Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

There’s a major issue happening when teams press us. We cannot move the ball round cleanly, we rarely have a man free. Obviously, Liverpool are a very good team but the amount of times this season we’ve struggled to move the ball between players when under pressure has been extremely poor. We either get tackled off the ball or we just play a hopeless pass forwards and invite pressure. 

That’s my main concern about how we’re playing. Think it’s been magnified by the fact we’ve played so many tough games because of Europe but we look scared with the ball too often

1 minute ago, Ikon said:

Agree. But I really don’t se many at all calling for his head??? 

Nobody is calling for his head. A few on here are desperate to be seen as super-fans when it comes down to the manager though. Right now though, the simple fact is that the manager is doing a rubbish job. That means he will deservedly be feeling the pressure, nothing more than that.

2 minutes ago, dcmk said:

Yes you have said this ad nauseam last week. Don't need to rehash it,  we played Liverpool away and lost, no one expected us to do anything.

A decent performance would’ve been welcome. Something to build on. 

I think we had an Xg against of 7+. The highest recorded in the PL since they’ve collected the data. Should we be that bad?

Another shambolic display away from home. Didn't he say we should see a clear difference now we've had time to train? If anything it was worse.

Lose the derby and it'll get ugly. Play shit again if you want but just do not lose that game.

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

There's three, heavily implying it or sharpening the knives for a kick off.

In trouble means ferocious criticism coming his way. Nothing to do with his job being under immediate threat. 

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

I wish people would stop saying fuck off ffp and just spend.

I just laugh every time I read it.

Then when we get a points reduction - "oh ffs how can the board let this happen"

People can jog on if you are going to have a go at Eddie - just look at our squad man.  He's been overachieving the past 18 months - we've still a core of players from the Championship.  You can't seriously think we could go toe to toe with Liverpool? 

1 minute ago, Pilko said:

Another shambolic display away from home. Didn't he say we should see a clear difference now we've had time to train? If anything it was worse.

Lose the derby and it'll get ugly. Play shit again if you want but just do not lose that game.

Does 6 days of which most will have been recovery class as time to train ?

The expected goals whilst bad isn't quite as bad as it looks. 

The penalty in the first half will have counted for like 1.5 because of the follow-up (obv you can't score more than once but xG strangely doesn't take this into account) and there was a bit where they had a flurry despite being offside and the flag not going up and us getting the ball at the end of it. 

It's still bad like, but not quite worst of all time bad. 

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

There's three, heavily implying it or sharpening the knives for a kick off.

Not at all mate. It's reality - whether that's framed in the context of results or expectations.

8 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Aye. 

The midfield setup doesn’t work. The current midfield 3 are too slow / lack athleticism to play the way they’ve been asked to play. 

Bruno pressing the oppo’s 6 and leaving massive gaps behind him. Why do we keep doing that? If teams can beak our first line of press there’s massive gaps - why?

Do you think management are unable to pick up on this themselves? Or do you think it’s a matter of having limited personnel to pick from? You can argue we change the formation, but changing formation mid season during a massive injury crisis/bad form could easily leave us far worse off. 

Edited by Nine

Cannot comprehend this How Could We Possibly Compete With Liverpool.  We competed with AC, PSG, Manchester City, Manchester United this season already with some proper second rate players :)

I'm nowhere near giving up on the lad but the overreactions to the mildest of criticism are insane :lol: