Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 minute ago, geordiesteve710 said:

The recruitment side of things gets a lot easier when/if a DoF is appointed, especially if they are a big name. And if they're not, hell surely they Keegan could be appointed to an ambassadorial role and wheeled out whenever they need to talk a player into signing.

Ten Hag would be here now if KK had 5 minutes with him

Guest reefatoon
2 minutes ago, B-more Mag said:

Take a cheeky run at Mike Williamson.

Hey he might make the new list. I am sure we are drawing up another new list of candidates to interview multiple times, then shoot our bolt on the wrong horse right at the death again.

Guest dazzanufc1892

I love how people on here laugh at Sunderland and their nostalgia for former managers and players. Yet many go on about Keegan like he won the league 4 times over. When the truth is he walked out as soon as the going got tough, same with England, same with Fulham.

1 minute ago, dazzanufc1892 said:

I love how people on here laugh at Sunderland and their nostalgia for former managers and players. Yet many go on about Keegan like he won the league 4 times over. When the truth is he walked out as soon as the going got tough, same with England, same with Fulham.

You’re comparing Keegan with Bally and Peetah Reid?! Seriously?! 

While I wouldn't say I've done a 180 on Howe, I've calmed down a bit.

By the end of his Bournemouth stint, he looked physically shattered. Howe needed a break and he's now had over a year out - he seems intelligent, hopefully he's used that year to recharge, research and observe. The MNF chat was decent, his interview sounds alright. Provide him with quality players in January and he might be OK.

If we can get some 6-month/18-month deal done, I guess it'll do until we try again with the blockbuster name. We had Ashley and Bruce a month ago.

Edited by Ketsbaia

Guest dazzanufc1892
Just now, Manxst said:

You’re comparing Keegan with Bally and Peetah Reid?! Seriously?! 

Its the same nostalgia of always wanted to go back, also, Reid won as the same as Keegan. Lets look forward, not back

Just now, dazzanufc1892 said:

Well done for being totally wrong on everything.

1. 95% of fans wouldn't want him back as manager in 2021

2. The legend that is KK is for two reasons. Firstly he joined us as a player out of the blue and he was arguably the first superstar to play for the club. Secondly, he came in as manager and took us from oblivion and had us playing the best football on the planet. He was a nats pube off winning the league.

3. He didn't walk out when the going got tough, he walked put because the club became a PLC and there were political issues. I.e he was a man of principal.

4. Wasn't he largely successful at Fulham, got them promoted IIRC?

5. He was doing a poor job for England, he knew it, everyone knew it. He left for the good of the country. I wish our former manager who we are told to feel sorry for had this sort of compassion. 

Its the same nostalgia of always wanted to go back, also, Reid won as the same as Keegan. Lets look forward, not back

People care little about the winning (although winning would’ve been nice)- it’s the hope, the passion, the ‘he gets us’, the energy that he brought to the club, and in turn to the players. There’s a reason we were everyone second team, and that was down to Keegan. I certainly don’t want him anywhere near the current manager position, but he’s tailor made for an ambassador position to bring some of those characteristics back to the club again.

Guest dazzanufc1892
Just now, STM said:

Well done for being totally wrong on everything.

1. 95% of fans wouldn't want him back as manager in 2021

2. The legend that is KK is for two reasons. Firstly he joined us as a player out of the blue and he was arguably the first superstar to play for the club. Secondly, he came in as manager and took us from oblivion and had us playing the best football on the planet. He was a nats pube off winning the league.

3. He didn't walk out when the going got tough, he walked put because the club became a PLC and there were political issues. I.e he was a man of principal.

4. Wasn't he largely successful at Fulham, got them promoted IIRC?

5. He was doing a poor job for England, he knew it, everyone knew it. He left for the good of the country. I wish our former manager who we are told to feel sorry for had this sort of compassion. 

Bravo for wearing rose tinted glasses at night

1. this message wasn't for your then

2. best football on the planet? 

3. No he said he lost the dressing room and walked

4. It got tough after promotion.

5. No,no. he left as the pressure was on.

Guest dazzanufc1892
1 minute ago, Manxst said:

People care little about the winning (although winning would’ve been nice)- it’s the hope, the passion, the ‘he gets us’, the energy that he brought to the club, and in turn to the players. There’s a reason we were everyone second team, and that was down to Keegan. I certainly don’t want him anywhere near the current manager position, but he’s tailor made for an ambassador position to bring some of those characteristics back to the club again.

I do agree with many of that but the last bit. I wouldnt want the old era of the club anywhere near the new one. Fresh start, wipe it clear. Id not even want Big Al near us. lets enshrine memories, dont have them walking the halls

9 minutes ago, dazzanufc1892 said:

He left Fulham for England because the public and media were gagging for him.

2 minutes ago, dazzanufc1892 said:

I don't care what anybody says, I'd have Keegan back as manager in 2021.

KEEEEEEGAAAAAAAAAN :lol:

Guest dazzanufc1892

FWIW I've worked around 2 of the candidates mentioned on here a lot over the last 6 hours and I wouldnt want either of them. Gutted aboutt Emery

Guest dazzanufc1892
Just now, Wolfcastle said:

He left Fulham for England because the public and media were gagging for him.

No, he took it part time and performances suffered so he took the new project as it was bigger and got him out of the questions.

Rose tinted glasses man. Who else has served up better football for us then? Only Sir Bobby came close but Keegan took us on when we were totally shit. How can anyone have anything bad to say about Keegan?

Guest dazzanufc1892
2 minutes ago, Bishops Finger said:

Rose tinted glasses man. Who else has served up better football for us then? Only Sir Bobby came close but Keegan took us on when we were totally shit. How can anyone have anything bad to say about Keegan?

Im not saying anything bad about him. Ive said facts. Football is more than attack attack attack. We were poor at the back. we played 75% of the game amazingly. They were amazing times, but the last season before Robson left was far better than the 95/96 with Keegan IMO

When I say Keegan would be my first signing, it's clearly not as a manager. I was talking about an ambassadorial role.

But whatever his strengths, weaknesses and strengths managerially, which we can all argue, I was talking about his ability to captivate an audience and enrapture people about the area. There, he's without equal.

Edited by Chris_R

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Since they haven’t confirmed Jones is doing the pre match presser yet I assume they think they can get Howe or another in by Saturday. 

Is there a rush for Saturday like? Either way a new manager isn’t going to make any difference in that space of time.

I’d rather they take a few days to really grasp the correct next step, rather than just going for Howe just to get someone in ASAP.

7 minutes ago, dazzanufc1892 said:

Can't be arsed to argue but on point 2, it was 100% as good a football for 6 months as anyone else on the planet. Again, in the context of where we were when he started, unbelievable.