Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Guest dazzanufc1892
Just now, STM said:

Can't be arsed to argue but on point 2, it was 100% as good a football for 6 months as anyone else on the planet. Again, in the context of where we were when he started, unbelievable.

Yeah I agree from where we went, to where we ended up the ride was INCREDIBLE. I just really want to take this step as a blank sheet. Nothing from the past, its tainted by many parties. Lets hope this is the new beginning we all dream of

Watch the entertainers DVDs back and we were doing back then what LFC do today, our football was the most unique style in the game at the time and the most attacking/exciting.

Just now, dazzanufc1892 said:

Yeah I agree from where we went, to where we ended up the ride was INCREDIBLE. I just really want to take this step as a blank sheet. Nothing from the past, its tainted by many parties. Lets hope this is the new beginning we all dream of

And I'm fine with that. Let's create new hero's.

Arguably it'd be worse if Charnley wasn't there.

If the management of the consortium has been shambolic (and remember PIF are keeping an eye on how Staveley etc perform in case Saudi representatives need to be appointed to handle the club for them), can't imagine what it'd be like without a transitional figure.

Edited by nbthree3

Just now, dazzanufc1892 said:

I’d have KK back as a temp manager because I think he’d keep us up, but that’s a worse case scenario and I don’t want him going through the mill again if it went tits up. I’d have him back at the club in some capacity or role yesterday, however.

1 minute ago, dazzanufc1892 said:

Im not saying anything bad about him. Ive said facts. Football is more than attack attack attack. We were poor at the back. we played 75% of the game amazingly. They were amazing times, but the last season before Robson left was far better than the 95/96 with Keegan IMO

It's been well proven that Keegan's defence wasn't half as bad as most make out. As usual it's just lazy journalism. Yeah he liked to play attacking football but the defence wasn't too bad and I'd say if we had of had Schmichael in goal we'd have been a lot better

just trying to reassure myself....I think our squad, as it currently stands, would respond better to Howe than Dick.

Get Howe in 18 month contract.   Give it till the summer, he does well and easily keeps us up, his stock rises, Rafa has a 'middling' season and the scouse mackems turn on him big style.  Then we swap managers.  simples. 

Keegan won’t happen but when he came back the second time after fat Sam it took him a while to stop the rot but once he did he made terrible players look excellent, geremi as the pivot, Owen as a 10 it was great to see. I’d chance a 70 year old keegan for the rest of the season over most the current names mentioned, Martinez and Howe neither of those would get the place and players going like keegan would.

9 minutes ago, dazzanufc1892 said:

No, he took it part time and performances suffered so he took the new project as it was bigger and got him out of the questions.

They won the league with 101points and lost two games in 18 after Keegan got the England job, almost exactly the same form which they started the season in..

14 minutes ago, mouldy_uk said:

I think this is true due to the nature of the press release that he was coming and would be here for the Brighton game.

Think Emery bottled it. Maybe it had something to do with that white witch woman :lol:

12 minutes ago, dazzanufc1892 said:

Im not saying anything bad about him. Ive said facts. Football is more than attack attack attack. We were poor at the back. we played 75% of the game amazingly. They were amazing times, but the last season before Robson left was far better than the 95/96 with Keegan IMO

03/04 was better than 95/96?!! That's wild mate. 03/04 wasn't even better than the previous two seasons under Sir Bobby

and 'far' better!!!?!?!

Edited by Wolfcastle

10 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Is there a rush for Saturday like? Either way a new manager isn’t going to make any difference in that space of time.

I’d rather they take a few days to really grasp the correct next step, rather than just going for Howe just to get someone in ASAP.

No not for Saturday I agree but it’s imperative they are in for the 2 week break IMO 

5 minutes ago, rickyprickles said:

Obviously we can't say anything against our new dear leaders but their running of the club has been pretty embarrassing thus far. 

Disgrace that Charnley is still representing the club also. 

They haven’t done a whole lot wrong for me, they’ve bought the club, got rid of Bruce, connected with fans, targeted Emery and seem to have a professional process and I wouldn’t read too much into leaks and journo shit either because they know nowt. All this on the back of the almost daily constant spotlight and outrage by other clubs, fans and talking heads. Let’s not get hysterical, they’ve been here less than a month and are not football people, they want the best football people in they can get, that’s going to be hard when we are as shit as we are. They are not beyond criticism, but some of the shit on here lately is embarrassing. I’m relaxed and calm right now about things, we need to think about the bigger picture and try and look at what things will look like in 3 years not one fucking month.

3 minutes ago, Karjala said:

Always amazes me how any NUFC fan can have a bad word to say about Kevin Keegan. 

Often seems to accompany bulls**t mythology I find.

Blank cheque book e.g. when we were selling players for British records

Just now, Shadow Puppets said:

I’d say as long as the new manager gets a solid 7 days with the players before their first match, that’s fine.

Fair point I just think we are that poor the extra week could prove key considering the games coming up and the need to get at least 7 points from them 

4 minutes ago, HTT II said:

They haven’t done a whole lot wrong for me, they’ve bought the club, got rid of Bruce, connected with fans, targeted Emery and seem to have a professional process and I wouldn’t read too much into leaks and journo shit either because they know nowt. All this on the back of the almost daily constant spotlight and outrage by other clubs, fans and talking heads. Let’s not get hysterical, they’ve been here less than a month and are not football people, they want the best football people in they can get, that’s going to be hard when we are as shit as we are. They are not beyond criticism, but some of the shit on here lately is embarrassing. I’m relaxed and calm right now about things, we need to think about the bigger picture and try and look at what things will look like in 3 years not one fucking month.

It really is just outrageous. I still am enjoying being interested in the club again (after two years) despite the incessant moaning from some. It has me incessantly moaning about the moaning.

Edited by Vinny Green Balls

7 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

If the management of the consortium has been shambolic (and remember PIF are keeping an eye on how Staveley etc perform in case Saudi representatives need to be appointed to handle the club for them), can't imagine what it'd be like without a transitional figure.

Agree, but he should be nowhere near the future proposals for how the club operates in anyway, and that he was involved in the new manager deal is an absolute NO. He should be purely there to give guidance on how the club was operating prior to the takeover. As you said transitional figure, nothing more.

13 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

f the management of the consortium has been shambolic (and remember PIF are keeping an eye on how Staveley etc perform in case Saudi representatives need to be appointed to handle the club for them), can't imagine what it'd be like without a transitional figure.

Kin ell man 

Just now, Vinny Green Balls said:

It really is just outrageous. I still am enjoying being interested in the club again (after two years) despite the incessant moaning from some. 

I’m loving it, it’s all exciting, look at how busy the football section is, look at the debates, look at the actual want in members and fans back engaging with our club, potential managers, structures, the future, transfers etc. A month back we wouldn’t have even had the energy to weigh up the pros and cons of a Howe under Ashley, it would have been a blank statement of anyone but Bruce will do and then we’d not really care or be all, well, meh! Hope!

3 minutes ago, HTT II said:

They had better learn quick and well.   This briefing the press before things are signed off, will be their downfall, if they are not careful.    Just go with little updates like - process if going well and we hope to make offer/appoint manager in near future.   Then the next update is the actual announcement.  It manages the news vacuum without actually giving anything away.  Also would like the club to say whilst press speculation on names is unavoidable, no names or candidates will be divulged by the club during the process.

Straight bat - manages expectations and basically tells the fans that NUFC will announce things, not press!