Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 minute ago, Rich said:

Howay.

I’d love to be wrong but if we were linked to the Everton manager who’d put in the recent performances that we have seen i think a few would be asking questions.

:lol: An incredible case study in what quickly happens when football fans used to having nothing suddenly have the prospect of getting everything they've ever dreamt of. 

Some people are probably going to find out that they're just unhappy.

1 minute ago, Sima said:

I’d love to be wrong but if we were linked to the Everton manager who’d put in the recent performances that we have seen i think a few would be asking questions.

How can you go from being the best manager we’ve had since Bobby to being “finished” in a few years, though? He’s made two highly questionable career choices in a row mind, no doubt about that.

I’m absolutely convinced Martinez would be a disaster considering where we are and what we need to do over the next few months. That fluke FA Cup win really does mask a painfully average record.

In Premier League he has finished 16th, 16th, 15th and 18th with Wigan (for context, Bruce finished 11th the year before RM joined) then 5th, 11th and 12th with Everton. In his first season he inherited an incredibly disciplined back line - one of the best in the league - and only conceded 39 goals. The year after they conceded 48, the year he was sacked 55.

I don’t think a fashionable continental coach is a guarantee of success but his record absolutely pales in comparison to someone like Favre.

1 minute ago, Rich said:

How can you go from being the best manager we’ve had since Bobby to being “finished” in a few years, though? He’s made two highly questionable career choices in a row mind, no doubt about that.

Honestly? I don’t know.

But as mentioned elsewhere it rarely works second time around.  I’ll always love the job he did first time around so wouldn’t want him to tarnish that if he didn’t live up to expectations.

4 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

If your options are Rafa, Fonseca, Emery or ten Hag, who are you choosing?

Rafa

For the whole project, not just his management skills 

Just now, Rich said:

I know both know what you mean by highly questionable career choices but also think its a harsh assessment. Rafa has always come across as the type of manager that just enjoys his job and wants to work. I reckon he's also clever enough to understand that managers, and especially managers of his age, would damage their chances of future bigger jobs if they're out of work for any period of time. I'd agree that when it comes to his standing, these last 2 clubs would affect that though.  

I do think he's been a bit naive in taking the Everton job, mind. For all his good intentions I'm sure. Its a colossal ask given the level he'd have to maintain to be accepted. Understandably.