Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Going with the worst case from this point, I'm hopeful we'll sign a striker (probably Rondon) and with Lejeune's injury a free or loan centre-half (like Reyes) is also a priority. If those two things happen, then our transfer business has been satisfactory under the circumstances Ashley imposes on us

Unfortunately, the worst case also includes players sold and replaced inadequately (like Lacselles). That would be entirely unsatisfactory :(

If they stupidly sold Lascelles Wed be absolute certainties to go down

Don't really wanna see Gayle go tbh. Simply no need for it, either. Leaves us with one very unconvincing target man, one total question mark with an average record in a poorer league and Joselu. I hope Perez fancies being really good again.

Don't really wanna see Gayle go tbh. Simply no need for it, either. Leaves us with one very unconvincing target man, one total question mark with an average record in a poorer league and Joselu. I hope Perez fancies being really good again.

Same feelings, right now Gayle is our best striker.

I'd say cheeky loan bid for Mangala coming up but think he is still recovering from a long term knee injury.

Reyes will make sense given the cost and the fact it will be easier to justify Lascelles being sold in January.

So looking like Mitrovic and Gayle out and muto and Rondon in. Really don’t see much improvement

Well, wherever Mitrovich and Gayle would be on Rafas "list", I assume the others are higher if he wants to swap. Fingers crossed he knows what he's doing.

It's weird how the narrative seems to have changed from Rondon being a decent player but we should be going for better to just being a bad player over the last few weeks

Different posters saying it though, no?

I don’t rate him at all, but if Rafa will play him he’s automatically more useful than mitro. Again though, we’re going into a season without a goal scorer. Gonna be a long hard season.