Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Just now, Menace said:

I'm a downer for not being overjoyed by the prospect of Eddie Howe? Alright then...

You're just waiting for every bad result to let us know how right you were, we get it already!

You'll be proven wrong in the long run though, so enjoy it while you can I guess.

2 minutes ago, Menace said:

I'm a downer for not being overjoyed by the prospect of Eddie Howe? Alright then...

You're a downer for constantly whining, and seeming to revel in bringing down the mood. It's been like this from the outset of this appointment. Wouldn't be surprised if you jizz yourself to death over his failure, as you tell everyone that you told us so.

Edited by Vinny Green Balls

1 minute ago, Holloway said:

If Eddie doesn`t quickly identify that centre mid crisis then you`ve got to lob a question his way

Every fucker on here in a PL manager all of a sudden , maybe 19 other teams are just better than us ? These are NOT his players , they were shot to shit . He came in and has improved wee bits but these are utter shite players in the main . In hindsight we maybe should have a better midfielder in there but who do you suggest ? Hayden has been shite , Hendrick is shite , that team sent out today looked good on paper against an on paper average Leicester, yet still a much better Leicester than us .

His options are horrific until January, always have been and believe me we are going to look a lot worse in the next 2 weeks .

I trust a young , modern , hungry EH over anyone on here’s opinion .

1 hour ago, Heron said:

I thought we deployed a fairly high press for the first 35 minutes or so. To good effect as well, their defenders were making mistakes but we failed to capitalise.

The pen changed everything.

I think we need more Rafa than Howe at present in terms of football styles tbh, but I do think Howe will get us the points we need his way. I think has maybe just underestimated some of the players flaws on the whole. 

A high press and yet we didn't create one good chance, didn't dominate possession in their half and managed on 3 first half attempts. I wouldn't consider that in any way effective.

No question, the pen didn't help but they completely downed tools on a new manager and that's a huge concern imho.

Genuinely, I cannot see that he's made much impact yet tbh. Aye Joelinton is playing better but he's not gonna keep us up. A top manager (imho) would've implemented a style and/or system by now even if those players trying to implement it are shit.

I honestly cannot see what the fuck he's trying to get them to do.

Edited by Minhosa

3 minutes ago, GWN said:

Every fucker on here in a PL manager all of a sudden , maybe 19 other teams are just better than us ? These are NOT his players , they were shot to shit . He came in and has improved wee bits but these are utter shite players in the main . In hindsight we maybe should have a better midfielder in there but who do you suggest ? Hayden has been shite , Hendrick is shite , that team sent out today looked good on paper against an on paper average Leicester, yet still a much better Leicester than us .

His options are horrific until January, always have been and believe me we are going to look a lot worse in the next 2 weeks .

I trust a young , modern , hungry EH over anyone on here’s opinion .

:lol: you're in the Other Games thread criticising Rafa's decisions and then saying people shouldn;t be criticising Howe in here

1 hour ago, Conjo said:

That can't be true, can it? I have a vivid memory (granted, my memory can fail me) of him advancing down left hand side, dribbling off two players and putting in a cross against Norwich. I can't remember the outcome of that play, but would that not count if f.ex a Norwich player got to the ball first?

Willock put the ball in that lead to the goal against Burnley. Sounds like their data is shite. 

I’m doubtful that Pep would continually pick Lascelles despite the evidence in front of his eyes.

It is a horrific job he has on his hands, but Howe was still an underwhelming appointment which could easily have been an Ashley one - no-one blinked when he was favourite to replace Bruce when Ashley was still here.  Though I doubt Ashley would have gave as much credence to a PowerPoint presentation.

I don’t think we’re down at all, but those signings need to be here on 1st Jan not the 31st.  Based on what we’ve been hearing about the ‘process’, I’ve got a funny feeling they’re liable to be closer to the latter date …

Edited by MarkyMark

3 minutes ago, Minhosa said:

I'm not digging him out btw. I like him and he seems to 'get it', I'm just seeing nothing in four games of football to give me much hope that he can keep us up.

He’s trying to implement a style of football that we just do not have the players to play.

It’ll never work.

5 minutes ago, joeyt said:

:lol: you're in the Other Games thread criticising Rafa's decisions and then saying people shouldn;t be criticising Howe in here

Rsfa has turned a decent team into shite , however I take on your point 

2 minutes ago, WillingtonMag said:

The players aren't good enough is all that has to be said, absolutely pathetic blaming Howe or questioning him already. Our midfield is absolute shite. 

