Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Just now, nbthree3 said:

Mirror going with the Emery line - and not quoting another article crucially https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/newcastle-new-manager-unai-emery-25352368

Newcastle plan to announce their new manager this week with Unai Emery emerging as the latest leading contender.

Ex-Arsenal boss Emery, who lifted the Europa League last season with Villareal, has been one of the few names to gain support across the ownership structure.

Others, including Paulo Fonseca, Roberto Martinez and Lucien Favre and Eddie Howe, have all split opinion.

Jesus, being a journo these days must be absolutely stealing a living.

Does anyone else find it odd the source is constantly feeling the need to brief the media that its definitely not Fonseca?

'We're getting close, I don't want to rule anyone in or out at this stage, except Fonseca. It's definitely not that handsome bastard!'

1 minute ago, Bintang said:

I was all for giving it time but now I think we need to get this done quickly. We now have Spurs looking for a new manager. There is a really big chance that Manchester United will be joining us soon. 

Spurs have their new manager, no need to worry.

3 minutes ago, Bintang said:

I was all for giving it time but now I think we need to get this done quickly. We now have Spurs looking for a new manager. There is a really big chance that Manchester United will be joining us soon. 

And Everton…. 🤞🙏😂

I wonder how a final decision is made currently if they all have differing opinions? Eventually when people are in place it will probably be the sporting director in terms of footballing decisions, but till then any idea how it will work ?

Guest reefatoon
Just now, SUPERTOON said:

I wonder how a final decision is made currently if they all have differing opinions? Eventually when people are in place it will probably be the sporting director in terms of footballing decisions, but till then any idea how it will work ?

It’s decided by a fight to the death. That’s why Jamie Reuben was missing at the match.

4 hours ago, STM said:

BTW, it's nice to see things really calmed down in here since I went out to graft this morning. [emoji38]

You guys are mental. :lol: wouldn't swap you for the world.

Yes. We should remember that the undue calmness and bed-wetting debate has replaced not caring about losing, getting relegated and knowing that whoever the head-lackey is really makes no difference at all.

Every other post woul have been 'who gives a f**k?' a month ago

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Currently I think it will be the Chairman making the final decision based on the recommendations of the other consortium members/advisers. You would hope the consortium members/advisors have came to a consensus. In future it will be the DOF.

5 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

**pastes mbs.gif**

Certainly when I think about it, I recall no good Martinez footballing display against us over the years.

Not Allardyce/Bruce stuff by any stretch of the imagination but nothing that stood out as being anything at all.

The cup final however seemed very well managed in his defence but he's not applied it since that I've seen.

He'd be/have been a step forward for us, but I think its an appointment we could have made under Ashley, so should be beyond that now.

1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

Emery is the right choice Imo, or nuno. Someone who will make us hard to beat 

I'd get Nuno in right now. We are going to need to be patient and not expect the very top level players and manager right away. We have the money but we will need to get in that one level lower than the elite and establish ourselves a top 6/8 side before we move on to attracting the huge names. It takes time. 14 years of shite can't be washed away overnight.