Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

4 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

The last 3-4 weeks have really highlighted to me the reason why other fans look at our fan base as one with a delusion of grandeur. It’s been embarrassing on this board at times.

These few weeks were always going to be hugely difficult. No football structure in place. Skeleton staff. New owners with big ambitions for a club currently on its knees. (Some) Fans with expectations of huge name managers wanting to take on a challenge that is polar opposite of what they’re used to.

The only thing the owners (or certain people close to the club) have been guilty of, in my eyes, are leaking certain bits of info without it being 100%. That’s naivety and comes across a little amateur. But they are new to this and will learn.

In terms of what we actually know…the process, them looking for DoF etc, I don’t think the decisions have been wrong. Just perhaps played out in public too much.

But a decent amount of fans have been pathetically embarrassing. Expecting huge names, impatience, the lot.

Rome wasn’t built in a day.

I think most are just underwhelmed that after 3/4 weeks it seems it will be Eddie Howe. It’s got nothing to do with expecting big names at all just someone who can give us a bit of hope tbh.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

I think most are just underwhelmed that after 3/4 weeks it seems it will be Eddie Howe. It’s got nothing to do with expecting big names at all just someone who can give us a bit of hope tbh.

I feel a bit underwhelmed but I'm staying positive and keep reminding myself of the alternate universe in which Bruce is still here and we're as apathetic as ever.

I'm really looking forward to competing again, strangely, even if we go down I'll still feel like there are inevitable good times ahead. 

I had hope before the takeover but now it feels tangible and I think it's important to hold on to that. However, I am on the cans.

4 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Come on man, a month ago this board was dead, no one was interested and barely anyone could be arsed to watch games. 

if you don’t have hope with the new

owners Coming in after 14 years of

Ashley maybe this isn’t the club/sport for you. 4 weeks into the future, it will take time, just enjoy the ride, enjoy having your club back. 

Just now, Elliottman said:

Come on man, a month ago this board was dead, no one was interested and barely anyone could be arsed to watch games. 

if you don’t have hope with the new

owners Coming in after 14 years of

Ashley maybe this isn’t the club/sport for you. 4 weeks into the future, it will take time, just enjoy the ride, enjoy having your club back. 

I meant hope in terms of this season, as in staying up. As I’ve said previously I will get right behind Howe (if it is him) and hope he can pull it off. Still don’t think fans should be criticised for not being happy with his appointment.

15 minutes ago, B-more Mag said:

Doesn't meet the advertised standard of "fascinating" and isn't particularly enlightening, but if you need to kill ten minutes or something:

Fantastic energy in those training sessions.

Obviously very disappointed with all this.

But watching a few Howe Videos on his Process, attitude and football beliefs, I see him as similar to Rogers.

I'd like someone who wants to be here and is not a delicate flower, from the sounds of it Emery is a little delicate.

I appreciate Howe or Fonseca are not in his League, yet. But let's give him a crack.

He's still night and day ahead of the last few 'Managers' we've had skill wise. He also seems a really likable yet driven individual, who might just step up another level with the right encouragement, support and backing. I'm surprised by his 'dark' side he speaks about - the guys a winner!

He's young and progressive - get the lad in and let's get behind him. 

If he does well, it's his to keep, if he's shite we move on.

Edited by Oregon_Geordie

27 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Good article by Hope - really can't do anything else - made a tremendous offer to Emery and it all seemed like he was ready to make it work and then he changed his mind last minute. Happens in football. WIsh it didn't get played out in public, but that's neither here nor there. Regardless of the leak, he ultimately decided to stick around after a think, a convo, and a 2-0 win in the CL.

I'm still bummed over this as I've said before - and I just hope we can get the right man in sooner than later. 

By the way, I read it was Charnley handling the contract stuff in terms of administrative with the legal folks. The core deal points, selling the vision etc was done by our Board. 

The hysteria here is embarrasing. Pointing fingers left and right and blaming Jamie or Amanda, etc....give it a rest. 

It kinda is though If the leak is what pissed him off and ultimately made him change his mind. 

2 minutes ago, cookidge said:

I was blowing just watching that.

Yeah, he has them working their socks off.

Really liked how each part of that was planned out, and then the short game after to have them apply what they've worked on.

Just now, CFlan said:

It kinda is though If the leak is what pissed him off and ultimately made him change his mind. 

Leak had nothing to do with it IMO ..the guy used us to get a bigger paycheck.. infact the leak probably came from his team.

3 minutes ago, Oregon_Geordie said:

But watching a few Howe Videos on his Process, attitude and football beliefs, I see him as similar to Rogers.

I'd like someone who wants to be here and is not a delicate flower, from the sounds of it Emery is a little delicate.

I appreciate Howe or Fonseca are not in his League, yet. But let's give him a crack.

He's still night and day ahead of the last few 'Managers' we've had skill wise. He also seems a really likable yet driven individual, who might just step up another level with the right encouragement, support and backing. I'm surprised by his 'dark' side he speaks about - the guys a winner!

Yeah, I said previously he could easily end up being our own Rodgers or Potter. He seems to be on their type of wavelength as far as being more progressive and also having a strong belief in playing good football and getting at teams.

Howe is a student of the game, whether it's all talk and bluster is a different matter but I simply can't see anyone sharing videos from Gerrard, Lampard or Terry talking in depth about the game like the ones about Howe. 

I echo @ScottishMagpie 's earlier post. I don't think these players will react to a coach that isn't a people person. They absolutely need structure and organization but large parts of the "leadership group" have since slowly leaked out disliking rafa's methods, I think they might have totally switch off to Emery or someone that is strict. Howe is a happy medium but obviously a downgrade. I am confident it will work with these players to January, when attitudes can be shipped out but remains to be seen who we can attract with Howe in charge.

5 minutes ago, Oregon_Geordie said:

Although this is backtracking a bit here, what I read about Emery that did concern me was communication breakdown he had with players at Arsenal. You can't take four Europa league wins from him but reading that, then thinking about our players I did wonder how much they would or would want to take on board from him.

4 hours ago, B-more Mag said:

:thup: Would face the issue of convincing someone to leave a club in the middle of the Champions or Europa League, again. But still the type of person we should be looking at.

His team is hammering besiktas.

You could say that Emery being put off by a leak is a red flag and that he wasn't the right person because of that, but you could probably also say that he might have seen the leak as a red flag and that Newcastle wasn't the right club for him. Both would be right as well. Shame, the drop off in calibre after him on the list is pretty huge.