Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

16 minutes ago, mouldy_uk said:

Personally think he’s bottled it and isn’t the man for us. I’ve got no doubt he indicated he wanted to come, then on reflection has opted for the safe option.

This is now the biggest project in football and if he’s comfortable with his lot he’s not the man for us.

I'm at the stage now where I'm happy to see any manager with an actual plan come in. Someone else said that Howe would be the second best manager we've had come in for 15 years. I'm looking forward to getting behind him and the team, let's fucking go.

I’d have got rid of a Bruce, Jones and Charnley on day one, but the biggest immediate obstacle was Bruce and he is now history, Jones may yet prove useful at some point under a new manager so I’m relaxed about that and Charnley, I simply don’t care. We have our club back, take deep breaths and chill. In one month we are a million years (I’m obviously exaggerating, but you get my drift) ahead of where we were in the final days of Ashley and Bruce and where we have been in 14 years save the odd lowlights… 

10 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Fair point I just think we are that poor the extra week could prove key considering the games coming up and the need to get at least 7 points from them 

Well of course, the longer they have the better. But I won’t be panicking / getting angry about it for another 10 days or so yet.

1 hour ago, sacred said:

Hallo Schade, dass Favre für Sie kein Thema mehr ist. Auch wenn er keine Erfahrung in der Premier League hat, ist er taktisch einer der Besten. Der Fußball, den er spielen lässt, ist eine starke Defensive mit schnellem Spiel nach vorne. In Dortmund hatte die Abwehr Probleme, es gab viele individuelle Fehler von Spielern während des Spiels. Das Spiel nach vorne war sehr gut mit vielen Toren. Um auf den Punkt zu kommen, braucht favre die richtigen Spieler für sein Spielsystem und er hatte sie in Dortmund nicht in der Defensive. Ich denke, er könnte in Newcastle einen Unterschied machen.

Danke freund

1 minute ago, cookidge said:

I'm at the stage now where I'm happy to see any manager with an actual plan come in. Someone else said that Howe would be the second best manager we've had come in for 15 years. I'm looking forward to getting behind him and the team, let's fucking go.

That says more about the last 15 years than it does about Howe 

20 minutes ago, Bishops Finger said:

It's been well proven that Keegan's defence wasn't half as bad as most make out. As usual it's just lazy journalism. Yeah he liked to play attacking football but the defence wasn't too bad and I'd say if we had of had Schmichael in goal we'd have been a lot better

Aye the age old myth that Man United with Pallister and Bruce had a solid defence whilst ours was apparently a mess (in particular Darren Peacock getting singled out) when in reality the 95-96 season we only conceded two more goals than Man United.

Good article by Hope - really can't do anything else - made a tremendous offer to Emery and it all seemed like he was ready to make it work and then he changed his mind last minute. Happens in football. WIsh it didn't get played out in public, but that's neither here nor there. Regardless of the leak, he ultimately decided to stick around after a think, a convo, and a 2-0 win in the CL.

I'm still bummed over this as I've said before - and I just hope we can get the right man in sooner than later. 

By the way, I read it was Charnley handling the contract stuff in terms of administrative with the legal folks. The core deal points, selling the vision etc was done by our Board. 

The hysteria here is embarrasing. Pointing fingers left and right and blaming Jamie or Amanda, etc....give it a rest. 

7 minutes ago, Awaymag said:

They had better learn quick and well.   This briefing the press before things are signed off, will be their downfall, if they are not careful.    Just go with little updates like - process if going well and we hope to make offer/appoint manager in near future.   Then the next update is the actual announcement.  It manages the news vacuum without actually giving anything away.  Also would like the club to say whilst press speculation on names is unavoidable, no names or candidates will be divulged by the club during the process.

Straight bat - manages expectations and basically tells the fans that NUFC will announce things, not press!

You learn on your feet, I’m sure they will. We need to also learn as fans that this is a long term project and the damage of 14 years of Ashley has pretty much broken everything at our club and us as fans, again, chill, breath, great days are ahead of us. Howe or Emery. Relegation or not. Jones for 4 games or not. 

Edited by HTT II

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

That says more about the last 15 years than it does about Howe 

It does, but as long as each appointment is better than the last then hopefully good things will happen more often than not.

31 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Is there a rush for Saturday like? Either way a new manager isn’t going to make any difference in that space of time.

I’d rather they take a few days to really grasp the correct next step, rather than just going for Howe just to get someone in ASAP.

I hate the argument in the first paragraph... Surely if you leave it this weekend because there's not enough time to make a difference, then you can just say the same next week? 

51 minutes ago, dazzanufc1892 said:

I love how people on here laugh at Sunderland and their nostalgia for former managers and players. Yet many go on about Keegan like he won the league 4 times over. When the truth is he walked out as soon as the going got tough, same with England, same with Fulham.

Dog dirt 

The last 3-4 weeks have really highlighted to me the reason why other fans look at our fan base as one with a delusion of grandeur. It’s been embarrassing on this board at times.

These few weeks were always going to be hugely difficult. No football structure in place. Skeleton staff. New owners with big ambitions for a club currently on its knees. (Some) Fans with expectations of huge name managers wanting to take on a challenge that is polar opposite of what they’re used to.

The only thing the owners (or certain people close to the club) have been guilty of, in my eyes, are leaking certain bits of info without it being 100%. That’s naivety and comes across a little amateur. But they are new to this and will learn.

In terms of what we actually know…the process, them looking for DoF etc, I don’t think the decisions have been wrong. Just perhaps played out in public too much.

But a decent amount of fans have been pathetically embarrassing. Expecting huge names, impatience, the lot.

Rome wasn’t built in a day.

1 minute ago, Shadow Puppets said:

The last 3-4 weeks have really highlighted to me the reason why other fans look at our fan base as one with a delusion of grandeur. It’s been embarrassing on this board at times.

These few weeks were always going to be hugely difficult. No football structure in place. Skeleton staff. New owners with big ambitions for a club currently on its knees. (Some) Fans with expectations of huge name managers wanting to take on a challenge that is polar opposite of what they’re used to.

The only thing the owners (or certain people close to the club) have been guilty of, in my eyes, are leaking certain bits of info without it being 100%. That’s naivety and comes across a little amateur. But they are new to this and will learn.

In terms of what we actually know…the process, them looking for DoF etc, I don’t think the decisions have been wrong. Just perhaps played out in public too much.

But a decent amount of fans have been pathetically embarrassing. Expecting huge names, impatience, the lot.

:clap:

6 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Good article by Hope - really can't do anything else - made a tremendous offer to Emery and it all seemed like he was ready to make it work and then he changed his mind last minute. Happens in football. WIsh it didn't get played out in public, but that's neither here nor there. Regardless of the leak, he ultimately decided to stick around after a think, a convo, and a 2-0 win in the CL.

I'm still bummed over this as I've said before - and I just hope we can get the right man in sooner than later. 

By the way, I read it was Charnley handling the contract stuff in terms of administrative with the legal folks. The core deal points, selling the vision etc was done by our Board. 

The hysteria here is embarrasing. Pointing fingers left and right and blaming Jamie or Amanda, etc....give it a rest. 

Great post.

We’ve got the media desperate for this to go tits up, we should all be right behind the owners and backing them unconditionally at this point.

They’re astute people who will get this right, just fucking enjoy being relevant again.

The club was dead, but now we all care again which is the greatest gift possible after 14 years.

5 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Good post.