Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 minute ago, Paulinho said:

England very obviously do have one of the best squads in the world, and this is a fact recognised by football fans across the world. That’s why, for example, England were betting favourites for the Euros in every betting market on Earth. Very thick and boring to pretend it’s a product of “English arrogance”.

Just like you had in the golden generation. It’s a very good squad but don’t half over over do it. They stank the euros out and got lucky with the side of draw.

Anyway this is a Howe discussion 

1 minute ago, gdm said:

There’s that English arrogance. It’s not the best squad in the world :lol:

im sure he said after the World Cup he didn’t want it at this stage of his career I guess it all depends if that’s changed 

I ain’t English, I have always criticise THAT English arrogance as well. But I find it funny that people nowadays take it to the opposite end, tends to underrate the current squad. 

It’s definitely top 3 in the world already, if not the best. Southgate is tactically inept, yet England still able to finish very well the last few tournaments. It’s not just due to luck.

6 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

@worthy Have you created your petition to get Howe the England job yet?

Im already amazed at how many NUFC fans on social media (I know) seem quite happy at the thought of Howe going to England

Just now, jack j said:

Im already amazed at how many NUFC fans on social media (I know) seem quite happy at the thought of Howe going to England

Confident that none of them actually enjoy football or have any understanding of it

I think he'll get the job.......but not yet. He's a very young manager and knows he still can get that job in 10 years time.

He seems very loyal and I honestly believe him wanting a trophy here is just as much as an ambition of him taking the England job.

Win a trophy here and that England job is his as soon as he wants it.

28 minutes ago, Paulinho said:

I agree, and I think the people pretending it’s not at least a very strong possibility are absolutely mad. 

I don't there's a "strong possibility" at all, there's a a chance, but it feels petty remote at this stage.

When was the last time a young manager of a club looking to compete in the top 6 walked out on them to manage a country?

As much as people like to say it is for some reason the England job dosnt have the prestige and pull that it did once upon a time . It will go to someone either out of work or someone already in the England setup.

Sky are now going down the road of Southgate being hard done by and the personal attacks by fans and ex pros being too much.

I'm confused at why people can't want or ask for more.. you should always be pushing for that next step no matter how close you get.

We will never know what a more positive approach would have made to the finals / semi final defeats but I just felt I would prefer to go out on my sword rather than a whimper 

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I don't there's a "strong possibility" at all, there's a a chance, but it feels petty remote at this stage.

Exactly, he's an English manager who is good so he's going to be 'linked' (whatever the fuck that means) but logically he has just started the project of his life here and there's very little chance he's going to walk out on that just before a new season. 

1 minute ago, Geogaddi said:

When was the last time a young manager of a club looking to compete in the top 6 walked out on them to manage a country?

As much as people like to say it is for some reason the England job dosnt have the prestige and pull that it did once upon a time . It will go to someone either out of work or someone already in the England setup.

I'm bored of pointing out that international management isn't for top-tier coaches who have successful club careers. 

16 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Exactly, he's an English manager who is good so he's going to be 'linked' (whatever the fuck that means) but logically he has just started the project of his life here and there's very little chance he's going to walk out on that just before a new season. 

I don't see him going, but there will be a temptation to take charge of the best England squad in ages, and also I guess he could spend more time with his family if he went back down south. So it's not out of the question.

99% sure he doesn't go.

And if the 1% happens, there are very good managers/coaches available who I'd imagine would want to come here, and we have competent people to go and hire one of them.

Life is good.

33 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

When was the last time they were asked?

15 minutes ago, TRon said:

I don't see him going, but there will be a temptation to take charge of the best England squad in ages, and also I guess he could spend more time with his family if he went back down south. So it's not out of the question.

Isn't he a workaholic though? Would be quite a character change to go for a part time job where he can't develop players or see them every day. 

I wonder if being in Germany means they club have released a statement but we're just waiting for time to catch up here, given Germany is an hour ahead.