Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Guest reefatoon
6 minutes ago, joeyt said:

He signalled he wanted to come off and then the ball went out 3 times after that before we got Wilson on. It resulted in ASM just hobbling about for ages

Ahh, I didn’t realise it had went out, I thought it was just taking forever for the game to stop.

Newcastle boss Eddie Howe talking to BT Sport: "In my opinion the game should have been stopped before their equaliser with two players down. Two players down in the box and it had a huge bearing on our game plan.

"As soon as they score the crowd are in the game and it feels unjust. The referee said he thought he was holding his back but Isaac Hayden held his head, he was dazed for four or five minutes. It could be dangerous and we have to think of the players safety, you also don't want to see games decided when you have players out of the game."

4 minutes ago, robbo_11 said:

Newcastle boss Eddie Howe talking to BT Sport: "In my opinion the game should have been stopped before their equaliser with two players down. Two players down in the box and it had a huge bearing on our game plan.

"As soon as they score the crowd are in the game and it feels unjust. The referee said he thought he was holding his back but Isaac Hayden held his head, he was dazed for four or five minutes. It could be dangerous and we have to think of the players safety, you also don't want to see games decided when you have players out of the game."

He's right to say that in public, but behind the scenes I would have to have words with both Hayden and Schar.

We all watch enough football every week to know that you cannot rely on these refs to help you in any way shape or form. Unless you are badly injured get off the floor and keep playing for goodness sake!

There was absolutely nothing wrong with Schar or Hayden, and their behaviour in that instance was unacceptable.

Edited by KaKa

One of the better showings at Anfield and I think undone by a combo of a cunt ref and individual errors for about the 10th time this season.

If that tackle on Fraser is the other way round, Dean gives it and VAR doesn't overrule. Soon as Trent flew in I knew we'd cut to Dean waving it away the utter prick.

Some decent performances in there tonight but Hayden was absolutely disgraceful. Probably worth sticking with Willock if he's the alternative.

2 minutes ago, Pilko said:

Probably worth sticking with Willock if he's the alternative.

I'd course it is (except maybe for games like tonight). Hayden is a championship level DM, Willock might actually become decent. 

I know one thing, give him a team of quality players and he will do very very well here. We were a very attacking threat to one of the best teams in the world last night, we are let down by shite players making individual shite mistakes. Game plan was sound and we are improving as an attacking side, it’s just defensively we are all over the place and that’s down to basically having no midfield and defenders, which because of their lack of protection, panic when under pressure resulting in mistakes and calamity. 

I think we've been walking around with rose tinted specs on at present by way of the europhoria of those initial training sessions, seeing everyone running around, getting fitter etc.

The 'pie in the sky' thinking was that this would be immediately brought to the pitch, now whilst not there yet, there has been a massive improvement with the standards of the team as a whole, but as reported, it will be those little individual errors that let us down.

Come the new year, and with several player joining us of a better quality and calibre then I can see the whole team performance improving.

Looking at the fixtures, Everton onwards for 5 or 6 games will be the decisive time of the season. 

Forever hopeful that we can pull it out of the bag.

Our tactics last night were spot on really when you consider the quality of our team compared to Liverpool’s. It was quite clear that Murphy/Manquillo and Lewis/Fraser were doubling up on Mane/Salah and we did get to break away a few times. 

As usual it’s individual errors that cost us, both defensive errors costing goals and poor decision making (mainly by Maxi last night) costing us decent shooting opportunities. 

As mentioned earlier in the thread, Howe with a quality team would be a good match IMO.