Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

13 minutes ago, huss9 said:

i think there's gonna be some attempt at face-saving from the club now.

we'll get more leaks about how great his interview was and how some board members preferred him as first choice

For strengths he just said  “Managing”

2 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

Howe keeps us up. And he will for the season or two he gets after.

All the while we are building up the club's infrastructure so we can get the top candidates once we move on from Howe.

It's not sparkling and covered in excitement but it's really not the end of the world like some of y'all are making it out to be.

100%, if he keeps us up this season and we consolidate next, he will have done the job we need him too.

1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

The tactics video is cool, but when Bournemouth starting losing the plot, he couldn't fix it. They got worse and worse

They were fairly consistent in terms of points, goal difference and all that stuff until that final season tbf. He blames injuries and moving away from the attacking style they wanted to play because of that, and struggled to get it back. I'd go along with that despite not knowing much else. Howe's an ok appointment, just not the best one we could make.

9 minutes ago, hakka said:

Good and solid? Then why hasn't he been considered for other sides like Palace, Watford, Everton, Wolves etc. 

Just reeks of scraping the barrel of managers that are better than Bruce, so hopefully can keep us up. Massive job for him, very different to the Bournemouth challenge which eventually he oversaw his own demise.

I probably would be happy if in an alternative universe where we weren't taken over if Ashley just sacked Bruce and brought in Howe. It's just in this one where we have it seems a huge climb down to Howe.

I can't get behind good and solid describing Howe, but more than happy for him to prove me wrong. Times running out so I'll get behind Howe as experienced bur with risk.

I felt whoever we got they needed November and December to sort out squad and prepare for what they want to change in January.

I just don't buy that leaving a League Two team in the Championship after taking them to and keeping them in the PL for 5 years is 'overseeing his own demise'. Most managers don't end on a high - his end was still way higher than where he found them, he completely transformed the club. I really feel like I must be missing something to keep seeing this repeated. 

24 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Howe would be a “fine alternative” to Jones eh? Exciting times indeed. A ringing endorsement right there 

The so-called richest club in the world considering a ‘fine alternative’ to a bloke fucked off by Luton Town.

Halcyon days.

2 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

The tactics video is cool, but when Bournemouth starting losing the plot, he couldn't fix it. They got worse and worse

I don’t know the ins and outs of what happened in the last season but I’ve watched a couple of interviews today snd he reckons loads of injuries and just weren’t able to play their normal game and eventually lost its spark. Not sure how true thst is, probably need a Bournemouth fan to go in depth. 

Missing out on Emery is a blow, particularly in the way it transpired, but honestly I'm glad just to be caring.

As for Howe, he's a promising, studious and very dignified manager who's already achieved an awful lot in the game. He's also been patient and, I assume, thoughtful, about his next job, which is a good thing if he's coming here, because it suggests genuine compatibility. 

He doesn't have the stardust of the likes of Emery and admittedly it's a bit of a comedown, but a short one. What I've just described there is a universe away from what we've come out of, not to mention the fact he would be appointed because they think he can make us successful!

I honestly don't think this squad needs much, it's got lots of good players, it just needs dragging into shape quickly. 

If Howe's the man, then bring it on. I think he'd do well here. 

1 minute ago, Inferior Acuña said:

I just don't buy that leaving a League Two team in the Championship after taking them to and keeping them in the PL for 5 years is 'overseeing his own demise'. Most managers don't end on a high - his end was still way higher than where he found them, he completely transformed the club. I really feel like I must be missing something to keep seeing this repeated. 

His relegation season was terrible and he has to own that. As much as he deserves credit for taking them up to the top and holding them there as well.

2 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

They had some pretty bad losing streaks iirc, like 5/6 games ones, making up the points at the tail end of the season

If it is Howe, be interesting If he can handle the difference in pressure between a club like Bournemouth and us. No way are streaks like that going to be accepted.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

Fuck it- get Gerrard. Don’t care if he fucks off to Liverpool in a year or three. By then he’ll have done the job and we can move on to better anyway. Much more of a pull than Howe and I’d like to think has more experience about putting the infrastructure in place, having been there as a player under various world class managers. 

1 minute ago, Sima said:

The so-called richest club in the world considering a ‘fine alternative’ to a bloke fucked off by Luton Town.

Halcyon days.

That's a misreading of the sentence. I'm confident it meant fine alternative to Emery. I can see how appending it to same sentence talking about Jones made it ambiguous. 

Looking for positives if it does end up being Howe - he's got experience with working under similar facilities as we currently own, he's got experience of the league, he already knows some of the players. I mean, maybe we've all just got a bit carried away with thinking that money could instantly solve everything and bring in the best non-playing and playing staff. To be honest, there's so much work to be done, our current infrastructure, our club, is in such a mess, we're so behind that it's going to take more time that we'd tricked ourselves into thinking. The new owners aren't Ashley, they've got lots of money and they want to win in the long run, I think some people need to cut them some slack, they're very new to owning a football club and it'll take some learning through mistakes on their part most likely. I think the key is that we concentrate on their long-term vision, this season was always a right off and if next season is as well then so what, some of the games I enjoyed most in recent years were when we were actually winning most games in our attempt to come back up from the championship anyways. We'll get it right, we just need to be patient.

Just now, Manxst said:

Fuck it- get Gerrard. Don’t care if he fucks off to Liverpool in a year or three. By then he’ll have done the job and we can move on to better anyway. Much more of a pull than Howe and I’d like to think has more experience about putting the infrastructure in place, having been there as a player under various world class managers. 

Has an excellent number 2 aswell who is very highly regarded in coaching circles.

Out of the domestic candidates he’s the one I’d go for.

It's going to be hard to find a manager who doesn't have some sort of failure in their history. Obviously a different level, but Emery also couldn't get Arsenal out of winless streak and by most accounts had totally lost the locker room by the end. 

15 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

For all we know he hasn’t been applying for those jobs. 

Or maybe he applied for them all and failed. Or maybe nobody called for him as they thought he wasn't good enough. It's a whataboutery sort of answer as will never know, but it is odd how nobody from the PL has gone for him despite some feeling he is "solid and good" PL manager. 

Edited by hakka