Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 minute ago, LiquidAK said:

Disagree tbh :lol: a better parallel would be the normal bloke/girl questioning every decision the rocket engineer made and not having the humility to appreciate that they might be working with more information.

that's also a very reasonable point. But we all have blindspots. Whether it's that or not with Eddie is not so clear. But fuck, it feels like we lost 4-0.

27 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I could pull up stills of Man City getting ran through similar to this earlier this season when Rodri was out. What is this supposed to prove exactly?

What Man City getting ran through last season (?) looks like

image.thumb.png.42acb54b521f697e94fd73196c0cc10b.png

Us getting ran through 

image.thumb.png.4f0eccfff075b1f88c737e692334f7ab.png

2 hours ago, Matt1892 said:

You are missing the point too, as nobody is saying that you should still be as good when your better players are out.

Where he is tactically limited is where we set up with having a goalkeeper that sweeps up in Pope, meaning we can get away with a higher line, yet when Pope is out and replaced with a keeper that isn’t comfortable sweeping up, we still play with the high line and are done with long balls constantly.

Could it be that it’s not that everyone else is missing the point…?

Just now, Iwantcurlyhair2 said:

xG graph = Nick Pope

Definitely mattered, but it can be both the system and the missing players, which is my point. We shouldn’t be Nick Pope away from conceding chances like Burnley

I’d sack Howe if we were Man City and conceding the goals we have after assembling the best squad the league has ever seen. We’re not though, and our good players have been injured too much.

3 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

I’d sack Howe if we were Man City and conceding the goals we have after assembling the best squad the league has ever seen. We’re not though, and our good players have been injured too much.

Injuries you say?! Fuck me, why didn’t anyone mention them before?

I would just add two points: 

1. we all want to be back to what we like last season under Howe. The debate is just about his ability but not his personality.

2. Howe has had the same pattern of success and failure in Bournemouth. Even the bizarre injury crisis and the unacceptable defence performance echoed.

I still remember when we hired Howe, my friends congratulated me and say we got a dedicated coach with good potential, yet “it remains to be seen how he would react when things turn sour, because that’s what he failed to do when he got fired last time, and that’s his biggest stumbling block from being a top class manager”

At that time l don’t get it and just say note taken. Now I understand what he meant. Just like some said, he earns the right and time to learn and take actions. But that won’t be without limit.

Edited by Zero

Anyone see MotD2 tonight with Shearer saying about playing through injury, the Leicester 4-3 come back from 3-1 down he played when scheduled for a hernia op.

No no we shouldn't play anyone who isn't 100% fit and get them off at the slightest twinge.

4 hours ago, Matt1892 said:

I think the club should put the feelers out through an intermediary to see who is available and would be interested in joining in the summer.

If we can’t attract a manager of quality then I would stick with him and hope he learns, although if we do stick with him then we need to be prepared to give him the whole of next season, rather than moving him on in November if next season starts like this one is going.

I know why the forum doesn't have a dislike button but still I have to ask: why don't we have a dislike button?

I mean jesus christ people are going on like west ham battered us and we were lucky to get anything from the game. We were clearly the better team and were good value for our win. 

There's obvious defensive issues but it's mainly showing how much worse our number 2 keeper is from our first choice. We could change our entire system around this but it won't magically mean we are better. 

And still...

We got knocked out of the CL via corruption (whilst admittedly being battered but the players gave it their all). 

We got knocked out of LC via freak individual error. 

We got knocked out of FAC via drawing Man City away (and lord the way people went on about losing to the best team in the world). 

And despite all the injuries and everything else we've endured this season we are still very much in contention for top 6. Not where we really want to be but given we've gone basically all season with an entire 11 out injured I find it pretty fucking impressive. 

You'd think we were battling for relegation the way some people are going on. 

3 hours ago, Jagten said:

Us getting ran through 

Nice graphs! Thanks for telling us about them.

