Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 minute ago, Newcastle Fan said:

I am not talking about this game as a stand alone,  the argument could also be made that we were playing one of the worst sides in the league at home and by default we will look better.

The discussion is simple, is he the man who can have us challenging for top positions next season or do we get someone who can offer something diffrent, my opinion and general feeling is that his tactics are now obvious to other teams and we are struggling in most games injuries or not. I am not saying he's Steve Bruce but he's never won anything at the top level so would we want him to learn on our expense or get someone more established who can take us forward; i would go for the latter but happy to be proven wrong.

We finished 4th last season and got into a cup final. 

The fact you have written that off in your mind because we've had a bumpy season says alot about you.

I am absolutely fucked off, if we had of taken our chances we would have won. Would much prefer White getting minutes than Dummet. 

When we are a bare bones squad it is the perfect time to blood youngsters and give them some responsibility in the team. 

Relying on old hacks and getting the same results is a fucking waste. 

The issue for me isn't that this is a forum and people argue. The issue is that a few of the posters had absolutely AIDS ridden responses about Howe two years ago, pretended like they didn't when it was good, briefly went back to it before the Cup final last year, and are now full in again. And then they complain that their voices are being stifled.

Edited by Vinny Green Balls

We played well tonight but Everton are a team that allow you to play well, they sit deep and constantly give up possession inviting the opposition to attack over and over.

The disappointing thing is that we started the game really well, which was expected after carrying over the feel good factor from West Ham but we haven’t managed to retain that. There was a feeling that if we didn’t get the second goal we would regret it and that’s what happened.

Ultimately, it was another game that we should have won and instead dropped 2 points in. 

2 minutes ago, Newcastle Fan said:

I am not talking about this game as a stand alone 

Then why post that straight after a game we improved in? Oh because it's nonsense used to fit an agenda.

3 minutes ago, Newcastle Fan said:

were playing one of the worst sides in the league at home and by default we will look better.

So when we do well it's because it's expected and when we do poorly it's not good enough?

4 minutes ago, Newcastle Fan said:

The discussion is simple, is he the man who can have us challenging for top positions next season

Without an unprecedented injury list, yes

Just now, STM said:

We finished 4th last season and got into a cup final. 

The fact you have written that off in your mind because we've had a bumpy season says alot about you.

I have not written that off at all and he gets a ton of credit for that and the previous season where he saved us from certain relegation. But football moves on fast and now we are a team who is planning to distrupt the top teams and based on how this season went its a hit and miss, so it will be naive to not consider all options.

If we finish 7th this year given the undeniable shitshow of crap luck we've had then I say he's done a good job all things considered and is worth giving him next season as ultimatum.

7th is still on the overall forward progress. West Ham have some tricky fixtures left, it ain't over til its over. Ultimately decision is for PIF to make, I don't think Stavely and Co. would want him gone just yet.

Edited by Amir_9

1 minute ago, Amir_9 said:

If we finish 7th this year given the undeniable shitshow of crap luck we've had then I say he's done a good job all things considered and is worth giving him next season as ultimatum.

7th is still on the overall forward progress. West Ham have some tricky fixtures left, it ain't over til its over.

If he gets 7th he deserves a fucking medal nevermind an ultimatum. 

10 minutes ago, Newcastle Fan said:

I have not written that off at all and he gets a ton of credit for that and the previous season where he saved us from certain relegation. But football moves on fast and now we are a team who is planning to distrupt the top teams and based on how this season went its a hit and miss, so it will be naive to not consider all options.

"I have not written it off"

*writes it off in the very next sentence*

Having a pop at people for defending Howe is tragic.

He's probably averaging 6th-7th place in his time here which includes half a season with a Bruce/Ashley team plus some ringers and a full season with a monstrous injury/suspension crisis whilst being financially held back and all with squad limits.

2 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

Then why post that straight after a game we improved in? Oh because it's nonsense used to fit an agenda.

So when we do well it's because it's expected and when we do poorly it's not good enough?

Without an unprecedented injury list, yes

We are all fans of the same club and want to see it thrive, agenda and calling people mackams for having an opinion is RTG level shit :lol:

i really want him to succeed as he sounds like a really decent bloke but it does feel at times he lacks what it takes to be the one who wins us trophies, i guess only time will tell if he is or not and i personally will be very happy if people quote me next year saying how wrong i was.

1 minute ago, Amir_9 said:

7th is still on the overall forward progress. West Ham have some tricky fixtures left, it ain't over til its over.

This is kind of where I’m at. The squad has been decimated for so long. It is easy to forget just how fucked over we have been by injuries and lack of rotation. It gets boring using it as an excuse all the while, too. 

Results like that are infuriating. Other games going our way again and we haven’t capitalised. 

