Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Guest chopey

I think if we can sign that left back from Bristol and a fuck off striker we'll have had a cracking summer.

I think if we can sign that left back from Bristol and a fuck off striker we'll have had a cracking summer.

A cracking summer? I don't think we've signed or will sign a player at the top of Rafa's list.

Could be referring to this.

Speaking about a potential transfer, Argentinian radio station ‘Closs Continental said: ‘They (NUFC) asked how much the Nahitan Nandez release clause was. They pretend, but they do not reach the number.’

https://www.clubcall.com/premier-league/newcastle-united/2018/07/27/magpies-set-to-swoop-for-uruguay-ace-nandez/

Nandez shouldnt cost that much but would be a solid player to add.

On the squad situation. I see people mentioning fullbacks and I would agree another left back would be nice but I would put a couple positions at the very least ahead in consequence. A #9 and a #10 is needed plus a left back before even looking at the otherside. I think Rafa likes those two (Yedlin/Manquillo) and both are young enough to still show growth. If there was a lot more money then sure but cant see even fulfilling those 3 holes I mentioned above adequately.

Manquilllo is never going to be a good player.

He's teeth grindingly wank  :thup:

Muto and Joe Bryan by our standards would make it a decent summer. Although overall we'll have had one of the poorest summers out of all the teams in the PL.

A fair point, although on transfers alone Bournemouth, Burnley, Crystal Palace, and us have got worse. and Cardiff haven't really done much. Everton have replaced Rooney and Funes Mori with Richarlison, which isn't exactly amazing. Weirdly, I think you've done better than those six teams already, although of course that's going to change.

LB, AM another striker and a replacement for Hayden if he goes.

Do that and i am placated. If we don't we have gone backwards, not least when others have gone forward. Even with those players, this season, safety will be far from guaranteed.

Muto and Joe Bryan by our standards would make it a decent summer. Although overall we'll have had one of the poorest summers out of all the teams in the PL.

A fair point, although on transfers alone Bournemouth, Burnley, Crystal Palace, and us have got worse. and Cardiff haven't really done much. Everton have replaced Rooney and Funes Mori with Richarlison, which isn't exactly amazing. Weirdly, I think you've done better than those six teams already, although of course that's going to change.

Everton apparently bid £27m for Yerry Mina and it'll be accepted by all accounts.

Everton apparently bid £27m for Yerry Mina and it'll be accepted by all accounts.

So they’re getting both Mina and Digne then?

I honestly believe he's worth about £50m considering the other transfer rates going these days. He's got all he needs to be a top, top player.

This is the baseline for me seeing how crazy everything else is. Sure Cashley will hold on to him. Looking at another 20m profit once he gets called up for an England friendly this year.