Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Just now, huss9 said:

i think there's gonna be some attempt at face-saving from the club now.

we'll get more leaks about how great his interview was and how some board members preferred him as first choice

Literally that telegraph article said this 

Just now, Shearergol said:

oh, you’re not asking in hindsight? I’d say if we have a chance of getting Pep in 3 weeks we should wait for that.

That's what I mesn though. With hindsight you'd obviously say Howe, but at the time they may have thought they could land a Ten Hag or an Emery.

4 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I don’t see how it has taken 3 weeks to know emery doesn’t want it tbh

I think he did want it until we applied too much pressure on him to give an immediate answer, from what I understand?

We basically got too needy and desperate and pushed him away.

Just now, The Prophet said:

That's what I mesn though. With hindsight you'd obviously say Howe, but at the time they may have thought they could land a Ten Hag or an Emery.

again, my only issue is the media coverage yesterday. I have no issues with the timescales of getting a new manager in place. If we could get Rafa in December I’d wait rather than bringing Howe in, but that’s unlikely isn’t it.

bring Howe in, if he’s rubbish just sack him. Easy.

8 minutes ago, PeepShow4life said:

Howe wouldn't have came here under Ashley in a million years.

Howe wouldn't be nowhere near my first choice and his reign at Bournemouth didn't end the best but I feel he has potential as a manager and would do better than people think.

I think it was great we went for Emery but I'm not surprised he turned it down considering where we currently are in the league and his current team are in the Champions League.

Hopefully if Howe does come in, we can get a good DOF in to make the signings (Howe's weak point) and get a good defensive coach in too.

I think he probably would. He wasn't exactly inundated with better offers. 

6 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Shouldn’t every manager getting interviewed for a top job have a detailed plan of what they’d do? Isn’t that how it works?

You are right but do you reckon Btuce is capable of putting a presentation/plan together?

Just now, The Prophet said:

I think Howe would be a good, solid appointment. It would just a bit disappointing after we thought we had Emery in the bag.

Good and solid? Then why hasn't he been considered for other sides like Palace, Watford, Everton, Wolves etc. 

Just reeks of scraping the barrel of managers that are better than Bruce, so hopefully can keep us up. Massive job for him, very different to the Bournemouth challenge which eventually he oversaw his own demise.

I probably would be happy if in an alternative universe where we weren't taken over if Ashley just sacked Bruce and brought in Howe. It's just in this one where we have it seems a huge climb down to Howe.

I can't get behind good and solid describing Howe, but more than happy for him to prove me wrong. Times running out so I'll get behind Howe as experienced bur with risk.

I felt whoever we got they needed November and December to sort out squad and prepare for what they want to change in January.

Just now, Geordie Ahmed said:

You are right but do you reckon Btuce is capable of putting a presentation/plan together?

I think we can move on from the days of managers with no plans. That’s my point. Surely everyone we interview will do the same?

3 minutes ago, hakka said:

Good and solid? Then why hasn't he been considered for other sides like Palace, Watford, Everton, Wolves etc. 

Just reeks of scraping the barrel of managers that are better than Bruce, so hopefully can keep us up. Massive job for him, very different to the Bournemouth challenge which eventually he oversaw his own demise.

I probably would be happy if in an alternative universe where we weren't taken over if Ashley just sacked Bruce and brought in Howe. It's just in this one where we have it seems a huge climb down to Howe.

I can't get behind good and solid describing Howe, but more than happy for him to prove me wrong. Times running out so I'll get behind Howe as experienced bur with risk.

I felt whoever we got they needed November and December to sort out squad and prepare for what they want to change in January.

For all we know he hasn’t been applying for those jobs. 

Eddie Howe now on the drift in the betting , I called it through the night on Emery not coming.

Howes not coming either , out to 5/4 

where’s Jk [emoji38]

Edited by GWN

As I have said a few times, I personally think Howe would be a good and solid appointment, he plays a decent brand of football, comes across really well, clearly wants the job, and has a decent acumen in the job he did with Bournemouth, which people seem to weirdly sleep on. I've always thought he would be a decent fit here under the right owners, even when he was still at Bournemouth. I also believe he is a coach that could evolve and progress with the club as we hopefully go up the league. I can understand the disappointment of Emery not coming here, he is a top class Champions League manager, but realistically, we're 19th in the Premier League 6 points adrift of safety, there needs to be a bit of a rain check of what we can currently do. Is Howe the most attractive name in the world, probably not, does that make him a bad appointment, not in the slightest. 

Also, the club have clearly taken there time to interview a lot of different managers to make sure they have the right fit in place, and if Howe was the one to be at the top of that list, then he clearly has something about him, and that itself should put a few peoples mind at ease. 

2 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

I think we can move on from the days of managers with no plans. That’s my point. Surely everyone we interview will do the same?

I would hope its the minimum but with Charnley supposedly leading interviews/negotiations I'm not so sure 

not keen on howe, but the other way to look at it is he may have stayed too long, got into a rut and couldnt get himself out.

he's had time off to recouperate and analyse where it may have gone wrong.

new set of players (admittedly shit) and a new environment may be just what he needs.

10 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Shouldn’t every manager getting interviewed for a top job have a detailed plan of what they’d do? Isn’t that how it works?

They should, but I bet they don't, at least not those that come off the back of a massive reputation, I bet Conte wouldn't (I kind of see him as laid back in a chair, with a fag on, looking like he's sitting outside a continental bistro :lol: )

I think appointing Howe confirms relegation this season , was always going to be hard to stay up due to the mess we are in but I thought if we got a half decent manager in we had a chance, especially as he would be able to attract better players in January. I think Howe kills that and lessens us being able to attract some good players in January.

Howe keeps us up. And he will for the season or two he gets after.

All the while we are building up the club's infrastructure so we can get the top candidates once we move on from Howe.

It's not sparkling and covered in excitement but it's really not the end of the world like some of y'all are making it out to be.