Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

I don't think it's anything to do with our attraction. It's alot of bad luck:

Rodgers: Not surprisingly won't leave Leicester, not our fault.

Ten Hag: Won't leave Ajax, probably has sights on a champions league club.

Rafa: 6 months too late, probably 6 months too soon too.

Pochettino: Like Rafa, was probably an option had the takeover happened at another time.

Emery: Not willing to leave a champions league club.

I don't think Conte, Zidane were ever realistic right now. They want instant success and aren't prepared to build.

That leaves us with alot of C list foreign managers like Fonseca, Favre, AVB, Martinez etc. Whilst they may come good, I can see why the club is reluctant to take the risk on them.

So that leaves Howe, who may also be C list but has the potential to take the same trajectory as someone like Rodgers. If Howe has bode his time and waited for the right job, rather than being a journeyman, I rate that.

Again Howe wouldn't have been my first choice but it is where we are. Six months either side and things would have been different.

The timing is really shite, if this was in the summer things would be very different. 

I'm just thinking about 4 weeks ago we had Ashley as owner with Bruce as manager, we are already in a much better position, I'm willing to give these guys time to get a manager in. 

Just now, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

Give it to Allardyce until the end of the season and if he keeps us up give him such a handsome reward that he never has to manage any football club ever again.

Then appoint Benitez.

I'd rather get relegated than have that grotesque cunt in our dugout.

3 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

This has just been a total shitshow. Whoever is leaking stories needs to fuck off.

April/May 2020 - "Its gonna go through, no red flags." It didn't go through. 

October 2021 - "We're gonna sack Bruce." They didn't, left him for one more embarrassing defeat to a shit Spurs team. Then again, Jones would probably have done no better.

November 2021 - "Emery is #1 choice and he's agreed to come, be in for Brighton on Saturday." Day later he stays at Villarreal. 

What a fucking joke.

Jamie Reuban’s?

3 minutes ago, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

Give it to Allardyce until the end of the season and if he keeps us up give him such a handsome reward that he never has to manage any football club ever again.

Then appoint Benitez.

Allardyce just took West Brom down last season :lol:

The chances of it not being Martinez of Howe now are basically zero. We had a month to sort through every manager in the world and we came up with someone who didn’t want to come, Howe and Martinez. 

I find the fonseca thing incredibly strange. There has to be an off the books reason why he isn’t even being considered. 

11 minutes ago, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

Then appoint Benitez.

Big Sam has had enough of them over the years, he failed at WBA last season and I don't want that fella anywhere near my club.

3 minutes ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

The chances of it not being Martinez of Howe now are basically zero. We had a month to sort through every manager in the world and we came up with someone who didn’t want to come, Howe and Martinez. 

I find the fonseca thing incredibly strange. There has to be an off the books reason why he isn’t even being considered. 

Makes pretty grim reading 

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Makes pretty grim reading 

It’s grim indeed and there is zero point in convincing ourselves that it is actually fine. That being said this is a month into them owning a football club for the very first time and expectations need to stay in line with the reality that we have amateurs running the football until we don’t. 

Emery snubbing us is a perfect microcosm of what the situation actually is, versus what we want to convince ourselves it is. 

13 minutes ago, STM said:

I don't think it's anything to do with our attraction. It's alot of bad luck:

Rodgers: Not surprisingly won't leave Leicester, not our fault.

Ten Hag: Won't leave Ajax, probably has sights on a champions league club.

Rafa: 6 months too late, probably 6 months too soon too.

Pochettino: Like Rafa, was probably an option had the takeover happened at another time.

Emery: Not willing to leave a champions league club.

I don't think Conte, Zidane were ever realistic right now. They want instant success and aren't prepared to build.

That leaves us with alot of C list foreign managers like Fonseca, Favre, AVB, Martinez etc. Whilst they may come good, I can see why the club is reluctant to take the risk on them.

So that leaves Howe, who may also be C list but has the potential to take the same trajectory as someone like Rodgers. If Howe has bode his time and waited for the right job, rather than being a journeyman, I rate that.

Again Howe wouldn't have been my first choice but it is where we are. Six months either side and things would have been different.

Probably the nicest way to frame it all. Today has broke me a little. Just thought a few weeks would all they would have needed to get right infrastructure in and the best possible manager. I know it's a big ask, but it feels like they are a bit more clueless as owners than I expected.

Howe... It feels like scraping the barrel and still could be a relegation. Howe is nothing better than what we could have attracted under Ashley and that's why it feels like a underwhelming appointment if it happens. Holding out for a suprise name to appear instead that is better, but suspect Howe is end of this pursuit. Have to pray he can win squad over and make it work.

30 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

DoF appointment -> head coach appointment seems to be the way things should've gone.

Everyone wanted Bruce gone asap and with good reason.

They couldn't prioritise a DoF appointment when there is so much pressure to sack Bruce & then attempt bring in a top class manager quickly. All that whilst losing games.