Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Paulo is top of our poll, lots of chatter on Twitter saying it’s a done deal yesterday yet….

5/4 still available, more than double ya cash on a seeming shoe in ? 

The fact Ando has indicated a surprise stops me from wading into those odds and making a few quid …hmmm.

Edited by GWN

1 minute ago, GWN said:

Pauli is top of our poll, lots of chatter on Twitter saying it’s a done deal yesterday yet….

The fact Ando has indicated a surprise stops me from wading into those odds and making a few quid …hmmm.

Might chuck my Blyth winnings on it 

8 minutes ago, GWN said:

Paulo is top of our poll, lots of chatter on Twitter saying it’s a done deal yesterday yet….

Don't think anywhere that said it was a done deal? I think a deal has been agreed in principle but nothing is signed & sealed until we speak to other managers before making a final decision.

9 minutes ago, GWN said:

[emoji38] fair enough , they did take the lead and threw it away mate , they are shite .

Haha I actually did cash out then put £2 on Bradford and cashed out for £10 so not a bad night, I'm desperate for Ten Hag tho, that would make my year.

14 minutes ago, Ben said:

Haha I actually did cash out then put £2 on Bradford and cashed out for £10 so not a bad night, I'm desperate for Ten Hag tho, that would make my year.

thing that puts me off is he’s still available at 22/1 , if folk were ITK the odds would be gone now mate , however good luck with it .

Edited by GWN

1 minute ago, Geogaddi said:

Of the realistic targets I want Fonseca but do think if the owners were totally sold on him then he would have been appointed by now, worries me if they are seriously looking at the likes of Lampard and Howe .

Lampard and Howe are not shit guys mind , they will appeal to the younguns , doesn’t worry me at all when we have had 12 years of utter wankers .

8 minutes ago, GWN said:

Lampard and Howe are not shit guys mind , they will appeal to the younguns , doesn’t worry me at all when we have had 12 years of utter wankers .

Disagree about Lampard. The stuff that came out in the Athletic article about how the Chelsea players had essentially no tactics and were told to express themselves is just a newer version of roll your sleeves up. 

He had one of the best squads in the world and massively under achieved. 

Just now, St1pe said:

Disagree about Lampard. The stuff that came out in the Athletic article about how the Chelsea players had essentially no tactics and were told to express themselves is just a newer version of roll your sleeves up. 

He had one of the best squads in the world and massively under achieved. 

Fair enough I’m not really expecting him in anyway mate 

If Rafa had been available I would have gone there. The one with most prem experience and building clubs from lower echelons is Eddie Howe, plays decent football and has a style/schematic which would be ok for the next couple of years.

Benitez would be able to organize our defence without buying in Jan as its basically the same players he left behind barring Bruce flogging our best footballing defender in Lejeune!  As for breaking his contract if we offer Everton enough money they will release him from his contract!

Guest reefatoon
Just now, gdm said:

I agree I’m more excited about someone new. A new start 

Totally agree. It’s exciting hearing new managers methods and tactics, like Fonseca who is all about having and controlling the ball. I would much rather see that implemented (especially in home games), than the style of giving up possession and hitting on the counter. I also think parts of the crowd will get tired of Rafas style very quickly now with us not being a two bit shite Ashley ran club anymore and expectations a lot higher. Something I wouldn’t want to see is him getting stick. Definitely time to move on to someone new and exciting.

Rafa is my first choice personally. 

With backing and patience we would be in Europe within 3 years imo. He’s the closest to a sure thing as possible. 

The problem is, it’s impossible to get him so we will have to plump for someone else. 

4 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

Totally agree. It’s exciting hearing new managers methods and tactics, like Fonseca who is all about having and controlling the ball. I would much rather see that implemented (especially in home games), than the style of giving up possession and hitting on the counter. I also think parts of the crowd will get tired of Rafas style very quickly now with us not being a two bit shite Ashley ran club anymore and expectations a lot higher. Something I wouldn’t want to see is him getting stick. Definitely time to move on to someone new and exciting.

We never saw Rafa’s style, he just used all of his experience to turn an absolute turd into one of the best drilled units in the Premier League.

If he’d have been allowed to build on that I have absolutely no doubt we’d be a top 8 club right now. Then the money comes, he could literally swap out players as instant upgrades without having to guess at what was going to work.

I think that the speed at which the takeover went through after such a delay is why we now have such a large list of options. It's obvious that Rafa was their guy from the start and everything was set for him to stay/come back as manager and build the club as he saw fit with full backing from the Saudis. Obviously the delay has resulted in him going to Everton which now leaves him (supposedly) unavailable and the consortium a bit stuck/ on the back foot.

They want someone that will handle the football side, Rafa would have done both the roles of DoF and Manager so I think the 'delay' now is figuring out whether they need one guy or two and whether said guy or guys have the right type of vision and plan for the development of the club as a whole - as Rafa did.

This is why I can't see Fonseca coming unless they have a DoF lined up too who specifically wants him. We're either going to get a Rafa type that will do both jobs or a package a la Overmars and Ten Hag. Either way, I'm happy for them to take their time and who knows, if Everton get spanked again this weekend they might just be a bit more willing to answer the phone.