Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

18 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Miley for Longstaff

Livra for Trippier (Been shite for ages)

Anderson can rotate with Willock as they both get fit (I concede)

Hall for Burn.

Disagree?

We need to find a way to play both Trippier and Tino.

Just now, madras said:

He really hasn't, he just hasn't been as good as Pope......and what should Eddie have done ? 

Given Karius or Gillespie an attempt? That first goal from Chelsea was a complete disgrace and he should have been ashamed to have not got it since it was actually getting closer to him

Just now, gjohnson said:

Given Karius or Gillespie an attempt? That first goal from Chelsea was a complete disgrace and he should have been ashamed to have not got it since it was actually getting closer to him

No. Dubravka is far and away the best we have after Pope.

Just now, joeyt said:

We need to find a way to play both Trippier and Tino.

I honestly don't think we do. Trippier is playing like he has the world on his shoulders. Until that is shifted, he's only going to decline (and rapidly)

I'd prefer him to sit out the rest of the season, luck after his injury, sort out his troubles, blood Livra at RB, and hopefully Tripps can come back next season for a proper send off season (as we won't get another one beyond that due to his age and Livra's ability)

19 minutes ago, pubteam said:

Hopefully this tendancy to play injured players hasn't caused any long term damage to them.

It's pretty standard stuff in the Premier League unfortunately.

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

It's pretty standard stuff in the Premier League unfortunately.

Tripps has painkilling injections before every game. 

Just now, Away Toon said:

Shearer seems convinced he will be here next season......

Good. Great backing from him and Shay, rightly so 

Just now, madras said:

No. Dubravka is far and away the best we have after Pope.

Well if we're hoping to improve that should not be the case. He has been shown to be significantly worse than Pope, and even himself from when he was No.1. Can't remember if it was Neville or Carragher that highlighted it but his save % is about 10 % lower than Pope and is one of the worst in the league

To absolutely no-one's surprise we've been knocked out by a far superior team. They scored their winner in the 13th minute and added the cushion about 15 minutes later, knocked it into neutral and glided home in relative comfort. We were outclassed and out of our depth from the first whistle to the last.

If we have a poor run from now until May then I honestly think he's going to be in a bit of bother. Personally I think he's got the rest of this season and at least 20 games next season but I'm not running the club. The club is being run by rich, successful and expectant cunts who don't really do failure or excuses, they're ruthless. We knew this when they took us over and so far it's been mostly roses but a drab end to the season and I think he'll be in a bit of bother whether I agree or not. 4th to (maybe) 10th will not go down well despite all of the legitimate context surrounding it

He absolutely deserves another season but I'm getting concerned he'll not get it 

Just played the best team in football with many key players missing, away from home where they rarely ever lose a match, confidence going in somewhat low, we were dominated in possession but reduced them to two lucky goals, and on another day Isak could score the opportunity's he was presented with?

This was always going to be an uphill struggle, even if we could have put our absolute best out this evening, we would have still had a huge challenge. Man City are on a different level to us, our fans need to know our lane and stop being such deluded fuckwits, this is off the back of the Eddie Howe must go shit gathering pace on Twitter. They do my head in, a loss here or there and they're waiting to pounce like sad little twats, starting to wish we never qualified for the champions league, it's given so many a false sense of entitlement, lack of humility.

Such a shame those same fans no doubt showering Howe with admiration, love, and praise after the Leicester game last season, all forget so quickly, even when the poor fella has his hands tied with a season of relentless problems. 

Please don't be one of them, resist these fucking vampires. 

1 minute ago, gjohnson said:

Well if we're hoping to improve that should not be the case. He has been shown to be significantly worse than Pope, and even himself from when he was No.1. Can't remember if it was Neville or Carragher that highlighted it but his save % is about 10 % lower than Pope and is one of the worst in the league

And he's been playing behind a severely depleted team. Do you really think we'd improve for playing Karius or Gillespie instead ?

I think with no doubt he deserves to see out this season but based on how the team has been playing since december questions need to be asked if he is the man to take us to the level our owners want us to be in or should we look to get a more proven top level manager in the summer.

Just now, Away Toon said:

Shearer seems convinced he will be here next season......

As he should, even though I think he hasnt done a good job lately. Its 3 bad months compared to 2 excellent years.

If the performances doesnt improve substantially from now to the first 5-7 games next season then i think its time to say goodbye. 

Just now, midds said:

He absolutely deserves another season but I'm getting concerned he'll not get it 

If we tank the end of the season he does deserve massive scrutiny. Anything lower than 13th and it’ll be the biggest drop off since Pardew went 5th->16th.

2 minutes ago, midds said:

I'm pretty sure that if the current form continues he won't. I'm not saying he deserves to go yet, but to me he's making fundamental mistakes with his selections and in the last two games I've seen players jogging, which is unacceptable. We have still got a decent run in, so the opportunity is there.

15 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

Karius and Gillespie are both awful

3 minutes ago, midds said:

To absolutely no-one's surprise we've been knocked out by a far superior team. They scored their winner in the 13th minute and added the cushion about 15 minutes later, knocked it into neutral and glided home in relative comfort. We were outclassed and out of our depth from the first whistle to the last.

If we have a poor run from now until May then I honestly think he's going to be in a bit of bother. Personally I think he's got the rest of this season and at least 20 games next season but I'm not running the club. The club is being run by rich, successful and expectant cunts who don't really do failure or excuses, they're ruthless. We knew this when they took us over and so far it's been mostly roses but a drab end to the season and I think he'll be in a bit of bother whether I agree or not. 4th to (maybe) 10th will not go down well despite all of the legitimate context surrounding it

No one is really surprised. And that's the point, there was no surprise and nothing even looking like a surprise in any way shape or form. As completely expected we rolled over and let Man City tickle our bellies. Nothing in that performance suggested we weren't prepared for and were willing to accept defeat before the match even Started. Eddie isn't going to win anything for us. He doesn't have it in him, as much as I'd like him to

Shearer sounded positively spokespersonlike when he said he'd be here next season. Also looked like he then remembered he also had to say that we had to be able to buy players :lol:

7 minutes ago, madras said:

And he's been playing behind a severely depleted team. Do you really think we'd improve for playing Karius or Gillespie instead ?

Couldn't have been worse