Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Just now, Jack27 said:

For who though? We don’t have another effective right sided midfielder. Don’t know how many times this needs to be explained 

White has looked tidy in his few cameos this season. Would be better than anything Longstaff is offering at the minute. 

Just now, Jack27 said:

For who though? We don’t have another effective right sided midfielder. Don’t know how many times this needs to be explained 

For anyone. Any barn is better than that pub playing dogshit fucking plodder. His touch is worse than a guy that has no fucking legs. He cant pass, he cant fucking hold up the ball cause he falls over if someone gets close to him. Switch to 442 and get rid of him. Just dont fucking play the absurdly shit player ever again.

1 minute ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Just another of the WUM accounts who always pop in to revel in a defeat or draw. Probably a Mackem.

Not eddie's fault tonight but the pearl clutching over criticism of eddie is so unnecessary... it's a forum ffs are people not allowed to voice an opinion that dissents from the consensus?

2 minutes ago, Upthemags said:

Not eddie's fault tonight but the pearl clutching over criticism of eddie is so unnecessary... it's a forum ffs are people not allowed to voice an opinion that dissents from the consensus?

Did you read the post or not? That wasn't "criticism" it was the usual hyperbolic shite about looking elsewhere in the summer. Fuck off with that.

1 minute ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Just another of the WUM accounts who always pop in to revel in a defeat or draw. Probably a Mackem.

Fuck off with that :lol: been here as long as you and nothing wrong with voicing an opinion.

In too many games we look like we are not coached and relying more on indiviual moments, this was a very poor Everton team with no confidence and they got  4 points off us this season, lost at home to Nottingham and Luton also got 4 points off us.

We are nowhere near the level we aspire to be and i'm happy to be proven wrong but since december there have been little signs of improvement.

Just now, Newcastle Fan said:

Fuck off with that :lol: been here as long as you and nothing wrong with voicing an opinion.

In too many games we look like we are not coached and relying more on indiviual moments, this was a very poor Everton team with no confidence and they got  4 points off us this season, lost at home to Nottingham and Luton also got 4 points off us.

We are nowhere near the level we aspire to be and i'm happy to be proven wrong but since december there have been little signs of improvement.

That isn't what you said. You were talking utter shite earlier.

Just now, Newcastle Fan said:

I'll pretend you're being genuine for a second. If you watched that game and didn't see improvement both defensively and offensively, undone by a stupid moment from a 4th choice player, I don't know what to say. That performance wasn't perfect by any stretch but it was a clear step in the right direction. If you can't see that, maybe look up from your phone when the game is on? Pay a bit more attention? 

8 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

White 

Joe White has played 10 PL minutes in his career 

Edited by Nine

Just now, Nine said:

Joe White has played 10 PL minutes in his career 

Playing the old hands hasn't worked for months, may as well try the young.

Such a shame. One of our best performances in a while overall. I don't see a lot Eddie could've done better.

White for Longstaff (who was dogshit) is a shout but I don't really know what he would offer so no blame from me. I would've liked to see us keep Bruno higher up the pitch, but that was easier said than done given the options available to us.

8 minutes ago, worthy said:

For anyone. Any barn is better than that pub playing dogshit fucking plodder. His touch is worse than a guy that has no fucking legs. He cant pass, he cant fucking hold up the ball cause he falls over if someone gets close to him. Switch to 442 and get rid of him. Just dont fucking play the absurdly shit player ever again.

I'm upset, but this is aids ridden

Just now, LiquidAK said:

I'll pretend you're being genuine for a second. If you watched that game and didn't see improvement both defensively and offensively, undone by a stupid moment from a 4th choice player, I don't know what to say. That performance wasn't perfect by any stretch but it was a clear step in the right direction. If you can't see that, maybe look up from your phone when the game is on? Pay a bit more attention? 

Why bother replying man? :lol:

He's completely ignored the monumental achievement of last season to focus on whatever negative he can find. Dont argue with stupid.

Just now, LiquidAK said:

Exactly. Couldn't wait to pile into this thread the second the match ended to lay into Howe and say we need to look elsewhere in the summer, then acts surprised when this bollocks gets called for what it is.

No criticism for him tonight. Took no less than 5 injuries to defenders for Dummett to get on the pitch. Dummett has let him down big time and should never be trusted with a minute of game time again.

Just now, Aiston said:

Playing the old hands hasn't worked for months, may as well try the young.

He does try the young, look at Miley. He sees these players day in day out in training, if someone doesn’t get minutes during games when we have a massive injury list then it’s because they arnt ready for them.

2 minutes ago, Upthemags said:

You've worded it a million times more reasonable than it is as far as the criticism goes. Fair criticism (why's Hall not had more game time) gets a fair response but the usual suspects who slag the team and manager off constantly are at best arseholes and some blatant wums

Not going to have a pop at him.. he prepared the team well and we created loads of chances. 

Now if he had any notions about certain players being ones he can trust, that should hopefully put that to bed.

Please persist with Longstaff a while longer Eddie, it's working so well.

Can't blame him for tonight really, was the injuries kicking us in the arse.

You can’t legislate for what Dummett did - it wasn’t even about Dummett being old or shite, it was fucking brain dead.

That should’ve been a reasonably comfortable 1-0, Howe can’t be responsible for informing experienced footballers that doing a cross-face chicken wing on an opposition attacker in the penalty area is suicidal play

1 minute ago, LiquidAK said:

I am not talking about this game as a stand alone,  the argument could also be made that we were playing one of the worst sides in the league at home and by default we will look better.

The discussion is simple, is he the man who can have us challenging for top positions next season or do we get someone who can offer something diffrent, my opinion and general feeling is that his tactics are now obvious to other teams and we are struggling in most games injuries or not. I am not saying he's Steve Bruce but he's never won anything at the top level so would we want him to learn on our expense or get someone more established who can take us forward; i would go for the latter but happy to be proven wrong.

Lots of good tonight.

Burn looked quality at CB. Anderson continues to look like he'll develop into a quality CM. Barnes and Isak appear to be developing some really nice chemistry.

Let down by his shit players. Lots of players out there who've been made to look like competent Premier League players through Eddie's coaching and tactics but are basically a bit shit at the end of the day. The likes of Longstaff, Murphy, Krafth. Just absolute anchors around our necks in terms of playing decent football. Tonali, Gordon and Trippier out there and we'd have annihilated them tonight.

Even then, needed a Paul Dummett masterclass in being useless to cost us the win.