Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Class read that and thanks for sharing. Interesting to see and close he and Jason were at the beginning. Ignore the cretin with the stupid comment.

Eddie is our crown jewel now and we will cherish him very much. 

3 minutes ago, GWN said:

Top 6 is quite some way away in my opinion .

You will get some mincers predicting it for next season but not the average Joe.

We need another couple of solid seasons like say a Wolves.This to me is a 10 year project that may or may not come off . The ride will be tremendous, the desire is back in me .

I think we’ll give it a go. Do you think someone like Bruno has signed for us to compete for top 8-10 for the next couple of seasons for instance?

It will take 10 years to become a team like Man City or Liverpool because we need to build and then see the rewards of better infrastructure, but we could 100% be competing up there within a couple of years if we buy right. Top 6 next season should be a target.

Klopp and Pep are a different level, but every other manager and team below them are prone to drop a lot of points throughout the season.

I mean Arsenal and Tottenham are battling for the Champions League despite being described as shite at various stages of the season. Chelsea too.

I mean i am not saying he hasn't done brilliantly he absolutely has and i really hope he is here a long time, i hope owners are patient with him in tough periods as so much benefit to patience. However i think talk of him being manager a la Ferguson may be a tad premature lol

2 hours ago, Tiresias said:

I mean i am not saying he hasn't done brilliantly he absolutely has and i really hope he is here a long time, i hope owners are patient with him in tough periods as so much benefit to patience. However i think talk of him being manager a la Ferguson may be a tad premature lol

Of course it is, but it's just like saying Bruno could be the best footballer in the world. It's absolutely possible should all the stars align, however its the fact we dare be able to say it and dream, instead of being stuck with Steve Bruce or Jeff Hendricks knowing you'll be lucky to survive the season.

I'm all for the hope.

2 minutes ago, WillingtonMag said:

Think we'll push top four next season me

Nobody knows, and we shouldn't really try to predict it either, because we don't know what our transfer strategy will be in the summer.

Mark Hughes spent something like 200M in his first summer after the takeover of Man City iirc. I will reserve any prediction of European places unless we go mental in the summer :lol:

I dont think its too hard to get to 5-7th place spots, seeing wolves there, west ham whom have spent money but largely incompetently and have only recenlty been rustled into a competent team really, not a terrible comparison point for us. Leceister want to be there but are making very very hard work of it. Man U are there by being terrible. The top 4 are difficult, as liverpool and man city will be in the top 2 slots. If Chelsea get cleanly taken over and everything kept ticking over competently no way they will be displaced either. Which leaves Man U, Arsenal, Spurs (and yes West Ham) all seriously challenging for that last top 4 spot. Can't quite see us pinching the 4th spot from aaaall of those. 

Imo top half of table and a fun cup run would be a good season, maybe with decent challenge for europa league spot. I expect the serious challenges to take a little longer

1 hour ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Top 8 and a proper cup run finally next season will do me thank you very much. 

:thup: 

We should make the League Cup our priority, imo.

So many top clubs fuck about in it, would love to see us go all out for it just to get a trophy on the board.

@WillDanceForChocolate A fantastic write up and much appreciated. I knew he was engrained in the modern history of the club but not to the extent you've opened my eyes to, particularly his playing return even being fan-funded all those years ago.

Seems his humbleness has rubbed off on you as its interesting to read you still consider your team as a third tier club on holiday as you look set for a fairly quick return to the top tier. :lol: :aww:

Providing disaster doesn't strike in your run in (just realised it's a relatively tough run in so fingers crossed for your boys), I'm really looking forward to your return and Howe's return to the Vitality as I can't even imagine how emotional that's going to be.

All the best for the rest of the season and hope we see you back in the PL next season. :thup:

Guest HTT II

@WillDanceForChocolatethank you for a fantastic read and for contributing here detailing his story with Bournemouth, wow, there are so many parallels with our own club and KK, but obviously on a different level. The fact yous paid to sign him back - I didn’t know that - and is amazing and I imagine Howe wanted nothing more than to repay you guys back.

And him spending his own money to bring in staff is what KK did with Terry Mac and buying kits, equipment etc. Something KK did twice, first as a player here and then as a manager.

Again, what a brilliant read. Your comments fill me with even more hope about Howe and shows just what a great man he is but also a great coach and manager, as we are seeing.

I’ve always rated him, but from the outside. Now he’s ours, again, I wouldn’t swap him for anyone other than Klopp or Pep of anyone in the PL, but that’s from a purely selfish fickle fan perspective. Stick around if you can and I do hope Bournemouth go up.

Edited by HTT II