Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

It doesn’t if those lads don’t get minutes, though.  They won’t develop getting spelks up their arse

We’re 3 months into the season here.

Edited by KDT

Was probably hoping the experience of Trippier and Burn could see them through it or we could use them to try and nick it from a set piece. You probably won't see many managers subbing out half their back four for two kids who've barely kicked a ball all season whilst drawing a game like that.

The injuries and fatigue is really killing us, mind. It's going to be a tough run in until the next international break. 

2 minutes ago, KDT said:

But makes us better in the long run.

No it doesn't, they aren't playing.

It's hindering them not getting minutes and hinders Burn/ Trippier more as they are forced to play when absolutely knackered which harms the team and how well we do.

Just now, Vinny Green Balls said:

I think it's also about him feeling comfortable with them playing in a very specific system. I don't always agree with this approach, but it probably takes a bit of time for him to trust people to stay within the system.

If he plays the same lineup on Wednesday, then by all means complain.

I get your point but even 2 players who havent got an understanding of the system is better than 2 players who are dead tired and on yellow cards, it also risks injury. 
If he keeps going like this im 100% sure we will have our season derailed by injuries simply due to managing players fatigue. The two kids we signed arent the only ones who cant get on the pitch. He only trusts 17 or 18 players and 4 of those are injured, one is coming back from injury and another is banned.. The ones who played today and Barnes - Willock - Botman - Andersson - Murphy - Isak - Tonali. Means our effective squad depth is basically a 12 or 13 player rotation. Probably not the best for morale or confidence with players like Targett and the young FBs, may be too worried to make a mistake when they have to be called on due to injury or suspension. Wolves away up 2-1 with 20 minutes to hold on and both fullbacks booked...if we cant make subs then im not sure we ever will.

I really feel like i need to know more about why he’s not making subs at 60 minutes today to freshen the gassed team up. 

I also can’t understand spending the entire transfer budget on 1 backup fullback, 1 3rd choice fullback, a left winger who was never going to start over Gordon (ignoring Tonali) 

One of those tough situations where I'm sure he knew he should bring them off from a tiredness pov, he's not daft and he's got eyes. Certain he wanted to bring some players off but bringing off Trippier and Burn for Livramento and Hall is swapping 2 experienced players for 2 young players still finding their feet - away from home and under pressure. You gain their fitness and freshness but lose the experience and nous. 

He could have made the changes and we lost, I can understand why he left them on, he's paid to make the decisions and deserves the benefit of the doubt  

Just now, Jaqen said:

Was probably hoping the experience of Trippier and Burn could see them through it or we could use them to try and nick it from a set piece. You probably won't see many managers subbing out half their back four for two kids who've barely kicked a ball all season whilst drawing a game like that.

The injuries and fatigue is really killing us, mind. It's going to be a tough run in until the next international break. 

True. But not doing anything from the 60th minute to the goal was really poor management. 

1 minute ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

I think you worded that wrong. Tonali hasn't started every game from the start, but I get what you mean. Before that, our defense was so shit that he probably had no choice but to play Targett, Burn, and Trippier immediately.

But I clearly remember people complaining about Botman not playing at the beginning of last season. Keep in mind that these are also young guys, and lacking in experience. 

Yeah I meant that Tonali started most games from the outset; he started the first 4 anyway. And true, but he still doesn't take time to bed players in, think its a bit of a misconception.

And I remember that as well because the management of the games he was playing was a bit odd.

Forest (h) benched. Schär and Burn started CB.

Brighton (a) started with Schär. 

Man City (h) started with Schär. 

Wolves (a) started with Schär. 

Liverpool (a) benched. Lascelles and Burn started CB.

Palace (h) started with Schär. 

Bournemouth (h) benched. Schär and Burn played CB.

Then he started for the rest of the season. Was a bit odd, like.

Just now, Sufi said:

I get your point but even 2 players who havent got an understanding of the system is better than 2 players who are dead tired and on yellow cards, it also risks injury. 
If he keeps going like this im 100% sure we will have our season derailed by injuries simply due to managing players fatigue. The two kids we signed arent the only ones who cant get on the pitch. He only trusts 17 or 18 players and 4 of those are injured, one is coming back from injury and another is banned.. The ones who played today and Barnes - Willock - Botman - Andersson - Murphy - Isak - Tonali. Means our effective squad depth is basically a 12 or 13 player rotation. Probably not the best for morale or confidence with players like Targett and the young FBs, may be too worried to make a mistake when they have to be called on due to injury or suspension. Wolves away up 2-1 with 20 minutes to hold on and both fullbacks booked...if we cant make subs then im not sure we ever will.

Once again, complain about that if it happens down the road. Right now it's a what if, and all things  considered,  we have started pretty well in both the league and the cups.

1 minute ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

17 points isn't a bad start at all given the teams we have already played. If we totally peter out due to overloading players, then have at it. But once again, I feel that people are not exactly seeing the wood for the trees.

The players already look like they are burning out - a situation not likely to improve without rotation.  If a manager doesn’t utilise the squad, then questions have to be asked about the squad - and when you’ve signed £85m worth of full backs in 12 months and none of them get rotated in when your first choice fullbacks are cabbaged, then questions can be asked. 

I wanted to see changes. But I think there was a point where Lascelles looked shaky as fuck and I immediately thought 'oh yeah.. Trips is telling him what to do almost every few minutes.. We're not getting that leadership with Tino on'.

Burn? I still don't get it. Love him but I'm so confused at how he appears to be near-irreplaceable for Eddie when we've got a proven solid back up in Targett that could've take a bit of pressure off Trips in his own right as far as attacking/set piece responsibilities. 

I don't imagine he'll get asked such specific questions as that would mean journalists putting in effort but I hope we get to hear his thoughts on the lack of subs today. Purely out of interest in his thought process and decision making. But then again, this man gives absolutely fuck all away to the press at the best of times. :lol:

Just now, wormy said:

I wanted to see changes. But I think there was a point where Lascelles looked shaky as fuck and I immediately thought 'oh yeah.. Trips is telling him what to do almost every few minutes.. We're not getting that leadership with Tino on'.

Burn? I still don't get it. Love him but I'm so confused at how he appears to be near-irreplaceable for Eddie when we've got a proven solid back up in Targett that could've take a bit of pressure off Trips in his own right as far as attacking/set piece responsibilities. 

I don't imagine he'll get asked such specific questions as that would mean journalists putting in effort but I hope we get to hear his thoughts on the lack of subs today. Purely out of interest in his thought process and decision making. But then again, this man gives absolutely fuck all away to the press at the best of times. :lol:

That is more of the question  I have. Targett looked quite good against Dortmund.

Just now, HaydnNUFC said:

With an obligation to buy for £35m. We will have done by the end of this season.

Don't think obligation over option has been confirmed but, even so, we couldn't afford to buy Hall this summer. It's not like we had a choice to spend that elsewhere.

10 minutes ago, midds said:

One of those tough situations where I'm sure he knew he should bring them off from a tiredness pov, he's not daft and he's got eyes. Certain he wanted to bring some players off but bringing off Trippier and Burn for Livramento and Hall is swapping 2 experienced players for 2 young players still finding their feet - away from home and under pressure. You gain their fitness and freshness but lose the experience and nous. 

He could have made the changes and we lost, I can understand why he left them on, he's paid to make the decisions and deserves the benefit of the doubt  

Has he ever subbed off Burn because of poor performance in a match we aren’t losing?

I agree with whoever said we currently have an effective squad of 12.