Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Eddie Howe is an unbelievable manager. Still Massively underrated and should be getting way more credit 

We were dead and buried last year and we finished 11th !!

We went on such a good run , and I think from (January to may) the form we were in was the 3rd best in the league? 

This year he has carried that on with not a huge spend in the summer (as everyone was expecting a lot more) 

He is hands down the best manager we have had in my lifetime and that includes Bobby Robson and Keegan 

I say that because he actually coaches the team (Keegan didn’t) 

He has the team the fittest I have ever seen us , defensively sound , dominating possession , front foot , committed , organised and has build an unbelievable team spirit !!

All in 18 months 

Dont get me wrong Bobby Robson was a fantastic manager and a living legend , Keegan is an icon (player and manager) but in a different way.

Howe just goes about his business in a perfect understated way,  but deep down you can see he has the steel in his eyes !

Love the bloke and I can see him winning trophies with us in the very best future , his ability to coach and manage will ensure he succeeds.

Edited by JonBez comesock

8 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Loved the bit in the presser where he's asked about Allardyce's comments and how he stacks himself up against Pep, Klopp, etc. Just says he concentrates on himself and being the best version he can be. It was perfect really and a timely reminder, given Allardyce's return, that we've moved so far past the self-obsessed unjustified arrogance of their ilk.

I sometimes wish he'd come out swinging a bit more, sure, but the novelty of having a manager I don't hate will never wear off. 

When was this in the presser?

6 hours ago, JonBez comesock said:

We went on such a good run , and I think from (January to may) the form we were in was the 3rd best in the league? 

Mad that now, after just about a full season, our form is 3rd best in the league. People thinking it was a purple patch last season, nah mate this is who we are now.

11 hours ago, JonBez comesock said:

He is hands down the best manager we have had in my lifetime and that includes Bobby Robson and Keegan 

:thup: The real eye-opener for me was last February, when I went to see them at West Ham. At the time, West Ham were in the CL places, and our starting team was Dubravka, Krafth, Burn, Schar, Targett, Shelvey, Willock, Joelinton, Murphy, Wood, Fraser. So eight of the team were pre-Eddie, and two out of the three newcomers (Burn, Targett) had not been regular starters for their previous clubs. The other was Chris Wood.

The game kicked off and I just could not believe what I was seeing. We were actually the better side, with the majority of possession, knocking the ball around with confidence. Players that a few weeks ago had not looked capable of stringing two passes together were calling the shots. It finished 1-1 but it was no fluke and we were unlucky not to win. And this was playing away against a top four club.

I'd never seen a transformation like it, and it was then that the thought sprung to me that we might be on the verge of something special.

Aye, I remember early in that West Ham being shocked at how we were dominating possession and how it completely took the crowd out if it.

Was such a foreign concept after years of having managers whose approach to every away game was to essentially concede possession and get men behind the ball and hope to fluke a counter attack at some point.

11 hours ago, JonBez comesock said:

Eddie Howe is an unbelievable manager. Still Massively underrated and should be getting way more credit 

We were dead and buried last year and we finished 11th !!

This year he has carried that on with not a huge spend in the summer (as everyone was expecting a lot more) 

I say that because he actually coaches the team (Keegan didn’t) 

He has the team the fittest I have ever seen us , defensively sound , dominating possession , front foot , committed , organised and has build an unbelievable team spirit !!

All in 18 months 

Dont get me wrong Bobby Robson was a fantastic manager and a living legend , Keegan is an icon (player and manager) but in a different way.

Howe just goes about his business in a perfect understated way,  but deep down you can see he has the steel in his eyes !

Love the bloke and I can see him winning trophies with us in the very best future , his ability to coach and manage will ensure he succeeds.

You are robbing Sir Bobby Robson and Keegan of their acheivments, and imo underminding what they did at the club. I agree that Howe`s first 18months have been fantastic, but he still have some way to go before he reached those two legends.

Keegan was appointed to a team that was struggling in the second tier, and steadied the ship, brought us back to the premier league, and made us title contenders. The entertainers

Sir Bobby Robson also took over a complete hoples Newcastle at the time, we had 1 point from the first 6 games. Kenny Dalglish and Gullit had ripped appart our team and team Spirit. Sir Bobby managed to get us up to 11th with those players, and later he made us a top 4 team in the league for some seasons.

Give Howe some time before we crown him the best manager ever, remember even Pardew looked the real deal for a season.

25 minutes ago, Begbie said:

Give Howe some time before we crown him the best manager ever, remember even Pardew looked the real deal for a season.

Yes cos Eddie is just like Pardew isn't he ffs

Howe took over at a worse time than Robson player wise. Robson walked into a dressing room of Given. Speed Lee Shearer Solano.

Eddie has got us from being doomed at the bottom of the league to a cup final and on the verge of champions league in the space of 18 months. Whilst playing some of the best football in the league with the best defensive record

Give him abit more respect than comparing him to Pardew cheers

4 hours ago, Cronky said:

:thup: The real eye-opener for me was last February, when I went to see them at West Ham. At the time, West Ham were in the CL places, and our starting team was Dubravka, Krafth, Burn, Schar, Targett, Shelvey, Willock, Joelinton, Murphy, Wood, Fraser. So eight of the team were pre-Eddie, and two out of the three newcomers (Burn, Targett) had not been regular starters for their previous clubs. The other was Chris Wood.

The game kicked off and I just could not believe what I was seeing. We were actually the better side, with the majority of possession, knocking the ball around with confidence. Players that a few weeks ago had not looked capable of stringing two passes together were calling the shots. It finished 1-1 but it was no fluke and we were unlucky not to win. And this was playing away against a top four club.

I'd never seen a transformation like it, and it was then that the thought sprung to me that we might be on the verge of something special.

That was the first game after Trippier got injured, wasn't it? I recall everyone shitting themselves over Krafth coming in for the match. Then he had a great game, and a great finish to the season too...

3 hours ago, Begbie said:

You are robbing Sir Bobby Robson and Keegan of their acheivments, and imo underminding what they did at the club. I agree that Howe`s first 18months have been fantastic, but he still have some way to go before he reached those two legends.

Keegan was appointed to a team that was struggling in the second tier, and steadied the ship, brought us back to the premier league, and made us title contenders. The entertainers

Sir Bobby Robson also took over a complete hoples Newcastle at the time, we had 1 point from the first 6 games. Kenny Dalglish and Gullit had ripped appart our team and team Spirit. Sir Bobby managed to get us up to 11th with those players, and later he made us a top 4 team in the league for some seasons.

Pardew never looked the real deal ever.

3 hours ago, FLUMPO235 said:

Has anyone suggested having a massive god save the king display tomorrow with wor flags, but with king Eddie?

:indi: I did suggest it was the true coronation on Sunday! Return of the new true king!