Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

4 hours ago, Ketsbaia said:

The goodwill has almost gone.

Honestly, the guy is going off the rails with his decisions and loyalties. I know the injuries are a factor but only up to a point.

I'd be very disappointed if the higher-ups aren't at looking keeping a pulse on the managerial market. Because I'm not sure we get far beyond the summer with Howe.

I’d respect your opinion more if you decided it was all the hoarding’s fault, stripped naked and kicked the fuck out of it. 

35 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

We’re over performing our attacking Xg over the last 6.   Suggesting we’ve had quality finishers.  Suggesting we are scoring due to the quality of finish rather than the quality of chances/ attacking play.  

Certainly against Forest we were clinical and they wasted chances.   

Nothing in the Xg data against opponents suggests if we carry on as we are results will improve.   We’ve already got more than we probably deserve. 

That shows xG is a pile, like. It was just over 0.5 at Forest, yet Bruno's first goal scored was a tidy finish but it was a pretty simple goal in terms of the cross to far post and finish unopposed, Schar's was an unmarked shot from inside the box, while the third goal came from Howe's hallmark which was the high press with Bruno winning the ball in their third and scoring. 

35 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I think this is exactly it.  Get to the summer, and get to the drawing board (not as in ‘rip it up and throw it out’, but as in review and reflect).  I think Howe should be fully supported this season - if everything is the same this time next year, then my opinion would be that thoughts probably should harden. 

Absolutely.

I don't think it takes a tactical genius to see that without Joelinton we have a massive weakness down that left hand side. Dan Burn hasn't suddenly gotten slower, he has always been this player, he has always had Joelinton, sometimes even Joelinton and Willock, in front of him.

We miss Joelinton massively. We will look better on that side when Willock is back. He isn't quite as much of a unit, but he is probably an even better athlete that Joelinton. He doesn't have the talismanic qualities of Joelinton. But I think the other thing him being out has highlighted is that few in the side do.

The crowd purr at sexy Bruno shit, they roar/come alive for Joelinton harassing or clattering someone. He will never be Bruno, Isak, Trippier or even Schar technically, but in a time when almost every is being quantified somehow, Joelinton is that player who just is the heartbeat of the team. I have had a few, so I'm probably being over sentimental, but to cut a long story short, give the big bastard whatever contract he wants. 

1 hour ago, Heron said:

Love him, but he needs to 'reflect'

You know he will though. This isn’t someone like Bruce who doesn’t believe in tactics and will take Monday off because we didn’t lose. No matter what you think of Howe nobody can accuse him of not putting in the work. There’s no doubt in my mind that every decision is meticulously thought out even if I don’t agree with it

Key summer for Howe but even the top managers are only as good as their recruitment, needs to be backed to bring in 4 first team players and most importantly needs to nail it this summer and actually improve the starting 11.

9 minutes ago, NE28 said:

You know he will though. This isn’t someone like Bruce who doesn’t believe in tactics and will take Monday off because we didn’t lose. No matter what you think of Howe nobody can accuse him of not putting in the work. There’s no doubt in my mind that every decision is meticulously thought out even if I don’t agree with it

Exactly, and this is why I'll love him. I don't think things are all his fault either. He's being hamstrung by FFP.

6 minutes ago, Heron said:

Exactly, and this is why I'll love him. I don't think things are all his fault either. He's being hamstrung by FFP.

FFP and injuries. 

Hate to say it but he looks fucking knackered. Probably wearing on his face how we feel inside, so many ups and downs this season often in the same game. Agree with the points about Joelinton and Willock exposing Burn's weaknesses, that side of the pitch has been our biggest weapon but it's also now our weakest area. Hopefully we can get through the rest of the season without too many "fucking hell" results and rebuild because although the optimist in me thinks we're still 7th, we can't go on shipping goals like this or there's going to be some horror show results. 

I don’t know why Eddie Howe is getting all the hate for how this season is going, when we all know what is really responsible…

IMG_0710.thumb.jpeg.f600e41b8e136f4bc35c5c097b520803.jpeg

:troll:

Edited by Playmaker

3 hours ago, Bally21 said:

If and its a big IF Eddie gets chopped ..... what's your angle on who is next.. come on then????

Someone like Xavi Hernandez, he will have big contacts in the game, possession focussed manager.

With the players we have out there we are underperforming. Can't lay that at anyone other than Howe and his staff. We’re back to playing 1 game a week so fatigue shouldn’t be a factor anymore.

Our failings are purely tactical and in his choosing of personnel. It’s a huge concern going forward.

2 hours ago, BrianSwan said:

Someone like Xavi Hernandez, he will have big contacts in the game, possession focussed manager.

Not sure how this squad is going to play possession football.. We've got Schar and Bruno for that, and that's about it. Maybe Gordon. The rest are players who wants a more direct playstyle, which the 3 that I mentioned can also do.

Edited by Erikse

6 hours ago, Dr Jinx said:

With the players we have out there we are underperforming. Can't lay that at anyone other than Howe and his staff. We’re back to playing 1 game a week so fatigue shouldn’t be a factor anymore.

Our failings are purely tactical and in his choosing of personnel. It’s a huge concern going forward.

We're 7th :lol:

Last season people were stating a top 7 finish would be a dream. Maybe we're being a bit melodramatic here?

Edited by Hanshithispantz

14 hours ago, Ketsbaia said:

The goodwill has almost gone.

Honestly, the guy is going off the rails with his decisions and loyalties. I know the injuries are a factor but only up to a point.

I'd be very disappointed if the higher-ups aren't at looking keeping a pulse on the managerial market. Because I'm not sure we get far beyond the summer with Howe.

Fucking hell lol. 

No Europe and I think he will be replaced. Unless they take a view with 5 games left to write it off and get players with niggles in for early surgery etc - thinking Isak in particular here.

The DoF position is an interesting factor here as well. Howes position isn’t as strong as it was 12-18 months ago and the DoFs say in the manager will play into negotiations.

i just hope that if we don’t make Europe that they powers that be don’t go down the route of giving him 5 games next season to see. Back him to the hilt or let him go the morning after the season ends.