I think based on that showing from certain individuals and how weak the bench is again already. Then with the players available that are going to see out most of the remaining fixtures. I think 7th might be beyond us. The latest round of injuries might be a bridge too far.

Tino, Trippier, Lascelles and Almiron all available then I think we’d manage it. 

1 minute ago, Newcastle Fan said:

We are all fans of the same club and want to see it thrive, agenda and calling people mackams for having an opinion is RTG level shit :lol:

i really want him to succeed as he sounds like a really decent bloke but it does feel at times he lacks what it takes to be the one who wins us trophies, i guess only time will tell if he is or not and i personally will be very happy if people quote me next year saying how wrong i was.

Coming into this thread literally seconds after the game has ended to post about evaluating our summer managerial options is as RTG as you can get mate.

1 minute ago, sempuki said:

He needs to get ruthless in the Summer. Get shot of Longstaff, Dummett, Ritchie, Dubravka, even Wilson. Too much deadwood and perma crocks.

I know it’s tiresome but in the world of FFP how can we if we can’t replace them? Fully agree with you like. 

39 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Really don’t understand what anyone’s complaints are tonight. We were all over for them for most of the match. We lost some intensity in the second half because we have no bench and some players who started who weren’t fully fit. Everton were awful and only got bailed out by one of the stupidest fouls of the entire PL season 

Well you touched upon it yourself, Everton were awful, yet we imo were far too blasé on the ball and in attack at 1-0 despite having a really poor defensive record, and they - despite being awful - did get an equaliser (not a surprise) and had other chances they didn't take.

It was an average at best performance, with a couple of standout shockers from Dummett and Longstaff, and some terrible game management. 

This is not the first time there's been a "resting on a 1 goal lead is stupid" vs "I don't see what the problem is, if it wasn't for...we'd have won" back and forth this season.

Edited by Kid Icarus

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Well you touched upon it yourself, Everton were awful, yet we imo were far too blasé on the ball and in attack at 1-0 despite having a really poor defensive record, and they - despite being awful - did get an equaliser (not a surprise) and had other chances they didn't take.

It was an average at best performance, with a couple of standout shockers from Dummett and Longstaff, and some terrible game management. 

This is not the first time there's been a "resting on a 1-0 is stupid" vs "I don't see what the problem is, if it wasn't for...we'd have won" back and forth this season.

Bit different when we have no bench and a bunch of players who aren’t match fit starting or coming on. We were centimetres away from an equaliser that got ruled out and we had a bunch of quality chances that we didn’t put away. Don’t think we massively sat back. Felt different to our period earlier in the season when we shipped goals at the end of games because we faced attack after attack 

2 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Can’t blame him for tonight. 

If his hard on for Longstaff persists into next season I’ll be disappointed. 

If he had a hard on for Longstaff, he wouldn't have gone for Tonali, to essentially relegate Longstaff to at most 5th choice at CM.

Tonali being a degenerate and Willock having that long term injury, thrust Sean right back into a starring role, unfortunately.

Yeah we were clearly going for it like, nightmare finishing let us down and as the game wore on doubt crept in and we had no bench to switch it up with. Frustrating as fuck but I wouldn't say we sat back by any means or were happy to hold onto the 1 goal lead 

Edited by LiquidAK

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

Bit different when we have no bench and a bunch of players who aren’t match fit starting or coming on. We were centimetres away from an equaliser that got ruled out and we had a bunch of quality chances that we didn’t put away. Don’t think we massively sat back. Felt different to our period earlier in the season when we shipped goals at the end of games because we faced attack after attack 

It had nothing to do with availability and fitness tonight for me. If I felt we were giving everything and falling short I'd be fully with you, but I thought it couldn't have been more obvious that the players out there played within themselves against a really poor team who offered nothing tonight.

Hall stays on and we win 1-0 and I still would have thought the approach to the game was needlessly risky.

I said as much at half time and it only got worse second half.

21 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

The issue for me isn't that this is a forum and people argue. The issue is that a few of the posters had absolutely AIDS ridden responses about Howe two years ago, pretended like they didn't when it was good, briefly went back to it before the Cup final last year, and are now full in again. And then they complain that their voices are being stifled.

Nah, the issue for me is posts like this - people complaining about people complaining. People have to be allowed to post their thoughts without fear of being told their opinions are "aids ridden". Whatever that means.

42 minutes ago, Newcastle Fan said:

Fuck off with that :lol: been here as long as you and nothing wrong with voicing an opinion.

In too many games we look like we are not coached and relying more on indiviual moments, this was a very poor Everton team with no confidence and they got  4 points off us this season, lost at home to Nottingham and Luton also got 4 points off us.

We are nowhere near the level we aspire to be and i'm happy to be proven wrong but since december there have been little signs of improvement.

This idea that gets floated that we should have seen improvement since December as if the manager is the only thing holding us back is such a crock of shit narrative.