Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

11 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Pre takeover my first choice was Allegri, no chance given he's at Juve now. Next best thing is Conte. If you gave me a choice of Gerrard, Lampard and Howe I'd pick Howe every time.

Same. In particular I think Lampard would be absolutely insane. Look at what Tuchel has done compared to him. We need the Tuchel, not the Lampard. 

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Same. In particular I think Lampard would be absolutely insane. Look at what Tuchel has done compared to him. We need the Tuchel, not the Lampard. 

Aye, agreed. Live with a Chelsea fan, read the links last night, his first reaction was 'you don't want to be watching Frankball'. Made up my mind. :lol:

31 minutes ago, Foluwashola said:

Really? Gerrard doesn't excite is at all but he's seemingly done a very good job at Rangers, albeit there's only one team to beat. Would probably get the players motivated too.

Definitely don't think he'd be the right long term option like. 

Didn't do Rodgers any harm

Wonder if we're going to need someone on an interim basis who will just ensure we stay up?  And it might need to be some who is used to working with less gifted players than Conte is used to...

But then Howe doesn't strike me as an absolute guarantee against relegation.  In some ways Rafa would be perfect - he has already kept this team up comfortably.

Unsure why some are looking towards Gerrard. He's done 'OK' at Rangers, but it's coincided with Celtic nosediving a bit. Don't think they've even won a cup competition in about 9 attempts. Far better than Lampard, but still.

9 minutes ago, Hughesy said:

Wonder if we're going to need someone on an interim basis who will just ensure we stay up?  And it might need to be some who is used to working with less gifted players than Conte is used to...

But then Howe doesn't strike me as an absolute guarantee against relegation.  In some ways Rafa would be perfect - he has already kept this team up comfortably.

Keegan until summer, then he moves upstairs to help appoint the next manager.

2 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Keegan until summer, then he moves upstairs to help appoint the next manager.

No.

Legend that he is, he is long past managing in the premier league.

Why not just wave a huge fat cheque at Klopp, and see if he's tempted by playing Premier League football with all cheat modes enabled?

Imagine conte on the touch line versus spurs in our first home game under new owners. The roof will fucking cave in. 

maxi scoring to make it 1-0 after 20 mins…

ah dreaming is back. 

I like Gerrard but think he should stay at Rangers a good while yet, many managers have finished themselves jumping at the first big-league offer instead of honing their craft, its all experience for him and he'll experience everything - cup finals, Europe, title races, and winning and losing big games and though he'll need something in a bigger league pre-Liverpool but would feel too steppy-stoney and experimental.

Been that long since I thought about top end managers I've no idea whose available and whose at a club they'd leave.

The assignment would have been absolutely perfect for Rafa, steady building on foundations he built, the only fly in the ointment really.

Would love Keegan to do the recruiting of the manager.

Edited by Wolfcastle

Of course Conte FFS.

The issue is whether we are "there" yet in the minds of the elite managers.

It might take a Gerrard, Rodgers or someone else for 2/3 seasons first. Which is fine by me.

Need to get the club moving again, get a quality base then step up when the time is right.