Rafa had most of them getting us to 10th.

They're poor but they're not so bad that you can't coach them into an effective system.

16 minutes ago, Minhosa said:

A high press and yet we didn't create one good chance, didn't dominate possession in their half and managed on 3 first half attempts. I wouldn't consider that in any way effective.

No question, the pen didn't help but they completely downed tools on a new manager and that's a huge concern imho.

Genuinely, I cannot see that he's made much impact yet tbh. Aye Joelinton is playing better but he's not gonna keep us up. A top manager (imho) would've implemented a style and/or system by now even if those players trying to implement it are shit.

I honestly cannot see what the fuck he's trying to get them to do.

High presses don't necessarily equate to chances though, it's a style of defence rather than offence?

What I do have concerns about is our strategy with regards to attacking, that's something that seems unidentifiable at present. However, I think we're also underestimating the terrible state the club was left in. We need a pre season, mid season. They've had to get the fundamentals of fitness sorted before they can even focus on strategy. Personally, I can see improvements, I think Joelinton and Shelvey have noticably improved, fitness has improved, the players generally look more comfortable on the ball and there seems to be better belief and application, albeit not enough yet. Confidence is really low and Howe should have protected that at 2-0 down instead of chasing it imo. I don't think anyone is downing tools on Howe though and nor do I think a top class manager would have completely introduced a new strategy yet though.

Edited by Heron

1 minute ago, Menace said:

I'm genuinely confused how a person is telling guys on a football forum not to criticise a manager? :lol:

It’s the age old confusion of ‘get behind the lads’ not applying when they’re not actually there to hear it.  As if it actually matters away from the ground (and I’m not convinced it matters at the ground - if support counts towards success, does that mean our support has been shite for 50 years?)

14 minutes ago, Minhosa said:

I'm not digging him out btw. I like him and he seems to 'get it', I'm just seeing nothing in four games of football to give me much hope that he can keep us up.

Key bit in there is 4 games of football.

Really like Eddie Howe, but my reservation was that I don’t think he’s necessarily what we needed right now (in terms of survival). Too early to say maybe, but I haven’t seen that much to change my opinion yet.

2 minutes ago, Heron said:

High presses don't necessarily equate to chances though, it's a style of defence rather than offence?

What I do have concerns about is our strategy with regards to attacking, that's something that seems unidentifiable at present. However, I think we're also underestimating the terrible state the club was left in. We need a pre season, mid season. They've had to get the fundamentals of fitness sorted before they can even focus on strategy. Personally, I can see improvements, I think Joelinton and Shelvey have noticably improved, fitness has improved, the players generally look more comfortable on the ball and there seems to be better belief and application, albeit not enough yet. Confidence is really low and Howe should have protected that at 2-0 down instead of chasing it imo. I don't think anyone is downing tools on Howe though and nor do I think a top class manager would have completely introduced a new strategy yet though.

Rafa did after he took the job and, given an extra three games, would've kept us up.

As for high pressing, they should be winning possession further up the pitch, ergo it should lead to more possession or chances in their half.

I still think the squad is capable of finishing lower midtable and has done for a number of seasons. Its just a squad that's been chronically miscoached for a number of years. Howe isn't going to fix this in a few weeks. There have been promising signs, but we are still going to put in poor performances.

That doesn't mean Howe is incapable of bad decisions or poor management, but its very difficult to get a good grasp of his work after a handful of games.

Edited by The Prophet

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I still think the squad is capable of finishing midtable and has done for a number of seasons. Its just a squad that's been chronically miscoached for a number of years. Howe isn't going to fix this in a few weeks. There have been promising signs, but we are still going to put in poor performances.

That doesn't mean Howe is incapable of bad decisions or poor management, but its very difficult to get a good grasp of his work after a handful of games.

Yes, absolutely. Very well put :thup:

3 minutes ago, Minhosa said:

Rafa did after he took the job and, given an extra three games, would've kept us up.

As for high pressing, they should be winning possession further up the pitch, ergo it should lead to more possession or chances in their half.

I think we were in a lot better position when Rafa took over tbh and I love Rafa like. He had better and fitter players at his disposal, but less time. 

As for the second point, that's fair, but in the first half whilst we didn't necessarily create clear chances, there were shakey moments where we almost capitalised.