Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

11 minutes ago, ShootShoot said:

This . Somehow people have come to accept that 4 3 3 and high intensity ( sings " High Anxiety " in a Mel Brooks stylee ) is the Holy Grail of football - its not its just one way of playing . Systems become fashionable then overtime get discarded . Its not sustainable in the long term as was said above

I actually think we are better suited to 4231 - gives us better protection at the back and provides additional support to the 9

I thought he was clearly trying to be more possession based and controlling the tempo during the first injury crisis of just having 10-11 outfield players available. It’s just not easy when there’s a 17 year old kid and struggling Longstaff playing in midfield and no one (outside of Hall) was getting enough rest.

Edited by Pata

7 from 9, should've been 9 from 9 barring that penalty cock up. Defending has been better last 2 games as well. Drag us to a European spot and go again next season.

Any pts he gets with that defence are a bonus, any clean sheets is a near miracle. 

I just worry if we lose schar for any length of time, even a game. 

I reckon Europe again was a given for this season's target, but considering how things have played out it'll be pretty damn impressive from him and the team.

Just now, NE27 said:

I reckon Europe again was a given for this season's target, but considering how things have played out it'll be pretty damn impressive from him and the team.

I don't think we'll do it but if we somehow managed to pinch 6th then there's a fair argument that it would be an even bigger achievement than finishing 4th last season. 

Our run in is decent so European football is definitely achievable, the results are so difficult to predict though due to our performances being so erratic.

26 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Any pts he gets with that defence are a bonus, any clean sheets is a near miracle. 

I just worry if we lose schar for any length of time, even a game. 

Screenshot_20240406_175207_Chrome.thumb.jpg.af135dac6c984411b6c7ae3c95cd930d.jpg

:lol: I don't even disagree with you, just highlighting how much of a season of contradictions we've had.

24 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I don't think we'll do it but if we somehow managed to pinch 6th then there's a fair argument that it would be an even bigger achievement than finishing 4th last season. 

It would certainly be debatable. Coming into the NY a top half finish would have done me. To have a 2nd injury crisis whilst not even recovered from the 1st, and finish 6th, would be fantastic. Such a shame when you look at our run in as well. Pope, Tino & Tripps back after Spuds, and we've got a great run with only one midweek game left. 

5 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Screenshot_20240406_175207_Chrome.thumb.jpg.af135dac6c984411b6c7ae3c95cd930d.jpg

:lol: I don't even disagree with you, just highlighting how much of a season of contradictions we've had.

It's crazy, mind, so is Everton being up there.

3 hours ago, nufc123 said:

The players needed a wake up, and by the sound of it seems like Howe gave them that.

Nice guy Howe?! Well I never!