Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

31 minutes ago, Jimburst said:

He must be the most measured person I've ever seen. Never seen anything quite like it :lol: quite an unusual trait.

I just talk shite all the time.

He never seems to blag through an answer, whereas at work 99% of the responses I give are just bullshit blagging. How does he do it :lol:

IMG_2584.thumb.jpeg.6417bcdd92a2e2464efd2be64ff468f0.jpeg

Eddie Howe has said he “hasn’t given too much thought” to concerns over St James’ Park holding friendlies for the Saudi Arabia men’s national team next month.

Newcastle United announced on Wednesday that their stadium will host Saudi Arabia for two friendlies in September, playing Costa Rica on September 8 and South Korea on September 12.

The club are majority-owned by Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund (PIF), and have fostered links with the country since the takeover, including training camps in Riyadh, an away kit which resembles the Saudi national team’s, and shirt sponsorship deals with two Saudi companies, Sela and Noon.

However, Newcastle’s links with the country have been questioned owing to the state’s poor record on human rights, which has been routinely criticised by organisations such as Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch.

Asked how comfortable he was with the announcement, Howe replied: “Well, I found out like you, the media did, I had no pre-knowledge of what was happening. All I say on that is (that) I think Newcastle is an incredible venue to play, not just football, but we’ve had bands, lots of different rugby, lots of different sports at the stadium, and it is a truly iconic place to play.”

Just watched the prematch press conference. He is so good with the media. As others have said, measured, reflective and really open. How many other managers would talk about the  love they have for a player in such an open honest and natural way? Great man. Great manager. 

15 hours ago, SiLvOR said:

He never seems to blag through an answer, whereas at work 99% of the responses I give are just bullshit blagging. How does he do it :lol:

Because he's competent.

?

Just now, The Prophet said:

Doesn't help Joelinton and then Longstaff when he came on were both really careless in possession.

That’s going to happen with Joelinton and Longstaff. The worst thing is that they were beaten to the ball a lot. That’s meant to be their strength. I thought Longstaff was ok.  

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

That’s going to happen with Joelinton and Longstaff. The worst thing is that they were beaten to the ball a lot. That’s meant to be their strength. I thought Longstaff was ok.  

Anderson was better than both.

8 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I love Eddie. But sometimes I wish he would tinker more tactically.  We could’ve done with another body in midfield 

What would you have done if you were him? Play Longstaff instead of Gordon and packed the midfield even more?