tonali are the only players missing who I’d say would be first choice.

Obviously, the lack of options from the bench means that we tire quicker as the game wears on.  But that starting XI wasn’t exactly a million miles from our first choice XI. 

We don’t demand a team that wins, we demand a team that tries. Over the past few weeks it hasn’t been good enough. We are out there and can’t string 2 passes together.

Huge gaps between midfield and defence has cost us in the past few games. Pressing like mad on the counter and then it all breaks down.

Theres no continuity and a lot of players are low on confidence, Miggy, Trippier, Gordon, Isak (only got to look at his body language tonight, yes he scored but couldn’t be arsed to move to close down)

Massive game on Saturday now, must win in my eyes otherwise questions and the inevitable will come.

Maybe finishing as high as we did last season has had a huge impact on the average team which we have this season. I wouldn’t say we over achieved last season, we deserved that finish as we looked a solid unit.

Edited by Dava1892

3 minutes ago, Dokko said:

This is the bit I continue to disagree with you on. It's just not that bad. We massively overachieved last season, we're underachieving this season but for fairly clear reasons. You can and will be disagreed with when people disagree with you mate. I don't know where this sense of vindication has come from when the issues that have led us here are still present.

Edited by LiquidAK
"this" to "last"

1 minute ago, Andy said:

Fair enough the Bournemouth game we had injuries, but the team we had out was more than good enough to do a job against them like. The only other team they had beaten to that point was Burnley. 

The other games (Milan, Brighton, Wolves) are subjective, but we were backs to the wall in two of them and the wolves game turned on its head when their best player went off, before that we were under the cosh too. 

The point is, Shef United aside we have obviously been unconvincing away from home. We have 5 points on the road and have conceded 20+ goals, it's not some outlandish statement and not all of this can be attributed to the injury crisis given that the home form hasn't mirrored it. 

We were awful against Wolves. For about 30 minutes Wolves looked like Liverpool of today against us. 

1 minute ago, Wandy said:

Shut up you moron. [emoji38]

Sorry to hear that some of the finest people to have adorned the badge in my lifetime have ruined your night, like. String em up, the gutless wanks.

After the amount of games we have had and the injuries and fatigue etc, 6 days is nowhere near enough to recover btw. Obviously that isn’t the only reason we are struggling mind.

5 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

(1) made a proper attempt to keep our players fit and fresh. Use the entire squad just for that purpose. Even if it meant playing Matt Ritchie and co. two or three games straight to give key players much needed rest. 

This is the major criticism that I completely get, and it lines up with what @WillDanceForChocolate has said previously I think, basically that he struggles to change things.

To anybody wanting to put pressure on though, it's madness. Things will get back to normal eventually, we're not going to get relegated, push for the top4 again next year.

5 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: no we weren't. 

We… really were though? Honestly it’s remarkable we didn’t concede 7+ goals, there was no point in the game where we looked in control defensively, and we really didn’t offer any consistent threat at the other end of the pitch either.

We defended atrociously and were really, really poor when we did have the ball for more or less the whole game. 

2 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

If not for last season, most on here would have turned on him. Losing 6 out of 7 is awful. Roy Hodgson is under pressure at Palace for similar. 

I agree, it is a point that missed.  Last season has raised expectations, but it’s also bought Howe credit and time.  I also doubt that the same patience would exist for a similar run if last season was just ok.

Howe though did have last season, proving that he can do it - so I’m happy for him to get that time. 

If you're playing against a team who press as well as Liverpool you need to be both extra sharp on the ball and have lots of movements off it which takes energy and effort. If your energy levels are down then you just won't get through those types of games, which we're finding out now.

We can all agree our midfield had a poor game and have been poor for a while - great - so who comes to replace those who aren't performing at the right level? It was the hallmark of Howe's selctions last year and something referenced numerous times by players such as Willock and Longstaff - you had to keep performing otherwise you'd be swiftly replaced. 

We just do not have that option and haven't had that option for a while. For the past 2 months if you've played poorly, you're still likely to get 90 mins. No manager and team can operate at a high level with that kind of handicap. Ridiculous to assume otherwise. 

Edited by Thumbheed

2 minutes ago, Dava1892 said:

Isak (only got to look at his body language tonight, yes he scored but couldn’t be arsed to move to close down)

What do the radgies have against Isak? It’s bloody weird and definitely a thing at the game too. Do you prefer Wilson’s manly tattoos or what?

I can't see how anyone watched that and thought "aye not bad"

We were poor, and even with a penalty save I genuinely think the score flattered us.

It will be interesting what Howe does next few weeks, some of our most reliable players are starting to look a bit jaded lately also. 

Edited by Menace