Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

25 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Ah, that's really interesting. Remember he had a great start there not losing for ages. Also did very well with Nice. Was he really that bad in the end then?

Yes, got sacked after losing 1-5 to Stuttgart at home. That was shocking result.

He fits smaller clubs, but not bigger with expectations. Had a great run at Gladbach (before Nice), but then got sacked from there too after horrible start of the season. 

1 minute ago, Elephant said:

Yes, got sacked after losing 1-5 to Stuttgart at home. That was shocking result.

He fits smaller clubs, but not bigger with expectations. Had a great run at Gladbach (before Nice), but then got sacked from there too after horrible start of the season. 

Ah, fair enough. Maybe a good option as a first appointment then if the bigger names aren't possible initially.

I really like the attacking intent of his teams and remember being amazed at what he got out of Balotelli at Nice. Could really see the likes of Saint-Maximin, Wilson and even Almiron shine in his setup.

We just need a change ASAP and I can say I don’t really who it is now given the new level we will be operating at. For sure it’s going to be someone with the ability and the toolkit to improve us regardless of the name

1 minute ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Realistic targets mid season…

Rodgers (my pick)

Conte (can’t see it)

Howe (good shout but perhaps a little underwhelming)

Jose (may be on the decline but I’d love it)

Rodgers??

I want a manager who wants to build the club, not a 2/3 year move on merchant, even if they do win things.

I want a manager who understands the club, the area, the fans, takes his time to find out how they and everything ticks. How much the club means to the area and the people.

So basically Rafa. While that's a no goer, give me someone as close to Rafa's methods, brain and total immersion into everything about the club.

27 minutes ago, Bimpy474 said:

I want a manager who wants to build the club, not a 2/3 year move on merchant, even if they do win things.

I want a manager who understands the club, the area, the fans, takes his time to find out how they and everything ticks. How much the club means to the area and the people.

So basically Rafa. While that's a no goer, give me someone as close to Rafa's methods, brain and total immersion into everything about the club.

Simeone comes to mind

I'm not too au fait with managers these days but I'd be content with a Potter or Howe to see what they could do given a decent budget.

On pure pedigree Conte seems the obvious choice but I just couldn't imagine him being at the club even two years later. And I'd rather not have Chelsea-style regular upheaval.

Although on the Chelsea topic.. Maybe someone with the thought of short term while we wait for Tuchel to inevitably be sacked from Chelsea within a year or two? :naughty:

Guest HTT II
Just now, Slim said:

Love Jose for the crack and Bobby connection.  But in reality probbly not a good long term manager if interested in youth development.

He’s finished as a PL level manager IMO. Although I think it would be a mad enough marriage it could well work!

Give Conte absolutely anything he wants, if he still says no, then at least we did all we could.

A part of me would still love Mourinho, he may be out-of-touch in the modern English game and his teams can be very negative, but the connection with Sir Bobby and his on-record enthusiasm for the club provokes some strong romanticism.

Gerrard and Lampard far too risky I think.

Seems mad to almost nonchalantly throw out names like Conte and while I haven't look I am sure there are lots of other fans mocking us for suggesting.

However.. It didn't stop us getting Rafa under horrific ownership with scant resources and ambition. I think people are naive to think some big names wouldn't want this challenge and more so that the new ownership would want anything else but the best available. 

Who knows who will succeed Bruce but Gerrard, Lampert...Howe? I'd be shocked if they didn't aim for higher.