Here's my offering to the nerds. Its our xG vs. goals scored and conceded based on the scoreline at the time.

gamestate.thumb.png.58e0d2b2325faf18f851adc02d03c2d7.png

The one to focus on is our xG and goals scored when leading by one goal, here listed as game state "+1". From xG (chances created), we should have scored 13 and conceded 7. However, we've managed to score only 8 and somehow concede 13. On precise xG, its an 11 goal swing, quite possibly equivalent to 12 points or more. On a minutes basis, we've conceded over 2 goals per 90 to teams we were able to take the lead against, once again off not that many chances created by the opposition. This strikes me as bad luck (uncharacteristically missing chances at pivotal moments in games), compounding the bad luck we've already had through injuries. 

5 hours ago, Jagten said:

Us getting ran through 

You've gone from pulling random one off images from games, which can be done for any team to now switching the narrative.

So from these graphs you tell me what that sudden switch in our xg against midway through this season coincided with, because up until then we were on track with what we were doing last season, which was comparable to the almighty Man City you worship, despite clueless Eddie playing the evil Dan Burn.

I wonder if it had anything to do with Joelinton and Pope no longer being available like I mentioned in the first place.

Edited by KaKa

Eddie making mistakes = Eddie getting sacked is the stupidest shit I've heard.

It's not some big gotcha because someone points out that he should have dropped Dan Burn or rested players sooner.

What I do is take those negative points and I put them in the Eddie negative pile I have in my head, I look at that pile and say "Yep few things to work on there son", but then I turn around, crane my neck back, and look at the Eddie positive pile which is still blocking the fucking sun because he got us to a cup final and into the CL within the last 12 months.

Just for those at the back... its not recognition of mistakes that is the issue, its the lack of perspective.

It's alright saying drop so and so but I think that it's important to retain some experience in the side. Trippier gives us this and we look much more solid when he's on the pitch 

7 minutes ago, jackyboy said:

It's alright saying drop so and so but I think that it's important to retain some experience in the side. Trippier gives us this and we look much more solid when he's on the pitch 

Get your point, however we haven’t looked more solid with him on the pitch for the last few months. That’s more down to other factors than Trippier himself mind.

13 hours ago, Matt1892 said:

My goodness! Like a little doggo with a chew bone. A really unique combination of ignorant, pugnacious and annoying. 

I’ve clearly responded to the point you made accusing Howe of tactical inflexibility / ineptitude by saying that there are obvious mitigating circumstances that mean he can’t really do much in terms of flexibility. It’s like collecting your weekly shop, finding half of it rotten, and then expecting a greater variety of meals and snacks from the lesser pool. You’re asking for something that isn’t possible. 

It’s so obvious that you’re butt hurt that Newcastle aren’t as successful as last year and you’re rounding on the manager as you’ve nothing else to focus disappointment on. Tbh your likely joyless existence is probably a fair price to pay for it all. 

While we’re playing the patronising internet links game, here are some for you:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/gb/basics/projection?amp

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

https://www.psychmechanics.com/signs-of-low-intelligence/

I haven't seen an injury (+ suspension) crisis so prolonged and deep as we have had this season. It is the major contributing factor to our poor form.

I also think that every manager makes mistakes and Eddie's biggest failing to date has probably been loyalty to some of his "purples" who have been out of form at times.

As for treatment of Hall; when I first saw him he was well off the pace and did not convince me at all. Agreed with not using him and preferred Tino. Now, After a few months of integration with Eddie's methods, his cameo the other day was positive.

19 hours ago, astraguy said:

Nick Pope - Shoulder
Joelinton - Groin
Callum Wilson - Chest
Miggy - ??
Kieran Trippier - Calf
Livramento - Ankle
Tonali - Betting suspension
Botman - ACL
Lewis Miley - Back
Jamaal Lascelles - ACL
Antony Gordon - Red Card Suspension
Emil Krafth-??
:hunter:

I reckon that team might beat who we can put out against Everton! 

Don't think I've seen such a chasm between a result and the discourse on here like. The negativity is one thing, but proper needless toxicity following a hard-fought win from the jaws of defeat? N-O at its worst.

Edited by Kid Icarus