Transfer rumours

Yorkie

I hate thinking this as i really like Merino but as is the usual way of things with our tight fat bastard owner, i reckon it's Merino out so Sturaro can come in.

I agree. When did Merino get his back injury? Before that he was unreal, looked really classy.

I'm sure I heard that rumour about him the other day. We made an 11m Euro bid for him and they want 14m Euro.

We'll probably baulk at that and improve our bid to €11.25m.

I'm sure I heard that rumour about him the other day. We made an 11m Euro bid for him and they want 14m Euro.

Well if what the Italian press is saying is true then we've now increased our bid to €13m, so less than £1m to go and we'll probably think it's too much.

I hate thinking this as i really like Merino but as is the usual way of things with our tight fat bastard owner, i reckon it's Merino out so Sturaro can come in.

I agree. When did Merino get his back injury? Before that he was unreal, looked really classy.

Think he got injured around October time, he never really got back in after that, tbf he was out for ages and Diame and Shelvey were superb for the last 3 or so months of the season.

Well if what the Italian press is saying is true then we've now increased our bid to €13m, so less than £1m to go and we'll probably think it's too much.

Well if the past is anything to go by, we either haven't bid at all, or have bid around €7m as we're fucking mental and probably don't want to spend a penny anyways.

Think he got injured around October time, he never really got back in after that, tbf he was out for ages and Diame and Shelvey were superb for the last 3 or so months of the season.

I remember him coming off the bench against Man City at home when we were putting pressure on them towards the end, he looked great then and after the game finished I thought he should've came on earlier. It's a shame, like. And like you, I don't want him to go. I think whilst Sturaro may or may not be a good signing our CMs are fine as they are. Assuming Diame can keep up his form.

I remember him coming off the bench against Man City at home when we were putting pressure on them towards the end, he looked great then and after the game finished I thought he should've came on earlier. It's a shame, like. And like you, I don't want him to go. I think whilst Sturaro may or may not be a good signing our CMs are fine as they are. Assuming Diame can keep up his form.

I say buy Sturaro and keep Merino and have good bit of competition for places, as funky as that sounds. I know it's a bit better now with Rafa's persuasion but Ashley really doesn't get why you need a squad and not the 11 purple bollocks Llambias came out with. He'll never see it imo, mainly because he doesn't want to and couldn't care less.

Newcastle United have been warned by Feyenoord that Nicolai Jorgensen’s price tag remains unchanged - meaning the Magpies will need to spend north of £20million in order to sign the Dane this summer.

no thanks