Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

13 minutes ago, J7 said:

He ran out of ideas today and that’s worrying. It ended up a bit of a disjointed mess.

No it didn't. We were on top most of the game and controlled the game actually.  We were very unlucky I thought.

Just now, ExiledGeordie said:

Some people really calling for him to go already, I’ve seen this in another chat. Talk about knee jerk ffs 😂

isak puts his chance away and we go on to get 3 or 4 i reckon.

2 hours ago, Danh1 said:

Anyone who has the misfortune of following me on Twitter will know I’m not a fan of Mr Hurst, but he’s spot on here

Fuck Alex Hurst. I'd rather shove a hot poker in me bellend than listen to anything that cunts got to say

1 hour ago, Erikse said:

Not sure what to think of our strategy so far. In one way it seems like we should have been more concerned about depth, but at the same time some of the top signings have been a great success for the price. It seems like our (allowed) spending power has gone down way before we were finished building the team that we were trying to build, but you could put that down lack of sales aswell. Feels like PSR is making it tighter and tighter for us in each passing window. If we go for a big money signing in the next 2 windows, and it doesn't hit the mark, it would be a disaster with PSR. I think the biggest worry for me is the aging squad, like we're going to have so many players to replace. We're still struggling to adapt to playing without Trippier alone, and we can't even get a fee for him. Getting a little bit off topic, but here we are.

The individual signings are good. But strategically it doesn’t make any sense given FFP. And neither did chasing Guehi.  

I don't have any complains with Eddie team selection wise. The problem is the squad and the disastrous summer window. We all knew a lot had to be done, what we don't really know is to what extent Eddie was responsible for what happened, or not happened. Hard not to think about what that Bournemouth fan said on here about Eddie's unwillingness to change personell, though.

4 minutes ago, Collage said:

I don't have any complains with Eddie team selection wise. The problem is the squad and the disastrous summer window. We all knew a lot had to be done, what we don't really know is to what extent Eddie was responsible for what happened, or not happened. Hard not to think about what that Bournemouth fan said on here about Eddie's unwillingness to change personell, though.

Any idea what the poster was called? I’d be keen to read that 

I don’t think he should go but I think it’s naive to think his future won’t become a serious conversation if things don’t change.

We haven’t played well at all this season, it’s felt like results would catch up to performances and they are starting to. It doesn’t feel like we are just going to click into true form, that typically takes time, and by the time we get there it feels like we might at least be heading to a place where we find out if the owners want to get a true big name manager in, Eddie is heading to a place where he could be pretty vulnerable. 

Edited by JEToon

4 minutes ago, lovejoy said:

Any idea what the poster was called? I’d be keen to read that 

Googled and found it. cherryred is the poster. Reading it now, that bit about him being a control freak is also very interesting thinking about the summer window and him working with Mitchell.

8 minutes ago, Collage said:

Googled and found it. cherryred is the poster. Reading it now, that bit about him being a control freak is also very interesting thinking about the summer window and him working with Mitchell.

Thanks mate

Think it runs a lot deeper than simply saying we dominated today and were unlucky, we look very predictable and not sure we have personnel to fix this easily.

My gut feeling is that Howe has taken us as far as he can, I thought he made right call today dropping Barnes, but ultimately every manager is judged in their transfer business and spending circa 100 million on Hall, Barnes and Tino wasn’t the right call and it’s biting him on the arse.

In comparison the business Emery has done at Villa looks much smarter and they currently look streets ahead of us.

2 hours ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Barnes took a minor knock in training last week.

Thanks, I was genuinely asking because I didn't know if I had missed something. Seemed like such a strange decision from the outside without any real context.

2 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

The individual signings are good. But strategically it doesn’t make any sense given FFP. And neither did chasing Guehi.  

Which is also why I get a bit annoyed about the standard "isn't elite enough" type of comments everytime we are after a player in the £20-30m price range, just because the player wouldn't be a starter for the top teams. Sometimes there's some truth to it, but it feels like there's very high expectations for what type of signings we can do aswell.

Edited by Erikse

38 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Think it runs a lot deeper than simply saying we dominated today and were unlucky, we look very predictable and not sure we have personnel to fix this easily.

My gut feeling is that Howe has taken us as far as he can, I thought he made right call today dropping Barnes, but ultimately every manager is judged in their transfer business and spending circa 100 million on Hall, Barnes and Tino wasn’t the right call and it’s biting him on the arse.

In comparison the business Emery has done at Villa looks much smarter and they currently look streets ahead of us.

Could you elaborate? I'm a bit confused as to why he did (unless there was a knock), but he must have had a reason for it. I just don't see how benching our best(?) and most efficient player so far this season is the solution to anything. I would almost go as far as benching Gordon over him considering current form. Obviously I'd just play Gordon right instead.

Edited by Erikse