Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 minute ago, Shearergol said:

Imagine not wanting Conte :lol:

Takes me back to things like Ginola/Robert not tracking back and losing clean-sheets in 6-1 wins.  First world problems

Edited by Wolfcastle

12 months sooner, and Tuchel would’ve fitted perfectly. He won’t be leaving Chelsea any time soon though. Nagelsmann would’ve been a close second but he won’t be leaving Bayern either. Anyone know any up and coming young managers with similar abilities? 
What would people think about Southgate?  

1 hour ago, lovejoy said:

Craig Hope reckons frank mcparland was here last night and is in the frame to be involved.

He's very much Rafa's man.

That's encouraging but I think the chances of Rafa leaving Everton after only three months is really remote. He's principled and has said previously how happy he is with the project and long term ambitions of the owner - walking out on them just doesn't seem like something he'd do. Why couldn't he just have waited a few months man :lol:

3 minutes ago, Manxst said:

12 months sooner, and Tuchel would’ve fitted perfectly. He won’t be leaving Chelsea any time soon though. Nagelsmann would’ve been a close second but he won’t be leaving Bayern either. Anyone know any up and coming young managers with similar abilities? 

@Yorkie would cream himself silly.

Not at club level for me. Good international manager, leave it at that.

Southgate can fuck right off. Terrible club manager and on paper he's done great with England side but he's got more talent than a Brazilian beach, he's still made some poor decisions.

12 minutes ago, Manxst said:

I really liked Marco Rose but he's just gone to Dortmund this season. Managers at a club, Rodgers has been linked but I know a few Leicester fans down here and they think he's gonna be here for another couple seasons yet in spite of their shit start this season. Benitez won't leave Everton, love the guy but he won't, plus I want a completely clean slate at the club now, Benitez included. Love Allegri, won't leave Juve for us though. :lol: 

Think our most realistic options are still out of work managers. Conte the dream choice, Howe the more mundane though I'd still take him.

31 minutes ago, STM said:

Southgate can fuck right off. Terrible club manager and on paper he's done great with England side but he's got more talent than a Brazilian beach, he's still made some poor decisions.

he's to negative and cautious and i think he's underacheived. 

should have reached the wc final (but not neccessarily win it) and should have won the euros if he'd been more tactically aware.

31 minutes ago, STM said:

he's to negative and cautious and i think he's underacheived. 

should have reached the wc final (but not neccessarily win it) and should have won the euros if he'd been more tactically aware.

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

Would absolutely take Southgate. 

I think managers fit certain jobs; Benitez fits clubs like us, Liverpool, Everton etc. Allegri fits Juve, Klopp fits Liverpool. Southgate fits England very well, not us imo.

I'd be astounded if they haven't got anybody lined up - they're sure to have been speaking to agents/managers for a few weeks indicating this was close and establishing interest in the job.

I'll be shocked if Bruce is here by Sunday evening. I wouldn't even let him empty his desk, fuck him.