Transfer rumours

Yorkie

its like groundhog day  :lol:

why the fuck does Rafa stay here?

He's got a year left on his contract. Might be a repeat of last season with Rafa making the best of the players we'd buy anyway regardless of who the manager was. Rafa won't be given full control of transfer targets because he won't sign a contract until we buy his players...which we won't because Rafa won't sign his contract, and so on.

At the moment it's looking like he'll leave at the end of next season.

Ashley has no interest in even letting the club spend any money, the best thing about rafa for him is he guarantees the team will over perform, and that Rafa is too loyal to the fans to walk away even though he is clearly being used. we will only spend money made from player sales and at the end of the season Rafa will go to be replaced by a yes man who will get us relegated again. Ashley will not be willing to drop his valuation of the club.

Can anyone recall the precise details of the sacred rites and rituals of NUFCSD transfer ‘ladder’?  Are the steps: purposeless scouting, thinking about monitoring, monitoring, post-monitoring huffing and puffing (re price of players these days), checking availability for loan, derisory offer... nope. That’s it I am stuck. Can’t recall anything that happens after that.

Guest Howaythetoon

Man Utd wouldn’t sell Rashford, well the club itself anyway, even if Mourinho probably would. He’s too valuable an asset and I can see Mourinho maybe lasting one more season there so a loan deal may be the best for all concerned. There would be huge competition for him though. He’s a very very good prospect though and could develop into a top class player.

He played in like 50 games last season. Can't see it happening

They're looking to add even more attacking players this summer again. He will end up buried on the bench.

He's shown enough to be starting every game and be allowed to truly establish himself as a front man.

We're probably the team most well placed to offer him that in a decent team. Our number 9 spot is wide open.

Monitoring >> Considering >> Preparing > Balk at reasonable fee/wages > Low ball offer > Won't be held to ransom > Moving on to next Target

Repeat forever

:lol: Loop it after Ransom back to monitoring and it's spot on, imo.

Rondon linked again too. Seems clear the type of striker Rafa wants to build his attack around as he's a similar striker to Slimani.

He's better than Gayle and Joselu like but isn't good enough to be our first choice imo. Would be a good signing as one of 2/3 back up strikers though.

If we're going to play like we did for most of 2018 I'd rather we focussed on getting a nippy striker to play on the shoulder of defenders rather than a Slimani/Rondon type striker

Guest reefatoon

Hmm, are West Brom wanting money for him? Would scupper the plans if so. Let’s monitor a bit longer to look like we are serious though.

If we're going to play like we did for most of 2018 I'd rather we focussed on getting a nippy striker to play on the shoulder of defenders rather than a Slimani/Rondon type striker

If we are playing one upfront, they probably need to be pretty versatile to be honest and be able to hold the ball up as well.  I imagine that's why Rafa was so keen on Abraham as he combined strength and pace.