Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 hour ago, Geogaddi said:

Newcastle United manager Eddie Howe says that the club’s long-term aim is not just to finish in the Champions League but to “overtake everybody”.

Asked whether Sunday’s opponents Arsenal were the next target in Newcastle’s progress up the Premier League table, Howe replied: “The aim is to try and catch and overtake everybody.

Love that.

In the eyes of the EPL we’re like Lord Sauron trying to rule the big six with the One Ring of Power. 

Sir Edward Howe: “We’re not here to simply compete, we want to be the One Team, To Rule Them All!!!”

1 hour ago, Broadsword said:

Was it the Maddison offer than had the champions league clause in it that everyone laughed at us about? Not laughing now are they. 

Good point actually. Wonder if there's many clubs out there kicking themselves for missing out on a tidy bonus that they may have laughed us out of the room for making. 

18 hours ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

There are some on here who have a history of going off the deep end about everything. Pilko is not one I would put into that category at all. He was measured and talking a lot of sense when some of the weirdos on here were talking abouit how Benitez was done and was going to relegate us back in 2017-18. There are others on here who would doom merchant over potential sponsors. It's like their version of a German fetish with just a little less shit to clean off the chest.

So painful reading back over those posts from page 560 man, and all the usual suspects show up like clock work.

What I don't understand is why they always speak so matter of factly, and with such certainty, about how shit someone is after such little time?!

I can understand expressing some concern and not being sure if he was the right hire for the predicament we were in, but some of the proclamations of him being shit, or a wet blanket, or clueless, or no better than Bruce! ... my God.

Edited by KaKa

Loved the bit in the presser where he's asked about Allardyce's comments and how he stacks himself up against Pep, Klopp, etc. Just says he concentrates on himself and being the best version he can be. It was perfect really and a timely reminder, given Allardyce's return, that we've moved so far past the self-obsessed unjustified arrogance of their ilk.

I sometimes wish he'd come out swinging a bit more, sure, but the novelty of having a manager I don't hate will never wear off. 

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

Loved the bit in the presser where he's asked about Allardyce's comments and how he stacks himself up against Pep, Klopp, etc. Just says he concentrates on himself and being the best version he can be. It was perfect really and a timely reminder, given Allardyce's return, that we've moved so far past the self-obsessed unjustified arrogance of their ilk.

I sometimes wish he'd come out swinging a bit more, sure, but the novelty of having a manager I don't hate will never wear off. 

He’ll prove his abilities with silverware!  :indi:

3 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I've never really been a fan of all that sort of bravado. Those types of managers typically don't ever take full responsibility when their teams struggle and always start throwing the players under the bus or some other nonsense, and don't look at what they can improve.

Think Howe is first class in his temperament and approach to when things are both going well and also when they are not going so well. We are very very fortunate to have such a manager.

He's the second coming of KK man, except this time we will end up with a trophy.

I was definitely sceptical at the appointment, mainly due to the fact we openly courted Emery and were rejected by him. My heart was set.

Looking back - and indeed forward - I can't think of a bloke more suited to being Newcastle manager than Howe. He's just perfect for us in every way.

3 minutes ago, Chicken Dancer said:

He's the second coming of KK man, except this time we will end up with a trophy.

I was definitely sceptical at the appointment, mainly due to the fact we openly courted Emery and were rejected by him. My heart was set.

Looking back - and indeed forward - I can't think of a bloke more suited to being Newcastle manager than Howe. He's just perfect for us in every way.

Our true new King to be crowned on Sunday 👑 :indi:

35 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

It was the snigger he tried to disguise while drinking that I enjoyed :laugh:

4 minutes ago, Rich said:

Wonder if any of the hacks will run with "Howe calls Allardyce's Pep comparison 'ridiculous'" ahead of the Leeds game.

You've just gave Hopey his warped angle for his next clickbait piece. 

25 minutes ago, 80 said:

It was the snigger he tried to disguise while drinking that I enjoyed :laugh:

I've taken to downloading the audio and listening to it whilst out with the dog, so didn't see. :laugh:

5 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Think his personally is similar to Pep’s to be honest , not full of himself and having digs at other teams and mangers all of the time . Shows you can be a top class manager without being a complete bellend like Klopp and Ten Hag are for example .

Edited by Geogaddi

5 hours ago, Yorkie said:

I'm always amazed at how calm and focused he is, and how measured his words are. I don't know how he does it, no one seems to be able to catch him out and get him to say something he'll regret later.

Sometimes hard to forget this guy is a former footballer. He's light years away from what we are used to seeing previously, the likes of Le Tissier, Sherwood or Merson. I always liked him, but I had no idea he was this special.

7 minutes ago, TRon said:

I'm always amazed at how calm and focused he is, and how measured his words are. I don't know how he does it, no one seems to be able to catch him out and get him to say something he'll regret later.

Sometimes hard to forget this guy is a former footballer. He's light years away from what we are used to seeing previously, the likes of Le Tissier, Sherwood or Merson. I always liked him, but I had no idea he was this special.

THE special one! :indi:

The reason you know he's different is that he's never satisfied with his own knowledge of the game. The year away showed his great hunger to become the best by learning from some of the best. Most English managers think being a former player is all they need to know. Maybe it's partly down to his career as a player being cut short early which has made him that much hungrier than your average Frank or Steve.

It must be boring doing pressers with Howe mind, he never slips up and you could probably write his answers to most of your questions without even asking him.

It's great, you would think it would force to ask better questions but week after week they're like 'can you start thinking about the Champions League now?' :lol: