Transfer rumours

Yorkie

I assumed we would be getting Skrtel for nowt but that's not the case, is it? Otherwise selling Mbemba and replacing him with a free Skrtel wouldn't be a bad idea.

Presumably they are keeping their outlay down for other areas.... like Sports Direct signage or Mike Ashley's match day guests.

I bet we're keeping an eye on the Sporting situation, with loads of players rescinding their contracts. Luckily, they've got some class players.

Competition will be too fierce for Carvalho & Gelson Martins, but we should definitely be in for Bruno Fernandes, Podence etc. Even the dreaded Bas Dost!

This is pure, 100% Mike Ashley.

I bet we're keeping an eye on the Sporting situation, with loads of players rescinding their contracts. Luckily, they've got some class players.

Competition will be too fierce for Carvalho & Gelson Martins, but we should definitely be in for Bruno Fernandes, Podence etc. Even the dreaded Bas Dost!

http://rr.sapo.pt/noticia/115614/battaglia-bas-dost-e-mathieu-podem-rescindir-contrato-com-o-sporting-esta-semana

Announed today he's leaving

http://rr.sapo.pt/noticia/115614/battaglia-bas-dost-e-mathieu-podem-rescindir-contrato-com-o-sporting-esta-semana

Done and Dosted :thup:

Done and Dosted :thup:

2016-17: 34 goals in 31 games

2017-18: 27 goals in 30 games

Sure, the Primeira isn't top drawer but that's decent.

He was 30 and fat by the time he went to Bolton like.

His record before that was...

Vasco Da Gama : 26 in 50

Gremio            : 67 in 73

Porto                : 130 in 125!

Galatasaray      : 22 in 24

Sporting Lisbon  : 53 in 49

Ronaldo/Messi like figures albeit in lesser leagues.

I know Rafa has supposedly been after Bas Dost for a while but he doesn't seem.like the supposes Rafa style striker. He's not very mobile and doesn't dart all over putting  pressure  on defenders.

I completely get why we aren’t doing any business right now.

A lot of the quality will be at the World Cup. This includes Mitrovic as a prime example. I’m sure we could do a deal with Fulham for £20m with Mitrovic commanding a £50k p/w salary.

However on good World Cup and that figure doubles. Why would Newcastle or Mitrovic’s agent agree to a quick sale now?

We could apply that thinking to a lot of the players at the World Cup, clubs don’t want to sell, but also if Rafa has a chance to wait and up how transfer budget based on how well Mitrovic performs, why sign mediocre now?

I’m sure we will compete for any good opportunities come up but I won’t start worrying until the World Cup is nearly done.

I completely get why we aren’t doing any business right now.

A lot of the quality will be at the World Cup. This includes Mitrovic as a prime example. I’m sure we could do a deal with Fulham for £20m with Mitrovic commanding a £50k p/w salary.

However on good World Cup and that figure doubles. Why would Newcastle or Mitrovic’s agent agree to a quick sale now?

We could apply that thinking to a lot of the players at the World Cup, clubs don’t want to sell, but also if Rafa has a chance to wait and up how transfer budget based on how well Mitrovic performs, why sign mediocre now?

I’m sure we will compete for any good opportunities come up but I won’t start worrying until the World Cup is nearly done.

I'd be amazed if any of the players we sign (ha!) are actually playing at the world cup.