Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

13 hours ago, PeepShow4life said:

Not that I think he'd come here but I don't understand the Mourinho love personally, the guys an arrogant bully and his team's, even with great players, are boring to watch.

I know he has links to Sir Bobby and always said nice things about us but he is the total opposite to him.

Bobby was a gentleman and would never place the blame on individual players. I don't think he would like the way Mourinho treats people tbh.

Think he'd be a good fit for us at this time tbh. He's a brilliant organiser, he understands and probably shares the football obsession we have up here, and if the takeover had happened in the summer, I think he would have jumped at the chance to manage Newcastle. 

52 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Someone posted a video of Xavi on here a week or so ago, where he was talking about his tactics and how he is obsessed with possession. Imagine him trying to get the current batch of players to play a possession style of football :lol: Have we had even one match in the league with more than 45% possession the last 3 seasons? :lol: 

These other managers work on this stuff in training constantly though, and so the team will surely improve on it a lot.

We look so bad and think our players are totally incapable of playing any kind of possession football because they only train 3 days a week, and when they do actually train only God knows what nonsense they were doing under Bruce.

Martinez scares me man. I really like the guy, but I just don't think it would work for some reason.

The worry is that if they start getting too into the experience of the league malarkey he will be one of the favourites.

Martinez was an up and coming manager about 15 years ago, I still like him generally, just think he's been surpassed by far savvier new breeds these days. He seems almost old school by comparison. 

Hopefully Jones can start picking up some results and then the Owners can go into detail with potential new owners and get the right one in.

Links to Martinez and Howe don't excite me but remember beggars can't be choosers and we would of took anyone over Bruce.

Fonseca is an up and coming manager and his attacking brand of football would be loved here but could he really get that working with what is essentially a championship level defence? 

Gerrard has won SPL but managing in the Prem is a big step up and a gamble.

See how Jones does next few games!

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Some of the candidates mentioned are exciting, but I can't think of anyone more ideally suited than Benitez.

I know what you mean and feel the same.

When Rafa was here, it seemed the only thing holding him back was not having owners who matched his ambitions for the team.

Now they are here, it's a shame he isn't. However, now he's at Everton and he's not one to break a contract.

I am excited to see who we get in though and I think we can all agree whoever it is will be far better than what we've just had.

1 hour ago, reefatoon said:

I don't mind them taking their time over this now actually. I feel we will see a massive difference in the players now Bruce has gone, that lift alone should help us out while we make sure we bring the right person in for the job. If we had kept Bruce on while we took our time to find a new manager though, I would have been more worried, but now he is gone, the total lift in mood should help everyone.

When you see comments like ASM then I can't see the mood being lifted that much. Just makes me think we've got a bunch of workshy keents. Roll on January

Anyone else read the latest Athletic article ?

Seems we are a few weeks away from an appointment yet and seems the consortium are having the exact conversations we are as in are Martinez Fonseca and favre going to be able to sort out the defence ?

Also seems like Jones could well stay in charge if he impresses short term ( which I don’t personally think he will).