Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 minute ago, Unbelievable said:

Just feel the Ajax squad is flattering him like it flattered Bosz and De Boer before him. Also doesn’t strike me as the type of character who would shine abroad for some reason.

Good points imo 

Just now, Unbelievable said:

Just feel the Ajax squad is flattering him like it flattered Bosz and De Boer before him. Also doesn’t strike me as the type of character who would shine abroad for some reason.

Fair enough- thanks for the reply. You don’t think his Champions League exploits or Bayern II job suggest he’d be a success elsewhere then? 

Just now, CFlan said:

Said it here from the outset, I have no desire for Rafa to return and I’ll actually be disappointed if he does. I want a completely fresh start from all that went before. 

Imagine if he took us down again 

Just now, STM said:

I really worry that some are excited about Fonseca, based on very little.

Both Caulkin and Hope are adamant it isn't Fonseca anyway.

Why do you worry about what other fans might think, despite not having much knowledge of Fonseca. 

8 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

If your options are Rafa, Fonseca, Emery or ten Hag, who are you choosing?

Ten Hag is my first choice, but don't think he will come.

My second choice would be Fonseca. A manager who wants to attack could be a big hit with the fans. We haven't had an attacking team sience Robson I think. Fonseca also really seems to want the job.

Just now, Ikon said:

Why do you worry about what other fans might think, despite not having much knowledge of Fonseca. 

Well OK then, I'm not worried at all, I just think there's a solid chance they are wrong.

I will happily admit I don't know alot about him but I suspect alot of others don't too.

His track record is very average.

Convince me I'm wrong?

Just now, STM said:

Well OK then, I'm not worried at all, I just think there's a solid chance they are wrong.

I will happily admit I don't know alot about him but I suspect alot of others don't too.

Convince me I'm wrong?

I have no reason to convince you. 

Just now, STM said:

Convince me I'm wrong?

For me it’s a case of I would rather risk it on someone I don’t know who might be a success, rather on someone I know who I strongly believe will fail miserably.

2 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

I think though fundamentally every squad makes the manager. Pep even said it last week. 

Of course, but at Ajax it goes a bit further than that. Strategy and style of play is non-negotiable, and you’re pretty much guaranteed a never ending supply of wonderkids and by far the biggest transfer kitty in the country. They can shine in Europe because they only play one or two really tough games a month as opposed to per week.

i don’t know, he’s done a very good job, but I just don’t trust him to fail badly when he takes a high profile job abroad. I’d rather someone with more experience at this level and someone who can build all aspects of the club simultaneously, what with where we are as a club currently.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

For me it’s a case of I would rather risk it on someone I don’t know who might be a success, rather on someone I know who I strongly believe will fail miserably.

That's fair enough but at least you are prepared to accept the unknown quantity. Which was my point.

Emery - Seems the best of the lot. Got Premier League experience, won a load across Europe.

Rafa - He knows the squad. Reckon he could come in and get a tune out of them in relatively short order. I think it would end in tears though eventually.

Ten Haag - The same rules applies to managers as it does players when it comes to the Eredivise. There has to be a massive asterisk beside their name.

Fonseca - I don’t think he’s done enough to warrant the fascination posters seem to have with him.

1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

Yeah that’s totally fair, perhaps it is only the squad but he has to mould them and that isn’t always easy. There’s a fair argument to be made that outside of the elite, managers don’t really matter imo  

he’s done a very good job moulding the squad and keeping the players happy and motivated. In a sense I believe he’d be a better prospect for a bigger club with a stronger squad. He’d be an easier fit at Man City replacing Pep when he leaves for example than to have to get a tune out of the likes of Dummett and Krafth :lol:

4 minutes ago, STM said:

That's fair enough but at least you are prepared to accept the unknown quantity. Which was my point.

Yeah absolutely if it’s Fonseca or Favre or even Ten Hag I will be going in blind.

Mainly the reason I want Emery tbh I know enough about him to be confident he will be a success.

1 minute ago, STM said:

Then stop talking to me. [emoji38]

Wtf are you on about :lol: I simply asked you what you meant with being worried about other fans regarding PF. Because I didn't quite get what you were implying towards or what you meant.

You are the one who asked me to convince you that you were wrong :lol: I wasn't even questioning anything, nor have a reason to say you are right/wrong.