Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

9 hours ago, 80 said:

People need to understand we have a shit squad who have no right to remain in the Premier League as it stands. This isn't a manager with an underperforming team, it's a disjointed, incoherent outfit by nature. January is the only hope of them staying up. Everything before that is just mood music. Might as well make the music sweet rather than sour shit in the mean time.

Well yeah but he's making a shit squad even worse with some weird line-up choices. I mean you see people on here before every game pointing to where he's going wrong and pretty much every time they've been right. It's not rocket science.

"Why has he picked Darlow and why are we playing with no fullbacks?" - Our wingers in defence and Darlow are at fault for us conceding 3 goals.

"Why has he picked Clark ahead of Fernandez?" - Clark gets sent off after 10 minutes, Fernandez comes on and looks great.

"Why are we playing Willock in a midfield 2?" - Every week and Willock still hasn't put a half decent performance in.

To a point you can blame the squad, or you can blame the other backroom staff for the transition period etc, it's just that seeing it real time he seems very slow to react to issues if he even sees them at all.

This isn't some OTT reaction and I don't want Howe out. I think he's fucked up and we now need to save ourselves in January because of it but I'm more than willing to let him do that. 

31 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Well yeah but he's making a shit squad even worse with some weird line-up choices. I mean you see people on here before every game pointing to where he's going wrong and pretty much every time they've been right. It's not rocket science.

"Why has he picked Darlow and why are we playing with no fullbacks?" - Our wingers in defence and Darlow are at fault for us conceding 3 goals.

"Why has he picked Clark ahead of Fernandez?" - Clark gets sent off after 10 minutes, Fernandez comes on and looks great.

"Why are we playing Willock in a midfield 2?" - Every week and Willock still hasn't put a half decent performance in.

To a point you can blame the squad, or you can blame the other backroom staff for the transition period etc, it's just that seeing it real time he seems very slow to react to issues if he even sees them at all.

This isn't some OTT reaction and I don't want Howe out. I think he's fucked up and we now need to save ourselves in January because of it but I'm more than willing to let him do that. 

I agree with the points you made, but in fairness you should also point out that Howe is now playing Dub, Manquillo & Lewis. He also didn't put Clark back in the side after his suspension and Almiron has come in for Fraser.

While the consensus on here is that Willock needs to be utilized different or replaced with Hayden, and that Fernandes should play ahead of Lascelles, it's easy to make arguments for why he persists with them too as opposed to if he had put Darlow, Ritchie, Krafth, Fraser or Clark back in the starting line up.

7 minutes ago, Conjo said:

I agree with the points you made, but in fairness you should also point out that Howe is now playing Dub, Manquillo & Lewis. He also didn't put Clark back in the side after his suspension and Almiron has come in for Fraser.

While the consensus on here is that Willock needs to be utilized different or replaced with Hayden, and that Fernandes should play ahead of Lascelles, it's easy to make arguments for why he persists with them too as opposed to if he had put Darlow, Ritchie, Krafth, Fraser or Clark back in the starting line up.

It just seems like, when seeing it happen in real time, that he made some pretty clear mistakes and because 9f them we're in a really bad position. Like I've barely watched us in 2 years yet I understand the general concensus that Clark, Darlow and Lascelles are shite. That Richie isn't a left back (I mean I could have guessed that one myself like).

Whether he's misjudged the squad, or allowed others to give him bad advice, he still made those calls despite the average Newcastle fan knowing they were wrong.

I'm not saying this to have a go at Howe, the opposite in fact I really like him. I just don't want him to get fired before he has a chance to actually get us playing how he wants.

He'll have learnt things in that game that we've known for ages.

Not that i think we have a chance to get anything against Liverpool, but if he picks the core of that midfield and backline again he deserves to have some questions asked.

Lascelles brain will capsize if Salah goes anywhere near him. It just shouldn't be done.

I still think after a successful spree in January we will bolt up the league. Not even worried about relegation. Probably 12-15th once a few new faces are brought in. The likes of Burnley, Brighton, even Brentford these little clubs won’t be able to invest like we will. I’m confident.

1 hour ago, Conjo said:

Agree with this. He's getting pelters for persisting with Willock and Shelvey in the middle, but Hayden gets equally lambasted when he starts. The central midfield area is a car crash, and you could argue Hayden is the worst of the lot in possession. It might take a few games for Howe to settle on a formation that works, unfortunately that's how it is when you have a collection of flawed players to choose from. 

I actually don't think Willock's been as bad as made out, he's not playing well, but at least he's putting a shift in. 

1 hour ago, ontheup123 said:

I still think after a successful spree in January we will bolt up the league. Not even worried about relegation. Probably 12-15th once a few new faces are brought in. The likes of Burnley, Brighton, even Brentford these little clubs won’t be able to invest like we will. I’m confident.

weapons grade delusion. we need a lot of top quality signings that hit the ground quickly. i cannot see that happening. Howe is not very good defensively so we will need to score boat loads of goals to be anywhere near staying up. Personally cannot see us staying up no matter who we sign.

New coach to work with Howe https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/newcastle-liverpool-coaching-staff-mark-leyland-b1975990.html

Newcastle United have pulled off a backroom coup in an aid to navigate away from relegation danger by poaching Mark Leyland from Liverpool to be their first-team coach analyst.

The 36-year-old joined the Anfield club in 2013 from Burnley, where he developed a strong working relationship with Eddie Howe – a bond that stretched beyond the professional, with the pair continuing to keep in touch after their paths diverged.

Leyland moved to Newcastle last week with the blessing of Jurgen Klopp and Pep Lijnders, who were keen for him to stay but appreciated he couldn’t rebuff the opportunity to advance his career by assuming greater responsibility and shifting into a coaching set-up.

He had been head of post-match and elite player development analysis at Liverpool, so the job represents a promotion.

Fuck knows how he repairs the mental fragility in this team. The second half resembled a lot more fight, thankfully, cos the last thing we need now is everyone downing tools. But ffs the massively impactful individual errors, man. It's basically constant. 

He's improved us tactically but he can't do much more with a squad that makes that many individual errors. Needs reinforcements in January and as long as we're within 6 points from safety by the time January comes round, we'll be reet.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

1 minute ago, HaydnNUFC said:

He's improved us tactically but he can't do much more with a squad that makes that much individual errors. Needs reinforcements in January and as long as we're within 6 points from safety by the time January comes round, we'll be reet.

Pretty much, thought he got it tactically spot on today tbh, as weird as that sounds considering we lost :lol: 

Just now, 54 said:

Pretty much, thought he got it tactically spot on today tbh, as weird as that sounds considering we lost :lol: 

1 goal where Shelvey still thought he was a Liverpool player and another where vs any other team or with any other referee, play is stopped.

Guest reefatoon
Just now, Jordan said:

Just needs to get us to jan 3-6 pts off safety if possible and start shipping out the deadwood the squads filled with. 

It’s amazing we are still only 3 points away from safety. We are so lucky that the league has been utter shite with us.