Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Nice to see Graves is up to speed with the papers from several days ago. 

Hopefully someone in place for Palace but I doubt they would make the interim statement they did if we are very close to appointing someone full time. Maybe a little "under promise, over deliver", if we are lucky and they are just covering all bases in case something falls through.

1 hour ago, POOT 2.0 said:

If Jones was always an acceptable option as interim, then Bruce would have gone before the Spurs game. So it points more to the theory they wanted a replacement before binning Bruce.

I feel they're very close to confirming a new manager, hence the movement now. I reckon we'll hear an announcement before the weekend. 

Let’s hope so. But I actually think they just wanted to give him the 1000th game in the end. They knew that they couldn’t get anyone in right away so decided to be nice so that the media wouldn’t have overreacted about sacking him on 999

28 minutes ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Welcome to yesterday, Pete.

Just the idea that we actually have a good quality shortlist who’ll be wanting to sell themselves to us as much as us them, rather than going down to 10th choice with the remit of finishing 17th, is amazing.

33 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Nice to see Graves is up to speed with the papers from several days ago. 

Hopefully someone in place for Palace but I doubt they would make the interim statement they did if we are very close to appointing someone full time. Maybe a little "under promise, over deliver", if we are lucky and they are just covering all bases in case something falls through.

I just think, caretaker is a little disrespectful, in their vernacular anyway. I wouldn’t read too much into it in the interim!

Edited by HTT II

48 minutes ago, Intercepting Fist said:

Wonder if King Kev has been considered just until the end of the season to steady the ship? The summer may have a larger number of managerial candidates available. 

The guy hasn't watched a game of football since 2010.

1 hour ago, Menace said:

The guy hasn't watched a game of football since 2010.

I’m not advocating him in anything other than an ambassadorial role but for the record he’d not watched a game for 7 years when he took over the first time.

3 minutes ago, LFEE said:

I’m not advocating him in anything other than an ambassadorial role but for the record he’d not watched a game for 7 years when he took over the first time.

A man like KK instinctively knows the game and footballers inside out, he doesn’t need to watch a game or a team or a player over a length of time to know and understand what it takes to be successful or what needs done or not, he’d get all that in a few training sessions easily as he’s proved twice here. For his own sanity, health and my love of the man, I wouldn’t want him back as manager in the real world though, in my idealistic head and heart, however, fuck yeah! 

1 minute ago, BennyBlanco said:

Wonder what the odds are on Jones getting the gig full time if he impresses. If he takes 4 games and wins 3 of em then surely he’s got to be considered. Isn’t he rated pretty highly amongst those at the FA + England?

No chance. Why be wasting time interviewing candidates if they even consider the possibility of giving it to Jones? Plus there’s zero evidence or even rumours that he even wants it. 

4 minutes ago, Manxst said:

No chance. Why be wasting time interviewing candidates if they even consider the possibility of giving it to Jones? Plus there’s zero evidence or even rumours that he even wants it. 

Not a bad point but you’d think any coaches top ambition would be a managerial role at a premier league club no?